Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 08/SEP/16 Combat Updates

You should give the exact %s on the DR reduction

We talking +/-5%?

10?

15?

Budda... Please dont repeat the past with "mystery" updates. just put the numbers out there.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 5

What does DR mean? Could we get an official word on this.

I've always used plate for PvE because in my experience it is the best

but... now that this exists:

"Equipping armour during combat will now come with a short timer of a few seconds. After two minutes of being out of combat the equipping will be instant again."

I can't equip my armor during the first second of combat. I'm not interested in arguing whether its a good change.

I'm now trying to figure out what armor I should wear because frankly plate is too slow to wear all the time.

Try taming HH in plate or drake now, lol better hope you succeed.  Stupid design decisions just put the final nail in this games coffin, thank you devs for making the decision to close this chapter of my gaming life so brutally easy.  I unfortunately just bought more time ingame so I suppose will maintain a token presence but your game is no longer worth my dollar.

13 minutes ago, joedobo said:

What does DR mean? Could we get an official word on this.

Damage Reduction

@ Dalvin and other frankly...

Go to WU and look for mods that disable WO nerfing BS. For the most part this why I don't complain as much anymore.  I don't like the majority of what they do but I also know I can just remove it in WU.

• Like 1

True enough, bottom line is I FOUND the game to fill a niche I have never been able get anywhere else, the past few weeks have proven the devs think its dev vs. player and you know what, they can explain to Rolf why they won their battle.. Good Game Devs, you beat the players, you happy now?

I think I have also reached that point now, very unsure how much I will play WO,

and just really regret I payed for a total of 16 months prem on this months salary and a Gold at least twice this summer.

Actually the total cost of my deeds is prolly a Gold per month, and well I'm not here to be a merchant so I get my cash from the shop.

I'll let the past weeks changes sink in first and then see how much I will sell off and if I will keep anything at all.

Not even gonna yell, as this all in todays update affects me personally, I find it way easier to yell when I feel new players get harmed. :(

• Like 1

• To counter bypassing requiring the raw material, improvable items that can be placed in a bulk bin will no longer randomize the next action needed upon taking out. They will now require the raw material.

Who actually wanted this? 

FML

Edited by Firecat
  • Like 5

Unfortunately this harms everyone, as I said test trying to tame even a REGULAR horse now on a new toon, MASSIVE increase in damage even in drake or plate.  Stupid decisions were made and Retrograde and Buddha?sp have failed in their responsibilities and have actually made posts in recent days that amount to attacks against the players for being dissatisfied with their decisions.  I have recently paid a years prem on 2 toons and bought 100s all on the games shop because I wanted to support the games development.  That all ends today.

1 minute ago, Dalvin said:

Unfortunately this harms everyone, as I said test trying to tame even a REGULAR horse now on a new toon, MASSIVE increase in damage even in drake or plate.  Stupid decisions were made and Retrograde and Buddha?sp have failed in their responsibilities and have actually made posts in recent days that amount to attacks against the players for being dissatisfied with their decisions.  I have recently paid a years prem on 2 toons and bought 100s all on the games shop because I wanted to support the games development.  That all ends today.

8+ years of playing WO and being involved with WO's forums has taught me:

1. devs (ironically it seems it's usualy the volunteer ones who have acquired significant power) do attack players or at least post aggressively towards.

2. Just give it up on any attempt to try and convince a dev that a bad choice was made, they won't listen. The only way things will change is enough players complain that Rolf has to step in to protect his business income. "enough players" or lots of players means many different players posting, not a few posting over and over.

Ah the strange silence in forums atm is significant.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the sleep bonus change.

Without a cooldown, aren't I very heavily incentivized to use a keybind to toggle sleep bonus on near the end of every action, and then off immediately afterward? By doing this, I could essentially get several times the amount of sleep bonus I actually have, and wouldn't even be that inconvenient with some good timing and a convenient keybind.

EDIT: Whoops, I see this has been discussed already. I would still revert that change, or at least change the cooldown to 1 minute, since with no cooldown at all it changes optimal play to consist of rapidly switching it on and off for pretty much every action you do, and that's both irritating and a little abusive.

Edited by Ostentatio

• Added a curve modifier to damage reduction gained from Body Strength in PvP combat.

can we get some numbers or specifics?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

... I would still revert that change, or at least change the cooldown to 1 minute, since with no cooldown at all it changes optimal play to consist of rapidly switching it on and off for pretty much every action you do, and that's both irritating and a little abusive.

I agree - and I'm sure some people with fancy keyboards will "abuse" that feature by now.

3 minutes ago, Eobersig said:

and I'm sure some people with fancy keyboards will "abuse" that feature by now.

You dont need a fancy keyboard, just a keybind to say fsleep 

maybe if it was thought about before being added it would not be an issue hmm?

• Like 1

Yep, you could just bind something like 'f' to /say fsleep, then tap that twice at the ends of actions. Slightly annoying since it requires more hands-on an approach than just queuing stuff up, but pretty easy.

The question is, is "abusing" sleep bonus even an issue?  Given the floods of sleep powder and how cheap they are, it only makes sleep bonus less pay to win honestly

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Budda said:

HH speed hasn't been changed at all.

Kinda wish it wased? I think if thats the current speed it should stay like that! It was one of the requested things too :]

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

The question is, is "abusing" sleep bonus even an issue?  Given the floods of sleep powder and how cheap they are, it only makes sleep bonus less pay to win honestly

If sleep bonus is so cheap as to essentially be free, then that sounds like another problem entirely. However, I don't think it is. After all, how can sleep bonus be "pay to win" via powders, yet sleep powder of inconsequential value?

13 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

Kinda wish it wased? I think if thats the current speed it should stay like that! It was one of the requested things too :]

Ah, I see. It is closer to the 1% bitching I see, but not the 1% bitching about the change. The overwhelming minority bitching for it because one kingdom has the foresight to harness this power and the others had to cry about being left behind for not doing it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anothernoob said:

Now that the characteristic nerf is out, do you have any ideas to prevent PvP from meaning Priest vs Priest in the near future?

Removing the nerf changes nothing about priest restrictions, there is a big difference between what is not permitted to do as a priest and what skill gains are nerfed despite being permitted. A Vynora priest getting the same strength and stamina from woodcutting as a non priest is not going to suddenly make everyone want to be a priest when they still can not do everything they were already prevented from doing, removing the skill nerf removed zero preist restrictions.

• Like 11

Thanks for the No Falling Damage bug.

I hope this was intended.

Edited by Kswords

23 hours ago, Czar said:

5 minute cooldown for turning it on, none for turning it off is a decent compromise, will prevent the kind of abuse I envision.

And 24 hours later, this is now in game. :D The system works! 

@SmeJack

You misunderstood my point so let me explain.

I think that priests in PVP were supposed to have support roles and I think that such used to be the plan for wurm. I personally don't want to see the opposite happening but I'm afraid that there is actually such a trend.

Why is this trend already a thing? Because for the last 2+ years all the changes* related to priests have been actually buffing their PvP related capabilities despite the fact that they were already just as good as they needed to be to fill a support role. The main fighters tend to convert  themselves to priests and as a result we ended up needing ridiculously long resistances(there were too many fireworks in the battlefield), and we even reached a point at which some folks complained that the outcome of a battle could be predicted by the number of area-healers available to each side(which in turn brought the need for healing resistance). Yeah, they still can't imp or do he job of a combat/siege/fortress engineer but these 2 limitations didn't prevent the number of pvp priests to swell to the point that the devs had to intervene to rebalance things. Why would anyone believe that the removal of the characteristic nerf (something that tended to make long term priesthood come at the cost of the character's DR and physical damage output) is not going to push the priest/follower ratio further up? We all like fireworks (=casting spells), have attacks that don't miss and not having to rely on others to heal even the worst infected wound but isn't it going to be ridiculous if priesting becomes the new meta?

* enabling archery,lockpicking locate and no locate for all priests, bringing in the broken spell lists of player gods and let a healer have good attack spells etc.

TL;DR version: Priests were already fine. If they were not there wouldn't be that many pvp priests out there. If there were not too many pvp priests already there wouldn't be a need for such crazy-long spell resistances. Removing the nerf can only raise the already high priest/follower ratio on PvP servers as it will make long-term priesthood having no effect on the progress of the character's DR and damage output.

Sign in to follow this