Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

WSA: Hitched Aggressive Creature update

This is for only hell horses.  Bears will unhitch when they go untame.  Never seen a troll pull a cart.  Damn I missed something that should have been cool as all get out.

• Like 1

If you're going through with this change, could a docile trait be added that lets us hitch hell horses of all ages or something, please?

• Like 11

Withdrawing my negative comment. Whilst the unhitching at later ages is inconvenient, being able to hitch them at mature and aged is a good compromise. 

Edited by LordLouis
Looking on the positive side
  • Like 7

good job CC.... please tell me what kind of stuff you are smoking at the office cause I would love to get some of it ;)  

• Like 4

been nice to see a fix in for say when you get dismounted due to riding your horse too fast into a wall in a mine, which you will have to relog to get your mount back if you had forgot to keep it on the target bar at the start

how about fixing the lag too, that is much more urgent to see a fix for

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

it can often lead to frustration and confusion about hitching aggressive creatures, as well as errors regarding speed calculations on the server side.

What was confusing about hitching hell horses was why you could hitch them when young, but couldn't when they aged.  So, if you want to make the game less confusing, fix that.  Make it so you can hitch them at any age.

What you are doing is adding frustration.  So, I could be out running around on the map and suddenly my horse(s) unhitch because it's passed some time (which I can't even properly monitor) leaving me with 1 or less horse attached.  This is the very definition of confusing and frustrating. 

And how does the age of the helly do anything for "errors regarding speed calculations server side"?  So you are unhitching them at Old and Venerable to fix this? 

Terrible explanation is terrible. 

• Like 11

RIP hellcarts.

They were kind of ridiculous though, considering it required zero skill to use them for that purpose... which is a bit silly considering how much better than normal horses they are. I've used hellcarts before, and really don't mind this change.

That said: Can we get some kind of way to use hostile animals on carts, even if it takes significant effort? The limit of one tamed animal at a time causes a bit of a problem there. I definitely agree that being able to breed and hitch hell horses with no skill, and leave them hitched forever, was a bit weird, but it would be nice if there were some way to do it.

• Like 1

I completely agree with this post.  It was always known to be a glitch and people who are unhappy that the "free ride is now over"  suck it up.

Now with this in mind, and in fairness to players of all caliber, we need an animal overhaul.

Traits for animals other than horses (OMG!)  Traits specific to animal types.  

A domestication rating, which is used to determine when an animal no longer obey's its owner, not just an age category.  Also perhaps a definition, is a hell horse really a horse or an infernal beast? (magic collar, anyone?)

I started this with a basic concept.

Edited by Tallios
  • Like 1

I can understand making the game less "confusing" but adding in more "frustration" does not seem like the correct path to take.

There are already tons of things we have to keep track of and you want to add another or remove a viable option for travel speed increase. If they are too fast, tone the speed down.

If this was a known bug, why wait all this time to address it when nearly the entire player base uses it in one form or another.

If you want to fix this issue without driving everyone crazy. Raise the max speed on horses and remove hell horse and other hitched animal options and be done with it.

Why allow aggressive animals to be hitched at all? As far as I know none of the other animals can be hitched unless tamed in some form. If you are going half-way with hell horses go the WHOLE way and remove them completely unless tamed.

Has anyone done any statistics on how the "bug" fixes that cause a negative response affects membership and CC-AB's bottom line? It might be time.

• Like 4

What we really need is a reason to use any animal other than horses.

We can ride several non-horse animals, but aside from hell horses in some situations, there's never really a point, because you can't equip any of them with equipment. Even bison on wagons are probably not that useful compared to just using horses and putting some mediocre shoes on them.

Just now, Ostentatio said:

What we really need is a reason to use any animal other than horses.

We can ride several non-horse animals, but aside from hell horses in some situations, there's never really a point, because you can't equip any of them with equipment. Even bison on wagons are probably not that useful compared to just using horses and putting some mediocre shoes on them.

Bison are great for use if you don't want all the equipment.

So instead of fixing bugs that allowed them to attack being invulnerable and attack through cave ceilings, you decide to nerf something again, kill hellhorse-breeding and make investments already made into hellcarts worth nothing? Good job, guys, good job.

• Like 6

My fps drops from 60 to 5-10 when there are 25 people in local. Lets nerf HH carts 2k16.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, zigozag said:

So instead of fixing bugs that allowed them to attack being invulnerable and attack through cave ceilings, you decide to nerf something again, kill hellhorse-breeding and make investments already made into hellcarts worth nothing? Good job, guys, good job.

"oh noes, hellhorse breeding is dead cause now they only last like 3 months on a cart before u have to replace them instead of lasting FOREVER SINCE THEY NEVER DIE OF OLD AGE. How bad!

dont see too many problems with this, now at least theres a fixed window where u can hitch them, otherwise you kill them, seems easy enough to me.

tho i gotta agree to others that theres problems a lot more severe to be adressed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arium said:

"oh noes, hellhorse breeding is dead cause now they only last like 3 months on a cart before u have to replace them instead of lasting FOREVER SINCE THEY NEVER DIE OF OLD AGE. How bad!

dont see too many problems with this, now at least theres a fixed window where u can hitch them, otherwise you kill them, seems easy enough to me.

tho i gotta agree to others that theres problems a lot more severe to be adressed.

You mean like having 5s horses that are 2 RL years old still pulling a wagon?

Is 3 months a solid time frame? Mine seem to age faster but never actually tracked it. I would rather mine died then unhitch themselves. 

I have to say I laughed through the entire reading Shazaam.  It is exactly how things have been coming out of late.  It is to see what people actually like and actually use and then take those particular items away and call them a bug.  But yet we have no information on the game except what we figure out ourselves.  Other games tell us how something works so we know when it does something else we know it is a bug or not intended.  Here they let you get used to something then call it a bug or an exploit and snatch it away.

Can we please get a roll out of how everything is supposed to work so we can help you get rid of all of the bugs?

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Xalorum said:

I desperately need to know more about this.

Principles of Neckbeard Economics

Announce many new and upcoming features, then use one of the following three options to keep people guessing:

1. Bridge strategy- announce it and get everyone excited, and then take years to implement it
  2. Mine Housing Strategy- implement it, but in a broken state where mobs spawn inside your structure, making it unsafe/undesirable to use
  3. Ownership Papers Strategy- announce it and then just never release it or mention it again

Ignore Feedback: Read the player suggestions and requests regularly and use that to rank and prioritize development. The more requested a feature or bugfix is, the lower priority it should be. Announce changes randomly and without asking for any input from the customers in order to make as many people mad about it as possible. Giving almost no notice when making major changes to quality of life features is an ultimate goal.

Fix "bugs"- Any attempt to fix something that is not working correctly should be put off as long as possible. The more broken and unplayable the bug makes the game for the customer, the longer it should be left in place to make sure the customers are properly grateful when a minimal effort is made to fix it. Nerf as many things as possible, but also classify these as bugs so when people ask why bugs aren't being fixed there is something that has been done that can be passed off as a bugfix.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Pashka said:

Can we please get a roll out of how everything is supposed to work so we can help you get rid of all of the bugs?

Yeah,right,you so funny,keep dreaming =)

By wurms definition a BUG something that they decide one day that they don't like anymore..

I bet that  they have a barrel full of bits of paper that have written on things we the comunity like.. and each day they pull one out and decide to nerf it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

While there was discussion about simply allowing this to remain as is, it can often lead to frustration and confusion about hitching aggressive creatures

Sadly I have to say that the new method announced in this thread is by far more frustrating and confusing than the old one.

• Like 9

I personally don't use hell horses, but maybe allowing them to be hitched at any stage could be on the table instead?

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this