Sign in to follow this  
Daash

Deliverance Community Map [Discontinued]

On behalf of DelightfulDee: Please move "Black Sleeping Dragon" (S8) to its correct location on the mountain top (R7/8), as shown in this image:

FNmKjw9.jpg

Hey Daash,

thanks again for maintaining the community map. The map is great - but it could be improved by marking the major highways. When travelling around Deli it is sometimes difficult to see roads and highways on the map dump, particularly when they are overlayed by the map grid and other overlay features.

So I would like to suggest to identify all the major highways (please help Daash with that, folks) and mark them by colored (white?) lines.

Also: there are strange little white areas appearing on the map - probably in places where you edited or moved markers. Can you check that, please?

Keep up the good work. Cheers

Yaga

And finally: again we have the old problem that only a very small fraction of our deeds appear on the map. Therefore I would like to remind you of the agreement we made (back when Nic maintained the map - when in doubt, please check this thread http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/141416-community-map-poll-add-all-deeds/): we adopted a strict "opt-out" policy.

Everybody is free to (in fact: expected to) report deeds and their locations (unless we already know that the deed owner wants to hide their settlement for some strange reason). Mayors can ask you to remove their deed, if absolutely necessary. "Only a complete community map is a good community map." :P

So folks, please go on reporting deeds and their correct locations, as we did back in the old days!

• Like 1

There are a bunch of typos in the picture below:

289fpnd.jpg

Arrows show what deeds are misplaced and/or misspelled(my deeds),  please add Crocodile Creek token is placed on the red +.

Also, how long has that road been called Marble Road?

I strongly oppose to such a name on a road that is right between my deeds, as there is no marble to be mined in the mountains in this area.

Please add my deed Avalon at the location in the image at R23

166g9xy.jpg

Rectified the position of the entrance / exit to the Green Tunnel at P19 as indicated in the image.  Settlements of Standfasta and New Helix disbanded.

2rptkx1.jpg

Please rename my wifes deed at S21 from Sea Horse Bay to Windigo

• Like 1

... and who called the sound in the southeast "Dragon Cove"?

I suggest not to use any "local" names unless all neighbours involved had a chance to vote on it. What is your current procedure for adding individual names for bays, mountains, roads, etc.?

• Like 1

Please add my village "Arcadia" located at M-12

CU6I4M8.jpg

On 3/16/2017 at 10:20 PM, Yaga said:

... and who called the sound in the southeast "Dragon Cove"?

I suggest not to use any "local" names unless all neighbours involved had a chance to vote on it. What is your current procedure for adding individual names for bays, mountains, roads, etc.?

I figured it looks like a dragon head, i can change it to another name of course.

Other names needs a system to work them out though.

Ok i have given the main roads some thinking and this is what i want to be defined as a main road:

Main roads

- It has to be atleast 3 tiles wide in total

- With that being said it must not be paved 3 tiles it could be 1 or 2 tiles wide with sand on the sides

- It may be short passages that arent 3 tiles wide but that must be due to some special reason

Road names

- Will only be given special passages and names will be open for debate to some degree.

- Named roads must as stated above be very special for example a road made during a comunity event.

Welp, I have one issue with that, highways by the staff handbooks are two tiles wides road connecting deeds together. Why not just keep that definition and highlight the important roads connecting deeds together, no matter if they are 2 or 3 tiles wide.

On the few you have already highlighted, are all of them of the same importance for the community. Do they help to connect deeds to each others,, North to the South, West to the East... or just randomly stop.

As a traveler my main interest would be knowing if i can take that road all the way from here to there or will i end up being stuck at one point because well, the road ends up on a silly terraforming, cliff, pallisade, whatever.

"Where have all the villages gone?" :o

OVXnRVS.png

13 hours ago, Odynn said:

Welp, I have one issue with that, highways by the staff handbooks are two tiles wides road connecting deeds together. Why not just keep that definition and highlight the important roads connecting deeds together, no matter if they are 2 or 3 tiles wide.

I agree with Odynn. There is a clear and unambiguous definition of what a "highway" is. I suggest just to mark existing highways with a colored line, as it is done on most of the other community maps.

Every time i have asked a gm about what a highway are i have been told its a 3 tile road with sand on the sides.

But in hindsite i can agree that 2 tiles are enough yes. So i will change it to that.

3 hours ago, Yaga said:

"Where have all the villages gone?" :o

OVXnRVS.png

They took a nap, now they are awake again =)

• Like 1

On 16/03/2017 at 10:09 PM, xxxpoisonxxx said:

Please add my deed Avalon at the location in the image at R23

166g9xy.jpg

Rectified the position of the entrance / exit to the Green Tunnel at P19 as indicated in the image.  Settlements of Standfasta and New Helix disbanded.

2rptkx1.jpg

Please rename my wifes deed at S21 from Sea Horse Bay to Windigo

Can you please change Sea horse bay to Windigo, my deed as my husband asked. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Epryss

Starting to add roads... will take some work to go over the map but they will be in there,

I will add the roads that seem to be 2 tiles or more, smaller roads if they lead to a deed. if they lead to "nothing" they will be skipped.

• Like 1

Here is the map of the viable highways located around the Rainbow Lake area. I have marked them in Purple. The one road marked in black is removed and the canal opened up. Outpost has been gone for a long time and needs to be taken out, please.Thank you Daash for taking up the mantle of map maintenance. Your diligence is much appreciated!

ZiZsmxj.jpg

Are you sure Deliverance Harbour is in right place? It should be where road from Theos estate meet coast if I recall this right (the road that comes past old Hollywood)

I mean the white road on Koroths pic above.

Edited by Cecci

I would like to have the following names om two roads:

Fogspider Path

Pacers Path (or something else that honors pacer)

I would also like those roads to be near Green dog.

Any sugestions on what stretch would be fitting ?

I'm sorry, but the two tunnels east of Puzzle Plaza are still incorrect. Please check this image:

9RzTWf5.jpg

Purple: Correct tunnel

Cyan: Highways (corrected)

Thanks Daash, Green Tunnel and PP tunnel are correct now! \o/

Here are some more updates for the southeast peninsula:

- "Anubis Gates" (U18) got lost somehow, but it still exists (see red circle)

- "Eyrie" (V20) is slightly misplaced (see red circle and arrow)

- "Pinewood Heights" and "EagleView" can be removed

- Some road connections are missing (see cyan lines)

siueYCO.jpg

In addition: "Kokee" (R17) has been disbanded.

Edited by Yaga

On 3/23/2017 at 0:43 AM, Cecci said:

Are you sure Deliverance Harbour is in right place? It should be where road from Theos estate meet coast if I recall this right (the road that comes past old Hollywood)

I mean the white road on Koroths pic above.

@Cecci, Yes the single road exiting the left side of my pic leads directly to Deliverance Harbor. Where the icon is placed on the map for the harbor is, it's actually located on both sides of the road, so the map is close enough.   :)

Ah you are right, the mine in DH and all of that is on right side of the road.

I wish we had a hwy south from there to meet the hwy from GD tunnel past peat and there and exit thru Hillside Farm!

16 hours ago, Cecci said:

Ah you are right, the mine in DH and all of that is on right side of the road.

I wish we had a hwy south from there to meet the hwy from GD tunnel past peat and there and exit thru Hillside Farm!

Convince jberg to make a road and ill make a path through my deed,