Sign in to follow this  
Mickket

Old Player Looking to Return

I am looking to return to Wurm Online. I purchased Wurm Unlimited a while back but it doesn't quite feel like WO. I find it to lack the official settings of WO, default timers, and community. I was primarily a solo player on Golden Valley years ago. That was a time when local was booming with players. (Though local was completely barren as I walked around on Independence today which was a bit disconcerting) I had that same mind set when I came over to Independence, wanting to play primarily solo. However, I feel like WO, overall, is better enjoyed when working with or helping other people. This is what led to my previous leave of WO. I spent days sailing around looking for an area to build to only find myself burnt out after building my house and terraforming the area.

After watching several WO/WU videos (Shoutout to FactionalFight for perhaps getting me back into WO) I saw that being part of town and being part of a group allowed for far more and bigger projects but with less work having multiple players. This is obviously the way to play WO for most since you have far less work on your shoulders than you would if you were doing all of it solo.

I returned to WO in 2013 for a short time before quitting again for my personal life caused me to have little to no time for WO shortly after. Now its 2016 and I'm finding that I once again have the time to play WO.

All this being said, I'm currently looking for a fairly active town to be a part of. I like to terraform and mine the most. I enjoy a bit of carpentry, farming, and forestry. My in-game name is Micket.

• Like 1

Welcome back, hope you can find somewhere.

There are a lot more servers now than when you last played (at least pre-2013 anyway), so the playerbase is much more spread out.

There are still places and deeds with bustling local chats though...just need to find them.