Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Rare Steel Collection

tGRtPul.jpg

steel takes reduce damaged, enchants hold longer

30s or 30$ amazon giftcard for all 3

• Like 1

You sure that enchants hold longer on steel?
Caus' I didn't think they did.

1 minute ago, Soil said:

You sure that enchants hold longer on steel?
Caus' I didn't think they did.

My supreme steel pick seems to thinks so, I used it a lot also.

It's a relatively well-known fact actually, that enchants on rare / supreme / fantastic items last longer, this effect does stack with the damage reduction from steel, and can further add to this effect;

Enchant decay is based on both time spent doing actions and damage taken afaik. Rare items are both quicker to use, and take less damage when used. Steel reduces that damage even further. Both effects are hard-coded into the game. The side effect ends up being that enchants decay slower too.

Edited by whereami
  • Like 2

ofc rares make enchants wear out less, I just didn't think steel did. Always thought it was based on actions that have a timer above 5s and then the whole "get around enchant decay" method.
If "damage taken" is taken into account as you say it is, armor and weapons would take enchant decay, which they do not - because they do not involve actions with timers above 5 seconds.
E: take this as a free bump.

Edited by Soil

14 hours ago, Soil said:

ofc rares make enchants wear out less, I just didn't think steel did. Always thought it was based on actions that have a timer above 5s and then the whole "get around enchant decay" method.
If "damage taken" is taken into account as you say it is, armor and weapons would take enchant decay, which they do not - because they do not involve actions with timers above 5 seconds.
E: take this as a free bump.

Armor and weapons do not 'get used' as such, which is why their enchants don't take decay. They don't perform actions with the standard timer.

That is why horseshoes etc also don't decay their enchants, but rather just take damage.

yes steel has a bonus that lowers enchant / imbue decay not sure if it stacks with rare reduction or now, however the dmg reduction of steel does stack with dmg reduction of rarity