Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 13/SEPT/16

You still have the ability to wall people in but the difference is you cannot also use it as an exploit anymore. If you truly want to wall someone in you can you wall them completely in and not just in a way that gets them bugged and stuck so it favors you when they come out. 

3 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

You still have the ability to wall people in but the difference is you cannot also use it as an exploit anymore. If you truly want to wall someone in you can you wall them completely in and not just in a way that gets them bugged and stuck so it favors you when they come out. 

You wall them in completely how?

You wall in all 4 corners of the mine, they bash it from inside the mine, you wall in a 3x3 around the mine, they walk out and bash it.

So yeah sure, you can wall them in, for about 30 seconds.

They only got bugged previously if they stood in the corner of the cave entrance and tried to bug out of a walled in mine.

Edited by MAADposter

How does anyone who supports pvp want to wall someone in?  How will you fight?

4 minutes ago, Ramaj said:

How does anyone who supports pvp want to wall someone in?  How will you fight?

Let me know how the defenders take any risk in that situation?

They don't, if you die you are either bugged or can't see your health bar. Played this game about 10 years now, died once within 10 tiles of a gatehouse because i DCed, have never came close otherwise because you can't come close. I'll get the next time this happens recorded for you so you can see the "big risk" people are taking when they are .5 meters from a minedoor moving at 8km/h back into it.

Attackers take all the risk, with heal being nerfed now, they take even more risk as they have no safety net at all.

Edited by MAADposter

7 minutes ago, MAADposter said:

You wall them in completely how?

You wall in all 4 corners of the mine, they bash it from inside the mine, you wall in a 3x3 around the mine, they walk out and bash it.

So yeah sure, you can wall them in, for about 30 seconds.

They only got bugged previously if they stood in the corner of the cave entrance and tried to bug out of a walled in mine.

Do you want the ability to wall someone inside or do you want an exploited flawed mechanic? How about you make up your mind if you actually want pvp or if you want to wall someone in so you can destroy the deed without being bothered or if you just want the exploit ability and the flaw that gets a player stuck or pushes them out with no ability to get back in. 

If you want to wall someone in you still can but you also wall yourself out which is how if you built a wall IRL that's exactly how it would work.

I think with the pvp changes the defenders would be more inclined to go further than 1 tile since lack of fear of getting stunned lock or just crawling. But better question I think is how do you fight if you are walled in. Maybe some short of timer or decay rate so it's not indefinite you are walled in. 

Just now, MaurizioAM said:

Do you want the ability to wall someone inside or do you want an exploited flawed mechanic? How about you make up your mind if you actually want pvp or if you want to wall someone in so you can destroy the deed without being bothered or if you just want the exploit ability and the flaw that gets a player stuck or pushes them out with no ability to get back in. 

If you want to wall someone in you still can but you also wall yourself out which is how if you built a wall IRL that's exactly how it would work.

I just want a fight that isn't at a gatehouse, nobody on chaos is competent enough to provide this. Fighting in a longhouse is the closest thing that comes to an open field fight, and no, you can't wall someone in as they aren't really prevented from doing anything in that situation. The only thing you're walling yourself out of is just a tile you can walk on and a region where enemies take no risk.

It's called wall them in so the attackers have a chance to make tactics of their own. When we did it last, we planned to get into their mine through a mine of our own (which worked). That way the attackers can get pvp by keeping the defenders in one spot. Right now as a defender you can bash out in like a minute due to the bash bonus and numbers. Should be much harder to escape but not impossible. That way both sides have some form of counterplay to the opposite side.

If Ebonaura actually went out to do PvP they would know that you have many reason to use a wall in front of a mine outside of just keeping the defenders back. My only gripe with bashing from inside the mine is they can do it from complete safety while the defenders are sitting on an enemy deed. At least require the enemy to bash the door from the inside before they can bash the wall.

Just a discussion Rasu you can calm down. Of course everyone knows the tactics of walling in. I just think it should not be permanent.

• Like 1

I agree gate hopping sucks but lets not forget defending isn't supposed to be high risk when you're already at the deed. Defenders are supposed to have the advantage of security (gate hops), no matter how boring it is. The only time defenders should be at risk is if they commit to an over extended aggressive push against the attackers, and that's when *they* choose to leave the safety of their gate hops.

Could probably create some abilities to give attackers some chase potential. Such as a spell that allows you to charge through 1-2 house doors if there's an enemy that's been in combat in the past 10-15 seconds within 2-3 tiles and doesn't shut for ~60 seconds. (can tweak it as much as you want, add in restrictions so it can't be cast by 10 people to chase all over the deed or affect the same deed within a 60 second period). Game lacks utility pvp spells, lolyey frantic charge.

43 minutes ago, bloodmaster said:

It's called wall them in so the attackers have a chance to make tactics of their own. When we did it last, we planned to get into their mine through a mine of our own (which worked). That way the attackers can get pvp by keeping the defenders in one spot. Right now as a defender you can bash out in like a minute due to the bash bonus and numbers. Should be much harder to escape but not impossible. That way both sides have some form of counterplay to the opposite side.

And nothing is stopping you from walling in the enemies and blocking yourself out.. You can then do all the tactical planning all you want. The big difference is as the attacker you will have to put more thought behind blocking someone in and it will take more then just 1 wall placed on a mine entrance.

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Being walled into a mine without the ability to bash your way out is not intended play, this issue has been used by both sides in the past and has now been addressed.

It won't be possible to block defenders in a mine indefinitely, and we have a fix for those occasions where one gets stuck inside a wall on the border.

Ok but you need to apply this only to completed walls, because incomplete walls is just a 30 second bash no matter how much is added and poof it's gone if you don't add the shards within 30 seconds and we cannot do anything to stop them from bashing, we had a bit of a Wall War at a recent mine hop fight - if they were able to bash the incompleted wall from inside then it would NEVER be completed...Think about it.

They also just throw down a incomplete curb themselves and gate hops those that try to destroy...You're giving a defender the META once again.

It should only apply to completed walls, with bash bonus this will still go down fast. You could task people to keep it repaired/task defenders to bash - this is fair.

Watch the unfinished curbs pop up twice - the incompleted wall would be destroyed from inside now without us being able to do anything, atleast tho, as it was being built we could 'defend' it from the basher. Like they could with us against their curb.

If there is a mine door on, thats your protection, you can put doors on walls and jump out the dirt wall if you want to escape, it's their deed design.

I agree that having COMPLETE walls bashed from inside a mine is kinda fair for both sides.

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Worksock said:

Could the bonus bash damage from deeds be looked at then when there are walls surrounding a minedoor? There's little point walling in a mine on a deed with the current way it works since defenders can poof if easily within 30-60 sec

It would still allow defenders to bash out but it won't be instant like it is now

thx

Rather then just give me's (if you know what I mean by that statement) how about implementing objectives for an attacker that can lead to walls taken more dmg while catapulting for a duration of time.. With this objective make it in a way that promotes PVP. An objective for attackers that benefits attackers and promote defenders to stop the objective from being completed... Nothing game breaking but enough for both sides to risk a few deaths over.

It may be hard to find the perfect non game breaking objective but its worth speculation. How about we actually try to promote reasons for pvp.

The issue isn't that the attackers want to wall the defenders into a mine... if anything they want them to come more than 2 tiles away from the mine HOP if they are going to fight otherwise theres near no chance of anyone except an attacker dieing, so walling the hoppers in is better than dealing with people at a HOP...

People seem to be slaming anyone who doesn't like this as not promoting PvP...  an easy alternative would be if enermies are in local and you leave a HOP to have a 15+ sec timer before you can enter it again. (never going to happen i know...)   15secs is more than enough time to have some fun and catch somone and it does far more to "promote PvP" than having defenders poke at the attackers and run away a second later.

Edited by Riddic

Simple:   This is a game of numbers.   22 versus 6 the six have to fight from hop.  they have no other choice .  everyone knows this.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Riddic said:

Yes but don't then claim that HOPS promote pvp...

And you cannot claim walling them in promotes PVP either. Truth is you have a better chance a defender over extends with not walling them in.

And again, you can still wall your enemies in, just the correct way which is not taking advantage of an exploited flaw. 

You want to promote the server to fill up with players, well then you have to give weak players a chance to survive. If an attacker wants to destroy someone truly they can... Look at how many successful victories MR had because they were determined with all these broken game mechanics many of you claim... EI catapulting, teleporting (although it definitely needed the change it went through) mine hops, ECT.

Overall hops create more pvp then walling someone in. All walling someone in does is allow the attacker to take advantage since defenders can't even attempt to walk outside their mine because they will be stuck in a wall and dead with no ability to do anything about it. 

If you want more pvp think of more things to do that devs can implement because raiding deeds (destroying the only deed kingdoms have left (BL) does not promote pvp it does quite the opposite) so look first at what you really want and don't deny the truth if its only to push people off the server. 

I can think of many ways to help promote pvp a little starting with a non static HOTA. And with the addition of the latest pvp changes once people get the feel of it if the stuns are not out of control there will be a lot more back and forth fighting using tactics vs stun locking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Postinglels said:

Ofcourse none of this would even be an argument if people used deed designs that were based around more than 4 exits. Kek.

VV had 4 exits

Nice video mcd, but if you wanted pvp why did you wall in the mine?

Can't pvp when trapped in a walled in mine. (and you certainly can't expect someone to stand on the wrong side of a incompleted wall when there is 20 some enemy in local)

Edited by JakeRivers

Don't know how this will help many freedomer's though, as they usually don't travel around with a large maul should they become trapped in a walled in mine, but at least they have the option now.

34 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

VV had 4 exits

Tfw 4 is more than 4...

Plus as I said before, if you can wall someone in for some time, you can plan to get in and have the advantage where the defenders usually do. If the pvp ban hadn't come in for you to get out, there would have been some form of pvp by either a rescue team or you having to log in.

Edited by bloodmaster
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this