Sign in to follow this  
Budda

Late 2016 Roadmap

Hey guys, great plans!

I have just one more wish: A transaction history?

Us merchants urgently need details, to recognize mail fraud faster and to keep an overview who paid what and if any mails got lost.

A history for the actual NPC merchants would be awesome to have too, to see when what sold.

Currently it is alot pen and paper work to keep track.

The token remembers for years who paid what into upkeep, something similar for the bank account of each player will be really helpful.

Thanks and keep up the great work! :-)

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Sila said:
  • Tutorial Revamp

done so many times lol

As funny as it might sound.. that's probably the best idea ever... in YEARS... too many players quit the game way before they have even tried anything... or being ####### slapped by a pheasant!:D Wurm have quite unique setup.. and lets you do almost anything.. yet.. if you've tried 1-2-3-5-10 other mmos... well you're in trouble figuring wurm in short time, w/o reading the wiki it's really hard to do much, and who's that new guy/girl that will start a game and read a wiki at the same time, maybe that's why the player base have been a tight circle over the years:mellow:

5 hours ago, BeardedMan said:

Document the game fully on the wiki and not let players edit it if you truly want to school new players about the game.

It's kind of an exploration game.. and everything is discovered and shared by the players.. in a way wiki crafting works the same way(community effort, afaik), also for nearly 99% of the game. It was rare to get a few secrets shared in some patch notes:o

3 hours ago, Soil said:

Hopefully this is one of many "Hey here's what we're working on" posts

It had to start from somewhere:)

3 hours ago, Omar said:
6 hours ago, Budda said:

As well as this there will be some changes focusing heavily on the Epic servers, including large amounts of planned bug fixes and improvements to the mission system and further Epic specific features to be introduced.

Why waste time on this pile of poop? Theres not enough players to pvp against and there never will be, it needs 20x the players to make it viable. Not sure where your going to get them from.

It's part of the game, and now it has priority, deal with it;)

1 hour ago, akaedis said:

A seasonal or monthly blog would be most appreciated i think.

winnie-the-pooh: "the more the better"...  as long it leaves them time to also work :lol:

51 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

I didn't see anything about advertising......

Like, share, pin, etc.. and email to all your friends to see;):rolleyes:

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Not in the scope of the developer roadmap

Is it in the scope of anyones roadmap?

The issue with "explorative" ( is this a word btw? ) nature of Wurm and lack of official documentation is that there are Community Assistants, who are perceived as officials but also do not possess the secret knowledge and sometimes happen to spread common misconceptions, unconfirmed rumours and such. They are not to blame, but it is confusing for sure.

• Like 1

Great news! You guys should definitely add in an option to use the old renderer though. The grass and lighting/shadows in the unstable client look horrible in my opinion, even on the highest settings.

• Like 3

In the interest of flushing out bugs I have tried running the unstable client but I find that the disconnection problem makes it unplayable for me at least.  If not for that I would run it all the time.  Please concentrate on fixing that ASAP to allow more player hours to be spent proving the client out before releasing it.

• Like 5

I would love to see some sort of dev blog, but then again I'm a giant nerd.

However, even non-giant-nerds might want to see some more transparency and information regarding why changes are made and what the progress of upcoming features is like, so I think it would be a nice thing for everyone. This has improved in general lately, but a dedicated dev blog is definitely something I'd read in addition.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

We are still missing one major game improvement that would add to the realism of our medieval world.

Can you bring in a speed selection for boats and ships, with FURL SAILS and SET SAILS ?

FURL SAILS would reduce a boat or ship's speed to 2.5 km/ph  so you can maneuver in a tight harbour and dock your boat at the pier or wharf in a Strong Wind or Gale without risking ending up 4 tiles inland in your neighbor's house.

SET SAILS would allow a boat of ship move at what ever the wind or passengers rowing will push I along at.

Here in PvE folks love to build beautiful things, like a fancy Harbour or Marina.

But a fancy Harbour or Marina is impossible to use in Strong Winds or in Gale Force winds.

The FURL SAILS, SET SAILS speed selection for boats and ships would definitely enhance game play and enjoyment of the game.

We are a medieval era game and back in those ancient times, boat and ship captain did FURL SAILS to enter a harbour and SET SAILS after leaving a harbor. Can we please have this ability in Wurm?

80% of the Prem Customer base for WOL is on the PvE.

Can we ask that you look after us please for a change, with this small but very game enjoyment enhancing improvement. 

Oh and I can imagine that the PvP folks would enjoy it also, would give them a new tactic to use in ship to ship combat.

We are a medieval era game and back in those ancient times, boat and ship captain did FURL SAILS to enter a harbour and SET SAILS after leaving a harbor. Can we please have this ability in Wurm?

Respectfully submitted for consideration,

Hughmongus

Co-Administrator of the Albia Roads Map of Indy

• Like 7

Regarding the unstable client: I have way less issues when using it than earlier but in dense towns fps drop and UI tesponse (mouse focus lagging after mouse movement for one) is quite seriously pushing  me back to old renderer. Nvidia,Core2quad and Ubuntu64.

Is there a generic unstable report section now?I could not find it (but Im a noob)

Thanks for this information.

An idea when it will be possible to build marble houses ?

I assume after the new client but are marble buildings anywhere on the map today ?

• Like 1

Web Account Management!!!!!!!!!! Yes!

Nothing listed comes even close to having this feature added.

THank you!

Any plans to fix the numerous bugs that have plagued us for the last forever?

To name a few:

player (and more prominently) boat location desync.
Cave walls eating your horses and requiring a relog to make them visible

Embarking on carts/wagons/horses occasionally locking up the client
"You are too busy" messages when trying to shield bash (and thus unable to shield bash until combat has been broken).
Archery not letting you shoot, even in some cases when target is not only visible, but entirely unobstructed.
players sometimes not showing up in local or even rendering, even if their horse is visible to you

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Web Account Management!!!!!!!!!! Yes!

Nothing listed comes even close to having this feature added.

THank you!

What would this allow us to do? 

Currently we have two projects as our main focus, the new client renderer and the cooking update.

NO, this should be THREE, PVP fixes should be A MAIN FOCUS, we've seen barely anything based on the kingdom feedback, seriously this is getting beyond a joke now, the features we asked for/you promised haven't been put in and we was expecting them by JULY, it's ALMOST CHRISTMAS and you're not even pretending that pvp isn't a main focus? I'm seriously dissapointed, i have no faith in further updates and I have no faith in the dev team at this point when it comes to pvp. PVP was put to the side for "back house cleanup of files/systems w/e w/e w/e" and "rifts" now cooking is the main update? srs? I'm probably sounding like a parrot with these repeated posts, but not again, I'm done with expecting anything from you guys now, I garuntee we won't see ANYTHING AMAZING for epic until april/march next year, and it will NOT be worth the wait. THESE CHANGES WERE SUPPOSE TO BE DONE BY NOW, WE SPOKE ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO. it isn't even listed as a main focus 8 months later and you haven't got the respect for the players to let it die with dignity and announce a merge, you're always AGAINST the players choice.

Retro, you've really let me/others down, the list of changes/fixes just hasn't been done, the systems/mechanics we spoke about, not done, you've done the easier options but haven't done nothing for pvp really and let's face it, the ones you did do were WAYYY over due.

Mclovin out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Budda said:

If there is enough interest, we may start writing a dev blog every now and then focusing on mechanics discussions, development decisions and just generally giving more of an insight into why we decide to do something the way we do it.

Yes please!

• Like 1

8 months Mclovin, wasn't it march\april ? And the players choice, you do mean the epic players that near daily read the forums or? Don't make a mockery out of all the epic players that for a long long time haven't bothered reading forums any longer because all they see are rants, dragging the game down with a one sided mind and continuously repeated so called facts about this and that all the time. There's a lot of those players around, a lot. All those players are worth exactly as much as all those posting on the forums. just because somebody shout the loudest most frequently doesn't mean they're right. It surely doesn't mean they're wrong either but i honestly thought only workhorses had blinkers on.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gaffer said:

In the interest of flushing out bugs I have tried running the unstable client but I find that the disconnection problem makes it unplayable for me at least.  If not for that I would run it all the time.  Please concentrate on fixing that ASAP to allow more player hours to be spent proving the client out before releasing it.

that, after 3 relog i went back to stable. also the colors on the health bar doesn't seem as sharp / blurry, nothing major but still annoying.

12 hours ago, Budda said:

If there is enough interest, we may start writing a dev blog every now and then focusing on mechanics discussions, development decisions and just generally giving more of an insight into why we decide to do something the way we do it. If you would be interested in that sort of thing, do let us know - otherwise we’ll still be posting news and teasers for upcoming patches and projects in the weekly news posts.

Definitly great idea, it may lower the rant you guys are sometimes unjustly receving (even from me :D ) if we would have deeper insight into your reasons. And as a fellow programmer i would find it very fun and interesting to read :) Also wish you the very best in future, plans you already put in motion sound promissing, and i'm looking forward the new era in Wurm and hopes it will even be better than before :)

I personally also miss the monthly treasure hunts - I know it is a big effort from GM side though.

13 hours ago, Budda said:

This brings us to November, and the next series of projects after the cooking update is finished and live. Most of these have been started on in some form already, but will be the main focus for the months following the cooking update:

• In-Game UI Overhaul
  • Tutorial Revamp
  • New Web Based Account System
  • Updated Web Shop

so uh....

PVP is done...?

Ya nerfed SOTG (value edited), changed strength modifier to DR (swapping out one math curve for another), arbitairly added extra resistance modifiers to armour without much logic to values, fixed WA, slightly altered teleporting and building distance...

Did i miss something?

That was all we got...?

Neat. Guess the promise of PVP still being worked on but delivered after the cooking was bull.

What happend to the previous promises made? Did ya guys just decide to screw it and focus on other things?

Edited by Zekezor

2 hours ago, Elrohiir said:

8 months Mclovin, wasn't it march\april ? And the players choice, you do mean the epic players that near daily read the forums or? Don't make a mockery out of all the epic players that for a long long time haven't bothered reading forums any longer because all they see are rants, dragging the game down with a one sided mind and continuously repeated so called facts about this and that all the time. There's a lot of those players around, a lot. All those players are worth exactly as much as all those posting on the forums. just because somebody shout the loudest most frequently doesn't mean they're right. It surely doesn't mean they're wrong either but i honestly thought only workhorses had blinkers on.  

The private topic that got Retro/Devs "doing stuff" was March 5th, today is October the 5th we are on 7-8 months. Let's say for arguments sake it was April, I would be maximum depending on day 2 months off in which case do you think in 2 months, after 7 months, [yes im suprised as you about how time flies based on empty news updates and coding] that any real change was coming towards epic? you can speak about the people your server has my friend all you want, but how many tabbs have gone off over there? Elevation? Affliction? Jen kellon? Nothing note-worthy or how it use to be. Truthly all the servers are in decline some slower than others. The "so called facts" are supported with 1. Devs trying but failing to fix the issue, [yes they acklowedge the issue] and 2. Charts. Charts charts charts charts. Almost everybody I see posting on this forums ranging from MR/JK/BL/Vets/Retired players - have shared the same general feeling - epic is dead, more than those that say it isn't, so either get posting/defending with something more than a post to deny what is happening without actually posting "so called facts" yourself or stand back and remain silent like you apparently have.

The work the devs are doing is not enough, not fast enough and not big enough to bring any real change to Epic. It was needed 7 [yes 7] months ago when we spoke about it. Followed by the constant months [of the same people who spoke about the issues/were promised change] wondering where the hell it was.

Edited by Mclovin

13 hours ago, Budda said:

Included in this update will be some expanded changes to the Rift system

Congratulations on your new announced position as head developer of Wurm Online. As you can tell from some of the responses here it will be no walk in the park but hopefully you will find it to be overall a satisfying and rewarding experience.

As for your quote above I think overall the Rift system has been good for the game in a number of ways; however, one part of it continues to concern me. That is the seeming random repeated destruction of otherwise pristine Wurm landscapes on all the servers. If this continues much of the wonderful remote lands will be pockmarked with the signs that Rifts have been there as plainly seen by the destroyed forests, mounds and pits on/in the ground, roads and highways disrupted and the peculiar rift spawn things. Even more concerning is that at times these Rifts have been spawned within managed forests created, cared for and planted by other players.

Possibly a sort of solution to this randomness of destruction would be to at least limit these Rifts to a number of fixed location per server in more out of the way areas that are not being created and looked after by other anonymous Foresters of Wurm. In this way the bulk of the landscapes will be preserved in either their natural state or planted forested areas. Also, then those who enjoy improving the Wurm landscapes will avoid these areas and then not be in fear that areas that they do tend to might be at some point be randomly destroyed.

I find that one of the great draws of the game are the beautiful lands of Wurm and the forests that continually will regenerate themselves, with a little additional care from concerned players. I would urge you to give this some consideration in isolating these destructive Rift spawns as I have mentioned. There is much beauty to be found within our fair lands but unfortunately Rifts make no distinction, appreciation or concern for their esthetic value. For this we must rely on those who program them; thus, to you I point this out in this brief yet heartfelt manner.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 1