Sign in to follow this  
Neville

New Study Busts the Myth That Knights Couldn't Move Well in Armor

Hasn't this been known for decades? I remember demonstrations where people in full historic plate would do handstands and cartwheels.

As I recall, the myth started with withered 70+ year old museum curators struggling with <2 kilo swords and everyone thinking they were actually heavy. 

That might be a fact.

But for Wurm, did they even try to produce anything close to reality when making this game?

1 minute ago, kekstier said:

That might be a fact.

But for Wurm, did they even try to produce anything close to reality when making this game?

You weren't issued a pet dragon when you reached adulthood? Was it just me?

• Like 2

The stuff tends to be little over 40kgs, which is well within the range of weights a modern US soldier's gear can possess.

The weight of armor skyrocketed when primitive firearms in Europe started showing up. Eventually steel armor, especially full body, just became too heavy, cumbersome, and expensive (which it already was to begin with). At some periods a crane was required to help get a knight on his horse.

Still even 40kgs of weight does have an impact, regardless of how well its distributed across the body, especially in heavily physical and psychological situations... life and death struggles would be applicable. Hence training and having the free time to afford doing it.