Sign in to follow this  
Edzwarr

Useful Spirit Templar's

One thing I always thought should happen, and it would be a win for Rolf and a win for players is... 

Have the Spirit Templar's actually be useful, everyone has complained about on deed decay forever, have it so the Templar is like your deed butler it repairs all items on deed or having it keeps things from decaying. Also have a setting for that it would tend farm fields, which could be turned off and on in settings, so if your unable to play for a couple days fields could be tended.

This would make everyone want a spirit Templar which in turn would be more money for Rolf monthly and no decay for us. 

Just implementing things so this game is more appealing to new people and so it's not Chores Online would go along way.

I know even if having one just took take of on deed decay, I'd have one on every deed I own that would be 4 more silver a month for Rolf and one less Chore I would have to do :)

• Like 2

I've already asked that spirit Templars be given skills to repair objects, and that they wander around and repair objects, stopping only to defend the deed.  So, 1 object repair every 60 seconds + travel time?  Thus deeds never suffer decay, unless there aren't enough guards to fix everything.

So larger more complicated deeds would need more guards to keep them up, however it's up to the player.

Edited by Tallios

A similar post was made by me, not long ago, it's currently de-listing on page 2. (see below)
Many more suggestions before mine have also been made concerning the templar.

You're right, templars have never been doing what they should be doing, i hope a developer gives them some proper attention one day.
although 1s per month is enough, there's no reason to charge more.  they're over paid already.
+1

Edited by Steveleeb
spelling

Edzwarr, I find your suggestion here to be a dangerous one in that you are basically endorsing a mechanic where players would have to pay an additional 1 silver per month fee if they want to avoid decay of certain objects on their deeds. Yea, great for game income to set this up as a Spirit Templar perk but bad for players to need to pay for it.

I suppose it would be all fine and dandy for those who normally hire Spirit Templars, yet for those who don't I would just be a way for Devs to avoid giving them this non-decay option. Maybe you've been missing those posts from others who desire no decay on all deeds as a standard feature, not paid extra for as you suggest here.

=Ayes=

3 hours ago, Ayes said:

Edzwarr, I find your suggestion here to be a dangerous one in that you are basically endorsing a mechanic where players would have to pay an additional 1 silver per month fee if they want to avoid decay of certain objects on their deeds. Yea, great for game income to set this up as a Spirit Templar perk but bad for players to need to pay for it.

I suppose it would be all fine and dandy for those who normally hire Spirit Templars, yet for those who don't I would just be a way for Devs to avoid giving them this non-decay option. Maybe you've been missing those posts from others who desire no decay on all deeds as a standard feature, not paid extra for as you suggest here.

=Ayes=

I personally suggest this from a point where spirit guards would repair EVERYTHING on a deed, not just a few protected items.  I don't find anything particularly dangerous.

That would mean constant ql reducing. Or would they have 100 (maybe even over nine thousand) repairing? Nah, bad idea because of what Ayes mentioned. Considering tending fields... NO. If you don't have time to tend, don't. Unlike repairing and reimping, this isn't necessary and looks like P2W.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 1

Perhaps something more desirable for the game makers, would be to have multiple types of spirits to hire. Templars would remain guards only. And for those who wanted you could also hire a spirit farmer or a spirit maintainer. This would create new revenue for the game makers without altering the existing Templar.

I personally think having more NPCS running around the deed would make Wurm feel less empty for a lot of players who quit for that reason.

And it's the kind of thing people would be willing to spend an extra silver on. Esp not having to repair building walls and such. 

Perhaps the spirits could only repair walls and buildings and not items.

However it would be a dangerous precedent to have farms autotend.

7 hours ago, Treadwell said:

.....would be to have multiple types of spirits to hire....

I have recommended this, as far as NPC's that can be hired.  However they would have to have major limitations if their talents went beyond guarding and repairing.  Additionally they should require some sort of upkeep other than coin.  Some logistical limitation, such as candles at a shrine to keep the spirit summoned.

I have and will continue to push for quality of life improvements with NPC's in the suggestion forums.

HOWEVER, before we add any new functions to these NPC's the ones we have must be improved.

Suggestions are as follows.

Traders:

• Asset tracking, some level of tracking that allows the trader to comment as to what they want to sell them or buy them.
  • Conversation.  Comments to allude to what the trader is short of and would like to buy.

Merchants:

• Buy and Sell items for set prices, inventory limit is 40 for purchasing
  • Ability to sell out of a BSB or FSB that is in a designated store.
  • Ability to sell items inside the store such as furniture items.

Spirit Templar:

• Must actually travel to object to be repaired, and then perform repair action. (recommend 70% repair skill)
  • Can repair all objects on a deed.
  • Use resources out of a repair shed to repair objects that require bricks, planks, etc for repairs.

Tower Guard:

• Deed defense, if a tower is on a deed or in it's perimeter it should defend that area and limit it's patrols to that area alone.
  • Owner/Mayor Management of tower operations. Including Armor, Weapons, Food, etc of tower.
  • Consumption of food, medical supplies, use of weapons and armor.  To improve combat effectiveness.
  • AI pathing & scheduling of time, to patrol, relax, train, etc.
  • Skill improvements for training and combat experience.
  • Self Preservation

Now I'm not saying every one of these items will make it into the game world.  But you can be certain if all of these ideas were implemented on some level it would radically improve both PvE & PvP sides of Wurm Gaming.

Edited by Tallios
added Trader

From guardians to handyman...

one-hell-of-a-butler-sebastian-michaelis

EDIT: Aye, Id pay for that Templar upgrade.

Edited by Klaa