Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

[ABANDONED] Fishing Ignores Range mod, [SERVER MOD]

This is fishing related mod which will let you:

• Option to remove proximity requirements. This lets you target any tile (game doesn't let you target more then ~10 tiles away) , start fishing, and move anywhere you want all without the fish action not getting canceled.
  • Option to change it so fishing in caves is more productive. 
  • Option to remove the limitation that blocks you from fishing and swimming at the same time.
  • Option to add additional information to the initial fishing message about the fishing action. e.g.

"[21:31:48] You throw out the line and start fishing in the deep sea. It's at most -310 deep near here."

There are three types of water: pond, lake and deep sea. A pond is a very small body of water. Deep sea is many water tiles and a depth of at least -250. Lake is whatever doesn't fit into the other two. Each water type has restrictions on the type of fish you can catch. For the pond it's roach and perch. For lake it's roach, perch, trout, pike and catfish. Deep sea is everything.

Latest release tested on WU 1.1.2.3(b)

* Required: Ago's WurmServerModLauncher. https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases 
* Releases are here: https://github.com/Joedobo27/FishingIgnoresRange/releases/latest
* Install: Get one of the archive releases and unpack it into the mods folder. The folder path should look something like this: ~Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods 

Edited by joedobo
updated release
  • Like 3

I fixed the blocking error message problem. All I needed to do was change a type flag related to the action. I also added fish in caves, fish while swimming, and the additional info for the event message.

oops, answered above already

Edited by Batta

I got a tool now that might solve my old problem of bytecode breaking when WU updates. I hate updating lots of stuff. If it works I'll make this work again. But also want to wait until the new fishing thing is out. It might be okay, but generally I disagree with Tich's game design choices (she did the core of the fishing update) and want to change them so I'm guessing something will need to be changed with it.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 1