On 8/19/2016 at 3:52 PM, Niki said:

Make the metals more common so we can craft it

It never even should have been as common as it is now. Same with drake, scale, rares, etc. The problem is that there is no system to get rid of these items once they are created, leading to accumulation over time, further leading to imbalance. Then, Freedom comes around and whines that they should have it too, then more gets added, further increasing the imbalance for PvP while also removing the differences that made some server other than a Freedom server unique and worth playing on. Rinse and repeat.

So no, do not make it more common so some people can craft it. People need to try to attain it for themselves or craft a well-thought-out argument for a balanced addition to the game (which might require some research into game balance and design). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zekezor said:

~_~

Yea lets introduce chainmail bikinis and stuff.... who needs these logicaly protective genderless armortypes... >_>

Id be fine with just a dress or something that goes OVER the armor :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aniceset said:

I could get behind gilded or painted armor. Some ornate bling for the battlefield.

Or fancy custom tabards!

Edited by Darmalus

9 hours ago, Aniceset said:

and the day after that patch you will see half the male characters running around in dresses.

• Like 4

On 8/22/2016 at 0:08 AM, Zekezor said:

and the day after that patch you will see half the male characters running around in dresses.

AND? 

I think tons of people would have a problem with that because they're way too uptight. I think any guy running around in an armor "dress" would sheerly be doing so to because they wanted to or to be silly. I say bring it! Either way we'll have happy people!

On 8/22/2016 at 1:08 AM, Zekezor said:

Give me a dress and some neon dye along with my bear mask and im starting to look like my UO character.

Just now, Manik said:

Give me a dress and some neon dye along with my bear mask and im starting to look like my UO character.

I rest my case.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2016 at 3:41 PM, MisterTeddy said:

It never even should have been as common as it is now. Same with drake, scale, rares, etc. The problem is that there is no system to get rid of these items once they are created, leading to accumulation over time, further leading to imbalance. Then, Freedom comes around and whines that they should have it too, then more gets added, further increasing the imbalance for PvP while also removing the differences that made some server other than a Freedom server unique and worth playing on. Rinse and repeat.

So no, do not make it more common so some people can craft it. People need to try to attain it for themselves or craft a well-thought-out argument for a balanced addition to the game (which might require some research into game balance and design). 

You know who your talking to right? I have literally to much moonmetal for my own good as a freedom player, as some of you PvPer would say. Nothing is stopping me from crafting it right now but it doesn't make sense that less than 1% of the players can craft it. The fact is, this is one of those updates that hardly anyone can play with. You can argue all you want about why moonmetal should stay on PvP; however it's literally the strongest material in the game for weapons/armor. Not all of the freedom players are going to stick with iron weapons. Not all of us are in the dark about the benefits of the metal. Make it more readily available for players.

• Like 1

Iron is brittle and steel is flexible, make iron plate ineffective against mauls 

4 hours ago, Toolhead said:

Iron is brittle and steel is flexible, make iron plate ineffective against mauls 

"lets give new players an armor that they can easier and cheaper get than steel! but lets make it useless against trolls, which are the only common pve enemy thats worth looking out for"

i kind of dont get the logic behind this?

i mean sure, it needs to be weaker, thats out of question. but making it weaker only against the actually dangerous enemies seems weird to me.

• Like 2

• Bugfix: Fix to cap affinities properly at 5.

Will this be a retroactive fix? or will it just punish new players who go to chaos or epic?

2 hours ago, Killroth said:
  • Bugfix: Fix to cap affinities properly at 5.

Will this be a retroactive fix? or will it just punish new players who go to chaos or epic?

It's a bug that theoretically allowed more than 5 affinities in one skill, not a total of five