Sign in to follow this  
Erlindur

Moored ships look unnatural.

Yes they do. Every time I see a moored boat, I feel there is something wrong with them. Well, I finally managed to figure out what it is. All moored ships have full sails. It is unnatural. Just look at any marina picture. We need moored ships with nicely furled sails and a nice routine that displays the normal ship when it is not moored and its nice and furly version when it is.

Not something critical but I think it would look nice. It would be nice if something like that find its way to the low priority to-do list.

• Like 2

Ability to furl/unfurl sails was mentioned in some development plans post a while back, so hopefully it's still on the table.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Ability to furl/unfurl sails was mentioned in some development plans post a while back, so hopefully it's still on the table.

This is nice. I did search the forum before posting but I didn't find anything. Well, wrong keywords probably.

PS. On second thought, there is no reason to make the routine, client side. Simply register the moored ship as furled the moment it moors, on the server side and ask the client to display the cog_furled instead of the cog_normal model. It's only five new models.

3 hours ago, Erlindur said:

This is nice. I did search the forum before posting but I didn't find anything. Well, wrong keywords probably.

PS. On second thought, there is no reason to make the routine, client side. Simply register the moored ship as furled the moment it moors, on the server side and ask the client to display the cog_furled instead of the cog_normal model. It's only five new models.

I believe the previous suggestions have centred around the ability to furl whilst sailing so it's easier to move at slow speeds when it's blowing a gale - for parking purposes mostly.

• Like 1