so what is going on so long.... for many months its just like this:

1zl8ymh.jpg

what is with all words about remake ?   

who give up on that?

Darkness for many months?

Edited by Cista
  • Like 1

My nearest starter town on Xanadu.

I suppose it is cause it is so far from the coast that it gets so little love?

And yet there are good roads at least to N, NW and NE.

It never was more than a plot of land really.

It sure could use some attention!

Are there any deeds near it that would be interested in coming up with a plan?

Slickshot and some other guy(s) from Indy signed up for this, but after other members quit wurming if i'm not making up anything, Slickshot disappeared, and his Caravel is still parked near Damine's Port.

12 hours ago, zigozag said:

Slickshot and some other guy(s) from Indy signed up for this, but after other members quit wurming if i'm not making up anything, Slickshot disappeared, and his Caravel is still parked near Damine's Port.

Usually how it goes, especially in social games. One person leaves (for any reason) and it causes a chain reaction as people miss their friends and don't want to play anymore either.

When xanadu opened up I spawned here with an alt and headed to the west coast to claim our spot we still have today.

Linton doesn't need to be a suped up village, if it happens it happens, but I like it desolate, non populated look :)

I live there. Nobody that has permission to pick stuff up even cleans up the mess on the deed itself and we can't pick up things to clean up the mess ourselves. Should rename it Diligafville.

Aha, Slickshot, I had noticed his absence in forums actually.

I guess there is a topic then?

We heard that Faeran and Griphyth were going to be making Linton look good :)

But we know they are both super busy right now in real life.

Valiance and Kaylie.

Well, it's not only the starting "village" - or rather the lack of any village - that makes Linton bad but plopping down a starting spawn into the middle of a steppe is probably not the best idea to provide an enjoyable experience to starting characters.

CA: "Cut down a tree to get some wood"

Starting player: "Wurm has trees? Where? Here are no trees." :)

Trees can be easy planted and they spreed super fast...   its not about deed size.... 41x41  is just there is nothing now... gms even ready all materials for it.  That is waste of gm time

Trees don't spread to steppe just grass from what I've seen. I have some trees planted but it will be weeks before I get enough sprouts to replace what I planted after fails and such, and I didn't plant them to grow sprouts, I planted them for wood. In time I will plant more trees near Linton on areas already grass but it will take months for me to catch up with what gets cut down. Besides the area is mostly steppe and the hunter players would give birth to a cow and go after the players that planted trees on the steppe tiles if done in large way. I don't want to tangle with them. Not worth the hassle.

Linton just need GMs or someone with permissions to clean up area a little when they have time. I've tried to pick things up and deed won't let me.

Edited by dirtnapper
  • Like 1

If someone wanted to revitalize the area and clean it up, I would volunteer to help out with that.  I don't really know what make a good starter town so I don't want to say "Hey, I will clean it up if given permissions" but am willing to help out anyone who has a plan.  

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to revive it to clear up some info on what happened to Linton.  I created a design for Linton.  I was given the go-ahead to rebuild it.  I arrived at Linton ready to go to work.  A friendly duo contacted me hoping they could rebuild it instead, as it would be a fun project for them (Factional Fight).  I checked with the mods to see if that was okay and they said yes.  I passed the project onto the duo, and left Linton to head back to Inde.  I haven't seen Linton in a long time, but I hear someone is rebuilding it these days.

Anyhow, I hope that clears up any confusion.  I've had a few people accuse me of starting the project and abandoning it, but that's far from the truth.  I merely handed it over at the very beginning to another group who really seemed eager to do it.  If anyone has current screenshots of Linton I'd love to see the progress made on it!

• Like 1

Bum deal, Slick.

I would enjoy working on a starter deed, as it would positively affect new playera arriving and seeing crews working, or just some development.

Think of a steppe... oasis? Of sorts...

Maybe a Mongol horde encampment, instead.

Tents and small structures with thatch roofing and pallisade walls.

Nothing too... high tech, if that is the right word.

Alternatively, a small fort with stone walls and a tree farm for newbies, enchanted trees can seed new ones, right? I have two or three love pathers and could quickly get a source going for lumber in the area.

Edited by Makarus
my thoughts these days are usually on new player experience improvements. whatever helps that work out.

I've been to Linton about a week ago and it looked pretty amazing already back then (while yet being unfinished).

I might be going there in a couple of days again and will post some pictures then.

A very appropriate status for a "starter deed", is it not?

Reminds me of a song:

*Wake Up (Wake Up)*
Wake Up
Get Up
Get Up
(Get Up)
Get out of bed.
*Stop wasting time*

Oh! Nap time. Laters.....

=Ayes=

On 25/09/2016 at 10:05 PM, Wulfrock said:

We heard that Faeran and Griphyth were going to be making Linton look good

I thought it looked good the last time i passed, few months ago, but it was probably only quarter done at that time.

It is now looking great, and the chess board is a nice touch.

i passed through Linton without knowing   I passed anything.. but hear it is getting better now.. it was like passing through sooke here in BC if anybody has been here there.. heheh...