Sign in to follow this  
KyleBooze

L Staircase

A curved staircase in a simple L shape would be a nicer way to have a staircase "turn" on a corner rather than using spiral staircases or an extra floor.

this staircase would be called a stairs with landing, would need 2 types, left and right and hug the sides ;)

the spiral is nice, but when stacked make you too dizzy going up

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

+1, I prefer this to the spiral although it doesn't stack.  A half turn variant in addition to the two quarter turn variants wiuld be nice too.

• Like 1

+1

and can we get railings while we're at it?  It's crazy stupid that we don't have offset doors or railings to match stairs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaffer said:

+1, I prefer this to the spiral although it doesn't stack.  A half turn variant in addition to the two quarter turn variants wiuld be nice too.

what do you mean it don't stack?

18 hours ago, Gaffer said:

L / J Staircases? SURE  +1

It sucks putting a door in front of my spiral stairs......

Still need railings or walls/doors that are offset on the left/right side so they join all existing offset stairs correctly.

If more stair types are created, we need wall and fence types to complement them.

• Like 1

Stairs are a great feature, but because stair designs are missing railing options and some styles do not match doors, the feature is largely unfinished.

I hope when the cooking addition comes out, it is a finished feature.

Edited by JakeRivers

What i'd love to see is the ability to create stairs outside, so we could create buildings like this:

Rosheim_maison_romane.jpg

Edited by Budzilla403
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Budzilla403 said:

What i'd love to see is the ability to create stairs outside, so we could create buildings like this:

Spoiler

Rosheim_maison_romane.jpg

What is stopping you now? you can add a bridge next-to/around your house to get to higher floors with your cart/wagon/ship-transporter.. not completely sure... but can't you add more tiles to your house and add stairs 'outside' since they'll be within the building's size?(unless you're limited by skill or I'm missing something*)

Honestly, I've never tried. I've just never seen something similar so I didn't think it was possible.

Afaik though that wouldn't work as the building would be considered "unfinished" without walls around the staircase.