Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Meditation Change : 100% ticks

Nothing is more annoying than a day without a meditation tick, especially when those ticks are so small later on.  Sometimes you'll meditate 5 times in a row and get zilch, sometimes you'll do a 5 ticks in a row day; oddly enough the former seems to happen a lot more than the latter due to wurm's "RNG" (fueled on tears) weighting.

Remove the random chance, just give us the damn skill tick.  It'll make a lot of PoL people less antagonistic to the new changes; it'll make a lot of players happier about the world in general, and it'll make a lot less people (100% oddly enough) ragequit due to getting a nature tick for the 8th time in a row.

• Like 6

I gotta go with this one, meditation seems to be a pain in the ass all the way around regardless of path.

5 times a day 54 days u do the math.. that my longest run with not ticks.. could be easily fixed on fail give 25% normal tick

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, icbash said:

5 times a day 54 days u do the math.. that my longest run with not ticks.. could be easily fixed on fail give 25% normal tick

This is just stupid.  You should be able to do this like faith gains, at a minimum.

Generally speaking, I'd rather always get some skill tick instead of sometimes none and sometimes a lot.

• Like 1

gonna have to -1 this, rng is with every skill in wurm, and it should stay that way sorry.

I think the better system would be giving indication of the result, rather than simply giving 100% ticks

Tick size is also modified with meditation, you'd be seeing much much tinier ticks

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I think the better system would be giving indication of the result, rather than simply giving 100% ticks

Tick size is also modified with meditation, you'd be seeing much much tinier ticks

You are joking right? The ticks are very small already,

17 minutes ago, KillerSpike said:

You are joking right? The ticks are very small already,

Quite large compared to other skills of the same level.

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Quite large compared to other skills of the same level.

Not if you consider the amount meditation ticks we get.

In any other I can do something to get more/bigger skill ticks. eg. Lower the tools QL etc.

To grind faith I can attend a sermon to be able to pray more often.

Now with meditation it is a totally different story. You have a limit of 5 meditations per day.

You fail to get a tick more often than not. So the progression is VERY VERY slow as it is now.

Now you want to make it even slower by reducing the tick size?

It is pretty clear to me that who ever dream up these changes needs to sober up a bit before to get to work.

• Like 1

On epic once you pass 70 med you only get 0-2 ticks per day if meditating 8 times per day, because the curve puts your effective skill up in the 90s.  Any other skill you can grind for hours to continue getting ticks, but med you get a slap in the face and wasted 2 minutes the majority of the time you meditate. 

[12:03:12] Meditating increased by 0.0148 to 74.4429

0 to .03 skillgain per day.  Pretty awful compared to every other skill that you can continually get ticks in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I don't see why not honestly, its already this way with any other creation skill

Even tho Ive done my grind now id still say +1...   The gap between new and old players is large and this can help bridge that gap no sense making it so random.

• Like 1

The thing is, with other skills, you're not limited to 5 (or 12, if you're proper dedicated) ticks max per day.

I'm currently at 83.47 meditation, and my ticks (with a 1ql basic, high-coc rug) are about 0.023 (for a full tick).  I had a dig back through my logs to when my blacksmithing was around 83, and the ticks varied between 0.0015 and 0.0037, roughly - that depends on which tool, etc.  In a reasonable 2.5 hour session of an evening, I'd need about 0.115 BS gain to match 5 med ticks - assuming an average BS tick size of about 0.0026, that's roughly 45 ticks in 2.5 hours.  That seems pretty readily achievable.

The above example is pretty simplified and looks at one point only, but making meditation ticks 100% guaranteed without changing anything else doesn't seem like a massive change, at least in this spot.  Despite having already put a LOT of time into it, I'd love meditation to be easier to gain.

• Like 5

nope, -1,

skills are your friend .

meditation its like a friend with benefits.

it should stay that way.

On 9/2/2016 at 6:38 PM, Etherdrifter said:

Nothing is more annoying than a day without a meditation tick, especially when those ticks are so small later on.  Sometimes you'll meditate 5 times in a row and get zilch, sometimes you'll do a 5 ticks in a row day; oddly enough the former seems to happen a lot more than the latter due to wurm's "RNG" (fueled on tears) weighting.

Remove the random chance, just give us the damn skill tick.  It'll make a lot of PoL people less antagonistic to the new changes; it'll make a lot of players happier about the world in general, and it'll make a lot less people (100% oddly enough) ragequit due to getting a nature tick for the 8th time in a row.

I would even be ok with a higher success roll for the RNG. Any change to this would be better then now.

want 100% ticks go play wu where you can set your own meditation. 

The only compromise for meditation in my opinion is removing the cap on 5 meditates with 30 mins interval. Just make it so you can meditate how many times a day with 30 mins interval. None of that 3 hour or w.e crap after the 5th. Meditation is so easy on Freedom anyways.