Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

[Fixed] Repairing Boats

I know there was some features on the test server which never made it to live, one being archery to damage ships. From what I understand the idea was scraped, but part of the coding for this idea was forgotten about and left in place to make it to live. Specifically you can no longer repair ships while sailing them. 

[10:01:33] You cannot repair the boat while it is being commanded.

Some folks like to imp things as they travel around, you should be able to work on your ship as well, could this piece of code be looked into and possibly removed if it was just an oversight?

• Like 4

While we are mentioning it, a long long time ago it was made so you could craft in the boat as a passenger, it should also be fixed so you can eat/drink without having to spam the eat/drink options due to being too far.

I was going to post something similar to Jake, but figured id just throw this in with his post.

Edited by MAADposter
  • Like 3

Problem comes with periodical checks? of the position of the boat/players.. it's odd why it keeps the old position for the food/water or items that you're working with; works fine when you work on something in inventory as PASSENGER, commanders can't do anything while pressing A or D keys:rolleyes::lol:(stamina loss is nuts../same for carts/wagons/going uphill while riding..)

Same thing for repairing/imping the boat itself, used to start the action.. and stop after few seconds as the boat have moved too far:wacko:

Shouldn't this be in suggestions as it all works fine while the boat's not moving and actual problem is that none is fully working when boats are moving.

Seems like a bug to me to have half a feature, not a suggestion

• Like 1

I ran into a problem imping a Cog. You cannot imp it from the first passenger seat. You can't reach. You can imp it from the commander seat until you damage it. You can no longer repair a ship while you are the commander. You have to disembark and fix it while swimming. I wasn't sailing but ran into the same thing JakeRivers did.

EDIT: This isn't the case with rowing boats and sailing boats it seems. You can reach the ship from the front of the ship. I have not tried a knarr yet. After the cog, I just put it into the ship carrier and imped it there.

Edited by Audrel

I'll add this as an issue until we get dev clarification as to if it's a bug or incomplete code.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Audrel said:

I ran into a problem imping a Cog. You cannot imp it from the first passenger seat. You can't reach. You can imp it from the commander seat until you damage it. You can no longer repair a ship while you are the commander. You have to disembark and fix it while swimming. I wasn't sailing but ran into the same thing JakeRivers did.

EDIT: This isn't the case with rowing boats and sailing boats it seems. You can reach the ship from the front of the ship. I have not tried a knarr yet. After the cog, I just put it into the ship carrier and imped it there.

Well passenger positions due to the small box of the commander position on bigger boats is what prevents some passengers from accessing cargo hold items, as well as making it a pain in the butt for embarking if you are not not close enough to the commander position of the boat. Makes it miserable if you take friends on a trip and they can not access simple things like the water barrel, tackle box of fishing lines, etc. without jumping out of the boat and swimming around.