Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Slow change of focus

Hello Everyone!

As many of you already know, Wurm is now mainly being maintained and developed by a group of volunteers from the player base headed by our Product Manager Budda, most of which are under contract. My involvement and role in development is diminishing as I’ve been at it for 13 years now and I feel a bit of a drain.Hence, I am educating myself in new areas since WU brought in some breathing room for Wurm.

I will remain CEO and do administrative tasks and stay involved in discussing the direction of the game but this group of active contracted players will henceforth be the ones taking strategic and day-to-day decisions much based on your input. This feels like a the natural way of developing the game and will be good for the longevity of Wurm and its continuous progress.

I want to expand my knowledge and work on non Wurm projects for a change and I think the dev team has proven a lot and matured quickly since this spring when it was formed. Wurm is doing well financially and will be around for years to come.

In case you are an able coder interested in becoming a volunteer and help improve the game and possibly do some bounty coding, don’t hesitate to contact Budda.

Long Live Wurm!

Rolf

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this