Sign in to follow this  
Wulfmaer

Rift - Reported 26th August (rift closed)

A new rift has been reported (26th August)

auction_timer_E1472357915.gif

This rift is just over the steep pass from last week's rift, in N 18.

mSwJHNJ.png

Access from the west is best via the route to last week's rift, the path over the pass starts just into the trees to the east of that rift area. From the east it is just off the path that leads to that pass - just follow the paths that start between the two small lakes.

For those building safe areas, please do this back from the rift edge - so the mobs have a chance to loose aggression and run back into the rift.

---

8OVd97U.png

Edited by Wulfmaer
  • Like 2

Almost done......

iwQsLaH.jpg

Edited by Gunnbjorn
  • Like 1

Just a reminder, healers can use gems and cloth squares to save lives ;)

I'll be there with my magic this time around!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Just a reminder, healers can use gems and cloth squares to save lives ;)

I'll be there with my magic this time around!

You were sorely missed last Rift, Ether! 

Don't get use to this but......... Daigu got ta digging and didn't stop.  Got a few extra spaces and a bit o wood.  Come claim a "Free Spot" and bring a gate lock  :P

VCbAoEn.jpg

• Like 1

This is the fourth rift that spawned close to where I live within range of the beam. I'm probably going to attend once again.

Observations from last rift:

- Body retrievals are not easy when people die where mobs like to stay put / hangout (dps loss)

- When people run to the healing area, mobs always follow them (people then start to fight outside the gates)

- Designate an area next to the healing area to keep spare horses for those who's mounts die in combat

- Need a bit more cotton in the chests than there was last time (almost ran out near the end)

2 hours ago, Neville said:

When people run to the healing area, mobs always follow them (people then start to fight outside the gates)

Hence the suggestion that build is done back from the edge. Make it far enough and the mobs will stop following and head back into the rift.

I'm afraid i'll have to skip this one. Looking at the map the travel time to get there will take me a few hours at least. Seeing as i live near O 9 i'd either have to sail all across Xanadu to get anywhere near there. 

Bummer... Really liked attending the last one. Hope you guys have fun over there and get some shmexy lewt! 

3 hours ago, Aeszhara said:

I'm afraid i'll have to skip this one. Looking at the map the travel time to get there will take me a few hours at least.

That's a shame - The ride from Vrock to Rome, on a 5sp horse with decent horseshoes and saddle (with woa), is close to an hour.

The healing area looks nice - Gunnbjorn has been busy.

Edited by Wulfmaer

Just a note for everyone:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay within the lavender area near the middle when healing.  It makes LoF casts a LOT easier.

Edit: And if a healer says they are healing at the gates do try to get their damn quickly since most spells have little notice due to AoEs throwing them off

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

Hence the suggestion that build is done back from the edge. Make it far enough and the mobs will stop following and head back into the rift.

Except if it's built too far back people end up fighting in non-Rift zone without realizing it.

Is the timer correct, btw? According to usual rift behavior (i.e. opens 48 hours after appearing) we should still have about 3 1/2 hours to rift start... timer says 1 and a half.

Edited by Araninke

I just checked the rift on my alt who's there now and got this message.

[20:13:34] You guess that this Rift will open in approximately 3 hours.

Ya the time is wrong on forum.  About 2 hours left.

[19:04:29] You guess that this Rift will open in approximately 2 hours.