Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Remove Redundant Epic Code

I wanted to make a generalised thread about Epic idiosyncrasies.

There are a bunch of limitations on Epic that seem rather redundant and should be easy enough to change if agreed to, just small QoL things:

Being able to imp dragon armour with regular hide (dragon hide is no longer finite)

Prayer resets from sermons (Platinum inspired me to take the suggestion further to add all the quirks)

Channeling skill gain from Vessel (does it really matter if you can get some skill from a gem when there are veggies)

Legendary titles (not generic 'Epic secondclasscitizen')

Drake/Scale dropping on dc/log out with enemy in local

I feel like I'm missing some so lemme know and I can add. (I left stam out intentionally)

• Like 10

If those get introduced epic might as well merge with Chaos cos it would be basically the same, its not as though epic has anything unique anymore anyway or that very many play it.

• Like 1

To be fair those aren't the only unique things about epic and they aren't even things to pick one cluster over the other for. Changing them wont suddenly make me go "oh hey I'm gonna go play on Chaos now" they're just minor code differences for no rhyme or reason.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Channeling skill gain from Vessel (does it really matter if you can get some skill from a gem when there are veggies)

Does that mean that you do not gain channeling skill from vesseling? that's stupid. Everything on epic is meant to get you combat ready in a few weeks but priests still need months to be sufficient enough.. wogic

5 minutes ago, hoof2000 said:

Does that mean that you do not gain channeling skill from vesseling?

Correct, there is no skill gain from casting Vessel on Epic

18 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

If those get introduced epic might as well merge with Chaos cos it would be basically the same, its not as though epic has anything unique anymore anyway or that very many play it.

Good idea, to keep Epic unique sorcery and missions should be removed from Chaos.  I'd say remove playergods but I'd mean that for everywhere

Outside of that I don't see how better quality of gameplay (mostly the priest stuff) takes away anything "unique", and imping drake/scale with leather won't mean there is a surplus like on freedom cluster because our drops are still horrible

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Worksock said:

i'm cool with all of them except for the hide one

###### drake/scale

this.

With that change dragon armour would become common over time similar to chaos.

It's already becoming common over time from respawning dragons, like I said it's not finite anymore and more colours and types have even been added. Needing the hide to imp is completely redundant

what you have to remember is that dragons and hatchling's drop like 1/4 of what they do on freedom so it wont be so common. A Unique kill on freedom/chaos will give you 1-1/2 scale set and 1 drake set where on epic you will get maybe 1 or 2 pieces depending on which piece of the armor you make. 

I am aware of the drops and I probably have more drake than anyone on epic and don't even use it nor need to imp any, the restriction was placed when there was 16 dragons on the entire cluster and that was going to be all there ever was. There is now a constant supply of dragons and imping with leather isn't going to make a huge difference except quality of life, why nerf people's strength in the name of lol new players and then give them a glove they can't imp.

• Like 1

Wasn't referring to you Sme more to zeke and worksock who fear with this change Epic will be like freedom.

42 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

I am aware of the drops and I probably have more drake than anyone on epic

Questionable but sure.

Seems like reasonable requests - I've supported the titles one before, no idea why that's in place, but I guess it was a placeholder for different epic titles that never got implemented.  Either way, QoL improvements are good.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

Seems like reasonable requests - I've supported the titles one before, no idea why that's in place, but I guess it was a placeholder for different epic titles that never got implemented.  Either way, QoL improvements are good.

I thought it was there so Epic players wouldn't get to 100 before Freedomers, and find out what the 100 titles are first. Almost as if it was for stopping spoilers. Really quite silly in my eyes.

Huge +1

• Like 1

Meh imho such a merger wouldn't work well regardless of how the differences in skillgain are resolved. Sure formulas can be derived for calculating the equivalent skillgain, so even merging chars into each other is feasible. Not to mention the easy route of creating whole new characters. Onetime spendable skillpoints. Plenty of possible implementations.

However, the main issue personally that is a roadblock is the playerbases from each rejected the other cluster's playstyle years ago. What makes matters any different now?

Is all that work even going to be economically viable in exchange for a few players?

Not to mention there's little to no guarantee of the work generating new accounts.

EDIT: Far as the OP goes... personally the comment about dragon materials being in supply undercuts the suggestion :huh:

Edited by Klaa

3 minutes ago, Cornchips said:

useless klaa comments but +1

Personally this is more of a useless comment; though, I'm obviously biased.

Not to mention terribly ambiguous. Referring to the merger response comment or the critique on the OP's presentation?

I personally don't understand why the clusters can't both excist and have shared skills... except while on epic a curve is applied.

In the past it was bla bla bla fresh start bla bla... Now when epic has been out X years it's basicly chaos skillwise.

Valrei buffs, meditation paths, items, titles, religion, etc can be keept on each separate cluster.

Due to the curve on epic it allows newer people to easier get into the game and try ###### out and if they feel like they wanna go 100% carebear on freedom and chill out then they can just go there without any progression loss.

Same goes for freedomers wanting to try out epic.

The clusters would have their own individual "flare" so to speak with separate gameplay aspects, yet joined togheter.

There wouldn't be any "aww i can't go there and try out [Gameplay] becouse my account only got skills on cluster X".

They would just go if they feel like it, thus maximizing fun.

13 minutes ago, Lundu said:

Body stam gains?

I truly dont understand why the sources of body stam on epic is so few... makes no sense.

• Like 6