Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

Give libila (and vyn) priest faith bonuses

Lib gets no priest faith bonuses like the other gods do.  The only potentially working priest faith bonus lib has is reduced stam loss on mycelium with 60faith 30favor, but every other god gets the same bonus on their respective tiles.  Besides that libila priests get nothing.  Not the bonus skillgain in fighting related skills people always thought.  Not the 25% damage that sindusk tries to claim.  Not the cr bonus that people have rumored about but exists nowhere in the code.  Nothing.  Libila deserves some priest faith bonuses like the other gods' priests get.  Reposting my explanation showing that none of our claimed bonuses apply below:

By the looks of it, the only bonus libila followers/priests get is the ability to break laws without their god caring, and the nutrition given by standing on mycelium.  Maybe the reduced stamina loss from walking on mycelium with 30 favor works, but this should be tested.  Absorbing mycelium for health is a hots benefit, you don't need to follow libila for it, so that doesn't count as a faith passive. 

What this means is libila has no real priest passive bonuses.  The ones people claim lib has actually belong to mag.  Maybe this is an error on the devs part, by forgetting to give libila deity.warrior=true, or checking warrior instead of hategod, but who knows.  We appear to have a lot of code artifacts that are no longer used, but no real bonuses like the other gods do. 

Libila's properties:

else if (deity.number == 4) {
            deity.killEnemy = true;
            deity.enemyBonus = 30.0f;
            deity.monsterBonus = 20.0f;
            deity.destroyWallBonus = 10.0f;
            deity.coinAffinity = true;
            deity.meatAffinity = true;
            deity.allowsButchering = true;
            deity.hateGod = true;
            deity.butcheringBonus = 0.3f;
            createLibilaConvertStrings(deity);
        }

killEnemy is for alignment loss killing players.

enemyBonus is never used anywhere

monsterBonus is never used anywhere

destroyWallBonus is never used anywhere

coinAffinity is never used anywhere

meatAffinity sets our saccable as corpses/alchemy items

allowsButchering sets butchering player corpses as a faithful action and burying as unfaithful

hateGod identifies libila as a blacklight god and is used for allowing things that normally would be disallowed by WL gods

butcheringBonus is never used anywhere

Claimed lib bonuses:

25% dmg boost (false)

Mag gets this bonus, not lib.  It checks the deity's warrior variable, which is true for mag and not for lib. 

else if (_creature.getDeity() != null && _creature.getDeity().warrior && _creature.getFaith() >= 40.0f && _creature.getFavor() >= 20.0f) {
            CombatHandler.damage *= 1.25;
            mildStack = true;
        }

bonus skillgain to fighting related skills (fighting and all its subskills, shields and all its subskills, the bow skills) (false)

Again this checks the deity's warrior variable, which is true for mag and not for lib. staminaMod looks to be just a poorly chosen variable name here because it's also what's modified by vynora's 10% skillgain boost and path of knowledge's level 11 25% skillgain boost passive.  This means mag gets 25% bonus skillgain to fighting related skills but not lib.

else if (player2.getDeity().warrior && player2.getFaith() > 20.0f && player2.getFavor() >= 20.0f && this.isFightingSkill()) {
                                staminaMod += 0.25f;
                            }

reduced stamina loss on mycelium (true?)

The modifier in this case is to weight, which it should be halving.  The modifier we are multiplying by is cast to an int (as long as my decompiler isn't wrong), which rounds it to 0, thus we are multiplying our weight by 0 in the stam cost for movement calculation.  I'm going to assume that maybe my decompiler got this cast wrong and that weight is being halved as intended, otherwise your weight is set to 0 during movement on your god's tile, which should be tested. 

else if (this.creature.getDeity().hateGod && this.creature.getFaith() >= 60.0f && this.creature.getFavor() > 30.0f) {
                        final byte type = Tiles.decodeType(tile);
                        final Tiles.Tile theTile2 = Tiles.getTile(type);
                        if (type == Tiles.Tile.TILE_MYCELIUM.id || theTile2.isMyceliumTree()) {
                            weight *= (int)0.5;
                        }
                    }

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 7

Sorry dude, but Maximusthegreat died to pain rain in a longhouse, so Libila isn't allowed to be good ever again

• Like 7

BL is a minority and Libila only being allowed on chaos or epic cluster, that shouldnt make the god any less important. We should get a fix o/ 

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 3

lib's always nerf'd every chance because no one plays lib. and when they die to lib, they complain hax or that they're OP. that's why everyone converted from lib to mag. haha. +1 though. lib deserves to be great again. they should elect donald trump to accomplish this. he would push for better deals on making lib great again, and force jk and mag to build a wall with their own money to protect the lib lands. ;)

• Like 1

+1... libila is only allowed on pvp servers, so it should be the strongest god! since its the hardest become and maintain neg alignment

• Like 1

Doesnt have to be the strongest, we are just asking for a functional priest bonus like the other gods have.

Edited by Nocturnes

Mag has 25% dmg bonus and a free res stone (Tosiek gets res stone I think, Nahjo gets res stone, and Nathan gets 25% dmg bonus)

Fo has passive mobs that aren't monsters (Nathan has this too)

Vyn has nothing I think?

So ignoring player gods because WL and BL can both be them, and seeing how strong Lib's spell list is compared to any one WL template god, what if they had Fo's passive animal bonus but including the monsters that Fo can't protect from?  Obviously not apply to things with kingdoms attached

Are you changing the title to add Vyn too for balance or is this just a buff lib thing? Lib and Vyn both have a follower bonus but no priest passives.

15 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Are you changing the title to add Vyn too for balance or is this just a buff lib thing? Lib and Vyn both have a follower bonus but no priest passives.

sure buff vyn too

8 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Mag has 25% dmg bonus and a free res stone (Tosiek gets res stone I think, Nahjo gets res stone, and Nathan gets 25% dmg bonus)

Fo has passive mobs that aren't monsters (Nathan has this too)

Vyn has nothing I think?

So ignoring player gods because WL and BL can both be them, and seeing how strong Lib's spell list is compared to any one WL template god, what if they had Fo's passive animal bonus but including the monsters that Fo can't protect from?  Obviously not apply to things with kingdoms attached

Mag gets:

• Lava immunity
  • 25% dmg bonus
  • free res stone
  • 25% skillgain boost to fighting related skills

Fo gets:

• 25% more food filled by eating
  • 25% passive stam regen boost
  • Friendly animals
  • Thorn immunity
  • Passive healing bonus

Vyn gets:

• 10% skillgain boost to all skills
  • bonus to improving (requires 80 faith and 40 favor, so i guess for champs)

Lib gets:

• Nutrition/food from mycelium

In the past archery and lockpicking were kind of lib passive benefits but those have since been made universal.

Edited by Alexgopen

14 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

Mag gets:

• Lava immunity
  • 25% dmg bonus
  • free res stone
  • 25% skillgain boost to fighting related skills

Fo gets:

• 25% more food filled by eating
  • 25% passive stam regen boost
  • Friendly animals
  • Thorn immunity
  • Passive healing bonus

Vyn gets:

• 10% skillgain boost to all skills
  • bonus to improving (requires 80 faith and 40 favor, so i guess for champs)

Lib gets:

• Nutrition/food from mycelium

In the past archery and lockpicking were kind of lib passive benefits but those have since been made universal.

the lib bonus isn't that great, cause anyone from any other kingdom can just meditate till they get a refresh tick and get max water/food. or sac a rare item for that.

• Like 1

Lets also not forget that Mag priests are still the only ones that are not restricted from catapulting, although I know that's not really a passive "buff".

Also, isn't the 10% skillgain for Vynora for followers as well?  Therefore I wouldn't consider that a priest buff.

Edited by Wargasm
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

lib gets healing from mycelium 2

No, HoTS gets that. You could be a player god priest and still get that as HoTS template.

Edited by bloodmaster
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, bloodmaster said:

No, HoTS gets that. You could be a player god priest and still get that as HoTS template.

Libila does get it. Even in a pmk.

4 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

Libila does get it. Even in a pmk.

Lib gets it because you need to be HoTS to be Lib. But what I am saying is, you don't need to be a Lib follower to heal from mycellium, you can be any other god.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bloodmaster said:

Lib gets it because you need to be HoTS to be Lib. But what I am saying is, you don't need to be a Lib follower to heal from mycellium, you can be any other god.

Yes, anyone can find that out by looking up hots on the wiki.

Also, libila gets less stamina drain on mycelium, at 60 faith, vege sacing, and 2 of the 3 basic collection skills (mining/woodcutting) when the white light gods only get 1.

11 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

Yes, anyone can find that out by looking up hots on the wiki.

and you can go read the wiki maintenance section and read my thread about how the wiki is wrong or ask ANYBODY from hots or a hots template pmk and simply ask them "Hey can you absorb without being a lib follower?" and they will tell you "Why yes, yes you can."

3 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

and you can go read the wiki maintenance section and read my thread about how the wiki is wrong or ask ANYBODY from hots or a hots template pmk and simply ask them "Hey can you absorb without being a lib follower?" and they will tell you "Why yes, yes you can."

No one is denying that other hots besides lib can. It even says in the wiki, that the bonus is for hots. lol but seeings how you can't be libila without being hots then the bonus is for libila as well.

Edited by TradingAlt

1 minute ago, TradingAlt said:

No one is denying that other hots besides lib can. It even says in the wiki, that the bonus is for hots. lol but seeings how you can't be libila without being hots then the bonus is for libila as well.

Not at all. It's a bonus for hots, not for libila.  Nobody becomes libila anymore because the playergods are much better options now.  The only reason one would go lib would be to go to homeservers without the "Nathan favors the Horde of the Summoned kingdoms" message. 

5 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

Not at all. It's a bonus for hots, not for libila.  Nobody becomes libila anymore because the playergods are much better options now.  The only reason one would go lib would be to go to homeservers without the "Nathan favors the Horde of the Summoned kingdoms" message. 

you cannot become libila without being hots.

5 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Also, isn't the 10% skillgain for Vynora for followers as well?  Therefore I wouldn't consider that a priest buff.

The list he gave has all follower and priest bonuses, The Vynora follower bonus requires 20 faith, The Libila follower bonus does not require 20 faith only to be Libila at all. So both Vynora and Libila still have no passive priest bonus (discounting the random champ bonus for Vyn because its pretty limited)

6 hours ago, 2016_Vincentruth said:

the lib bonus isn't that great, cause anyone from any other kingdom can just meditate till they get a refresh tick and get max water/food. or sac a rare item for that.

You say 'just meditate' but you ignore that refresh ticks don't increase you nutrition and the food/nut gained from mycelium needs no breaks in playing to stop and meditate a random amount of times you can just stay crafting on the myc tile for as long as you have water around, if you are working inside a mine then you can meditate or sacrifice rares just the same as anyone else if you are not wanting to take breaks mining and go back out to the myc tile. So really its very great lol Id take the benefits if they were offered for grass if HoTs don't want it.

• Like 1

Then yes, give Vyn priests some kind of use at raids other than chopping down a tree to provide the logs you need to finish the catapult you carried to the raid.

They can't mine, they can't catapult, they can't bash, they can't dig, they can't heal, they don't get a combat damage bonus.... they are USELESS.  And before people argue by saying "but you have an extra AoE", that doesn't compensate for all the abilities I just listed.

How about a damage reduction buff?  Even if it's only for the vyn priest himself.