Sign in to follow this  
TheTrampekShow

Inventions? Time flies by.

Lately i got pretty fascinated over the backstory and thought to myself: "Wonder when will the next big thing happen"

I mean, as time flies by, we should be making inventions (i am from the future Wurm, it is year 1800 and we have steam engines!) and HUGE things like the fire of Library of Sorrow should be happening. 

I volunteer to make the first invention! :D

I'm not saying that those humongous events should occur like every month, no, no! I mean they should occur!

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Going to say that as far as advancing in technologies  it will not go beyond 11th and 12th century. So whatever existed then we might see it here.

The problem with ideas like this is the balancing things like this is very hard for the game. Especially when it comes to the PVP side of the game. I'd be cool with things like this if the truly forked the game and left it only to the PVE side of the game.

On 9/11/2016 at 9:11 PM, Talohan said:

Going to say that as far as advancing in technologies  it will not go beyond 11th and 12th century. So whatever existed then we might see it here.

We've got full suits of plate armor, which weren't really seen until possibly the 15th century.

On 9/12/2016 at 3:11 AM, Talohan said:

the Caravel is pretty much late 15th century, the spyglass was invented early 17th century.

Technology is weird in Wurm. We have studded leather armor, which never existed outside fantasy novels and games. We have chain armor and plate on the battlefield, which is like having flintlock muskets and M16s on the same battle field. Then we throw in magic for good measure.

• Like 1

Evolution does not really work in a MMO, new inventions obsoletes other things. Like gun power makes armor obsolete. A fantasy world does not have to follow the order of evolution of the western world. Many things said to be invented by western culture was discovered thousand of year previously by other cultures.

I'm not talking about gunpowder. Just some well, events. Deep undergroud under one of the Epic islands lays some unknown material, that following a minor earthquake explodes, floods the middle of the island with lava and causes Chaos (haha get it?) 

Well, maybe not - but you get the idea. Something epic could happen. Or maybe just a new breed of chicken mutates after two chickens reproduce while being casted with Wind of Ages by some bored priest.

• Like 1