Sign in to follow this  
Xyp

[Released] New Portals

To use these portals create a new item, choose between:
1. Steel Server Portal - (Steel Portal Model, the one with glowing ball inside)
2. Huge Server Portal - (Epic Portal Model, same as steel, without the glowing ball).
3. Server Portal - (The craftable small epic portal model).

4. Portal ring - (Just a generic ring, can fast create with #give 4016 set data just like a normal portal)

5. Rift Server Portal - (The mole hole with smoking crystals around it)

Set data1 to the value of the x position you want to transport to.
Set data 2 to the value of the y position you want to transport to.
Set AuxData to 1. (You must set AuxData to 1 or it will not work. I have done this to prepare for future different portal types).

Get it here: https://github.com/Dynarev/SameServerPortals/releases/latest

If you enjoy this mod consider buying me coffee http://paypal.me/mythmoor

While I know this can be done with the complicated mission ruler, this is much easier to set up.

Edited by Xyp
  • Like 9

Fixed an issue where Steel server portals did not have data1 and data2 to set. V1.1 gives them the data option.

• Like 1

Hello Xyp, it seems that the portals dont work now. I can set data1 and Data2 but i am always landing at the token from the town where the portals are builded,

add: i used the steel server portals, updated the mod with the portals made before updating. data1 and data2 fields are noe here. maybe i have to create new portals that it works?

update:

tested with all portals now. everywhere on the map if i build a portal and use it, i am always landing on the permanent gm deed (spawntown)

*just for your information*

solved

that was my mistake, i used teleport instead of port.

thanks again xype for this awesome mod ;)

and yea, also thank you for the fast update because the data problems :)

Nice mod, any way you can add the other portals?

Desolate (model.structure.portal.3.stone)

Flame (model.structure.portal.4.stone)

They are the 2 crystal ones, only difference in the 2 is texture, then this mod would cover every portal model in the game.

Edited by ausimus

19 hours ago, ausimus said:

Nice mod, any way you can add the other portals?

Desolate (model.structure.portal.3.stone)

Flame (model.structure.portal.4.stone)

They are the 2 crystal ones, only difference in the 2 is texture, then this mod would cover every portal model in the game.

Sure, I will do that for you on the next update. Thank you for the suggestion. As I am making this for my own use, sometimes I overlook these little things, but am happy to put it in for you. I mostly released this as to not be greedy with it, using mission ruler to make porting is way too difficult, this is a much easier system. I will add these for you on the next update, which I expect to release tonight or tomorrow. I am adding the ability to rename the portals, which was pointed out to me by Eject.

• Like 1

I had a few minutes to spare this afternoon so pushed the update. Portals can now be renamed, also you may now choose Dark Crystal Server Portal (Desolate) and Crystal Server Portal (Flame). Cheers!

• Like 3

thats odd, the normal portal the desolate and the black crystal looks like are they all the same portals at my server

On 8/19/2016 at 4:06 AM, Eject said:

thats odd, the normal portal the desolate and the black crystal looks like are they all the same portals at my server

One is just slightly darker than the other, hard to tell but there is a slight difference.

I installed this mod, maybe I'm doing something wrong...  I placed in the mods folder.  Logged in as admin, created a portal, right click to set data, set x,y coords, and set aux data to 1....  shows that the portal isn't working.  any advice or help would be appreciated

Edited by Miteegrimm

Will you be looking into making epic portals work? That would be great.

At the moment, I get the correct server up - and the correct spawn point on the server. But when pressing Ok, nothing happens.

Normal -> Epic, workes fine

Epic -> Normal, nope.

Edited by Jukken

So here's the newest.  I started with a clean install of server and mods before each of these attempts.

Created a portal and set x, y coords, then set auxdata to 1. Result port to edge of map and stuck in an infinite loop.

Created a portal and selected teleport coords. Result port close to spawn point and stuck in an infinite loop.

Created portal and selected teleport coords and then set data x, y coords and auxdata to 1.  (thought it might help doing both)  Result port to edge of map and stuck in infinite loop.

Will continue trying and will post my experience.

1 hour ago, Miteegrimm said:

So here's the newest.  I started with a clean install of server and mods before each of these attempts.

Created a portal and set x, y coords, then set auxdata to 1. Result port to edge of map and stuck in an infinite loop.

Created a portal and selected teleport coords. Result port close to spawn point and stuck in an infinite loop.

Created portal and selected teleport coords and then set data x, y coords and auxdata to 1.  (thought it might help doing both)  Result port to edge of map and stuck in infinite loop.

Will continue trying and will post my experience.

I can confirm that this mod works perfectly, check your coords, make sure you click port in the right click menu, not the Teleport option given when the ebony wand is activated when right clicking it.

Edited by ausimus

using an alt to test with, I'm still getting the "Using a portal The portal is shut, No matter what you try nothing happens" message.  besides deleting mods, is there a way to check if there is a conflict?  wondering if that may be the issue

thanks Ausimus for verifying, I thought maybe I done something

update: using Server Portal works the others give the portal message. also when porting at times I am stuck and have to use /stuck

so after some messing around, call it me being dumb...  if anyone is having the same problems...  here's the how to for people like me =D

set your portal down, then right click portal>Items>Set data  now there's the fields for your info...  data 1 is x, data 2 is y, change Auxdata to 1, damage and temperature both set to 0.  This is how I messed up, everything was right except the Temperature was default setting at 200, which caused you to port and get stuck.  Hope this helps. 

Edited by Miteegrimm

One of our players found a new and exciting way to teleport themselves to the 0,0 coordinates by using the action mod to make a keybind for "port".  When used on a normally functioning portal, it ports the user to 0,0.

I advised them to stop doing that if it hurts.

LOL stop doing that if it hurts. That is funny. I will look into seeing if I can fix that bug. I added it to my bug tracker but my priority on portals right now is trying to get a working epic portal. Thank you.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2017 at 10:00 PM, Miteegrimm said:

using an alt to test with, I'm still getting the "Using a portal The portal is shut, No matter what you try nothing happens" message.  besides deleting mods, is there a way to check if there is a conflict?  wondering if that may be the issue

thanks Ausimus for verifying, I thought maybe I done something

update: using Server Portal works the others give the portal message. also when porting at times I am stuck and have to use /stuck

so after some messing around, call it me being dumb...  if anyone is having the same problems...  here's the how to for people like me =D

set your portal down, then right click portal>Items>Set data  now there's the fields for your info...  data 1 is x, data 2 is y, change Auxdata to 1, damage and temperature both set to 0.  This is how I messed up, everything was right except the Temperature was default setting at 200, which caused you to port and get stuck.  Hope this helps. 

Interesting I have never once changed the temperature of any portal and all work fine. I will however play around with this and see if there is something I can do to make it not an issue if I can reproduce the bug. Thank you for the report!

Could you please make portals that cost money to use? would this be possible with the mission ruler? 

Edited by EarthsDefect

I LOVE this mod. It has made portal-making so much easier. I still use the mission ruler for other types of missions (such as having items or NPCs give gifts upon Examine), but for creating actual portals, this is so much simpler. Thank you for this mod.  :-)

16 hours ago, EarthsDefect said:

Could you please make portals that cost money to use? would this be possible with the mission ruler? 

On our server, we made the portals (free), but put a Stablemaster beside each one. It costs 20 copper to convert your horse to a token so that it will go with you through the portal. Then we set it up so that there is a bit of a walk between where you land at the destination from one portal, and the next portal.  To do a full circuit of the portals, a player would need to choose whether to convert the horse 5 times (1 silver total cost), or put up with the 10 or so tile crawl while carrying a heavy animal token. 

Edited by Batta

On 2/18/2017 at 1:07 PM, Batta said:

On our server, we made the portals (free), but put a Stablemaster beside each one. It costs 20 copper to convert your horse to a token so that it will go with you through the portal. Then we set it up so that there is a bit of a walk between where you land at the destination from one portal, and the next portal.  To do a full circuit of the portals, a player would need to choose whether to convert the horse 5 times (1 silver total cost), or put up with the 10 or so tile crawl while carrying a heavy animal token. 

This is not want I want to do, I want to charge people money to use a portal

I might look into it, I have several things on my wan't to do list for my server, there will not be any updates of any kind until 1.3 is out.