Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Name and Shame - Ruger

So, it came to my attention a while ago that a friend of mine, had a friend who bought the Rara account but did not change the information which was a foolish mistake had the account recovered by the individual who had sold it to him, that being Ruger.

Ruger used this account to get access to Metaldragon's items, and stole many scale and drake sets among other items (and likely if you purchased drake or scale, or well pretty much anything from him in the past ~3 months, youve purchased stolen goods.)

I wouldve posted this sooner, MD isn't the type of person to publicly complain about this and i had recently found out i had been lied to by the individual in question about this sutation for a while now. (You know, the good old I don't know what youre talking about, I don't have a computer, I haven't been logged into Wurm in months only to get logs from mutual friends from the individual in question on the account in question.)

I could go on a thirty minute rant about how annoyed I am about this, but i figure i'll keep it sweet, simple, and to the point. Ruger is a thief, plain and simple. Its quite sad the limits people will go to in order to get accounts that aren't theirs in order to get access to items that aren't theirs nor are in possession of the account they steal.

tl;dr - Ruger is a thief, Rara is stolen, the drake, scale, and items sold by this individual over the last few months are likely also stolen (This individual also owned the Charlatan account.). Also, i ###### hate thieves.

also, to those likely pondering why the GM's couldnt do much (through no fault of their own) is because the owner of the account in question is undergoing some stuff in RL and is not around and thus could not claim ownership.

Ruger's forum names:

Ruger

Tintin

Trenith

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 20

He also stole Vinius' only chance at being in love.  He's Mr aka take you drake scale and girl guy.

• Like 1

What? Innocent Ruger? The lad that stole countless items from numerous other players? The one that exploited certain deed permissions on Deliverance and went on to steal more? The innocent man that rigged unique slayings, stole valrei tomes and nicked unique corpses from public slaying?

That Ruger?

He's quite innocent I tell you!

• Like 6

I'll add more to the OP as things get remembered.

Edited by Propheteer

I can confirm that Tintin/Ruger doesn't hold up to his end of deals. I sold him a GV account a couple years back ( outside tutorial area ) that he never paid for, wasn't too bothered by it since it was only like 10-15s, but interesting to see no change here.

• Like 1

Yep, Booskii and I had a similar experience.

So about 2 years ago, back before WU and shortly after Xanadu came out, Booskii and I were buying a bunch of veggies and hiring a pan filler on behalf of an associate who wanted to pay for HFC (Soul Depth) for his enchanting skill. 

Ruger was quick to PM us, said he had a whole plantation growing veggies and had several friends that would sell veggies, but he asked for a "deposit" to get the ball rolling.  He was paid 1g, weeks went by, and the next thing I know I'm hearing from Booskii Ruger's sob story about how he crossed servers and his corbita's hold was empty when he reached Xanadu.

Swore to pay us back, saying it's on him and said it would take some time to get the money.  After months of pestering him, he finally made us one offer (which we refused) some fancy rare or supreme glimmer weapon with really good enchants.... which obviously a couple of Freedomers have no use for. 

I agree with Proph, I don't trust Ruger as far as I could throw him, and I would recommend against anyone doing business with him, either with silver, euros or even trading goods for him to wash his stolen items with.

Ruger has always been pretty shady, a thief and a bunch of other things. Having stole tons of valrei to boost his account to arch mage for example. 

He told me he never sold Ruger but lent it out to someone. That he didn't know who facedancer was (strange because I noticed a lot of his items on that deed planted by him)

He plays a lot of you guys for a fool 99% of the time, not sure why this game is so lenient on bad eggs.

My recent log awhile back 6/14/16

http://pastebin.com/SKpaYxDZ

Also charlatan got me removed from the forum board staff team which is another story.. I still think its a complete joke of a reason to kick someone, but in a nutshell I picked up some trellises on deli and charlatan was at facedancer's deed cutting trees at the time, he told me I was a thief because there was a bug back then that showed in local for some reason that you picked these up, I had dropped them and picked them up real fast for whatever reason. I told him something stupid and he used it against me.  I thought it was aetherwalker (forum) he denied that also in the log but I removed it because it was off topic.

Edited by Niki

Sucks to hear. Happened to me and many friends around me. 

Hope we it works out for MD through the GMs, though don't get your hopes up.

• Like 5

This was a few weeks ago, it was deemed legit since apparently my buddy hadn't changed either email address or password apparently (he swears he did) and Ruger claimed to the GM's he shared the account with my friend only (i'm sure the forum PM's would say otherwise). I understand the rules so whatever. Sucks as there was several golds worth of items (I think 3 scale sets and probably few drake sets and probably 5 sets worth of hide, and all my items) Fortunately, all items were gained through ingame means so no real world value lost on my behalf but essentially ruined any Wurm Online replay value once my year premium expires.

Some funny bits: the excuse he came back with was "he came back, found the deed inactive and took a few things so he could go and play elsewhere".

The moment he is questioned by a GM, he logs into his TinTin forum account which prior to this hadn't been logged into for 2 years, and was the forum account he used to sell the account (deleting PM's?) and hasn't logged in since.

Tintin changed his forum account name because his reputation was ruined for being called a thief by i think Rudie a few years ago.

I've since heard one of his accounts has been banned with a scale set on for macroing? I think it was the one mentioned: Charlatan.

As I knew my items were likely lost I was hoping maybe the account could be recovered as my buddy has a lot on his plate right now but has also in vain and doesn't really have the time to get in touch with a GM.

I actually thought this was all over since he got almost everything of mine, but I've since logged in today and he came back for the magic chest and fountain backpacks remaining (come on really?), he also invited his alt named 'Saggyballs' for cleanup, my own fault as I never had an account on the server to be able to amend the house permissions until today.

Key thing to take away here: Sell accounts and steal them back claiming you only shared access to it. The GM's will check and find it's true as your IP address is shown on the account, even if that person last logged in 2 years ago while playing here and there since.

Edited by MetalDragon
  • Like 3

I believe this ticket should and needs to be re-addressed.  Clearly a bunch of people have established negative history with this player.  One has included proof and one is a very highly reputable player within the community.  The ticket was originally taken as a player stealing from another player.  The GM Team needs to review it as a thief stealing from a player.  A person whom is a general slimeball that had an account banned for Macros recently.

Seriously character testimony is a heavy value on any court room case.  Why should it be any different here.  Anyone who had a negative experience with Ruger should post about it to help this guy out.  Don't let that guy who may or may not have robbed you once win again.  Please help out my friend, if you guys on Freedom or Chaos can.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Huntar said:

The lad that stole countless items from numerous other players? The one that exploited certain deed permissions on Deliverance and went on to steal more? The innocent man that rigged unique slayings, stole valrei tomes and nicked unique corpses from public slaying?

Dat

Don't forget his buddy in crime Aetherwalker (the original) with who he fooled Rosedragon, stripped the char from all assets and sold them (pulled the same thing on her original village on chaos as well iirc).

(ownership of those accounts tend to be shaddy as hell anyway.)

• Like 3

He showed what type of charachter he is back on Deli a few years ago.

Stole the corpse at a unique slaying and were toying with the 30+ people there if he should let go of it or not.

7 hours ago, Samusen said:

I believe this ticket should and needs to be re-addressed.  Clearly a bunch of people have established negative history with this player.  One has included proof and one is a very highly reputable player within the community.  The ticket was originally taken as a player stealing from another player.  The GM Team needs to review it as a thief stealing from a player.  A person whom is a general slimeball that had an account banned for Macros recently.

Seriously character testimony is a heavy value on any court room case.  Why should it be any different here.  Anyone who had a negative experience with Ruger should post about it to help this guy out.  Don't let that guy who may or may not have robbed you once win again.  Please help out my friend, if you guys on Freedom or Chaos can.

Tbh the Wurm team should take more intrest into their players. Wurm is losing players at an astonishing amount (1k in the last 3 months alone...).

I get that it's not the teams "fault" but obvious unintended thefts like this due to a lapse of judgment should be helped with. 

Customer care are shouldn't be a matter of "who's fault it is" but rather, if you can help or not.

Been saying this for the last year or two. Theft is theft, doesn't matter if Jimmy managed to somehow get your account details by some mistake you made, this behaviour shouldn't be endorsed in Wurm.

As it is currently, where's the risk of getting nice and close with people in Wurm only to jack all their stuff and be protected by the Wurm staff?

Edited by Redd
  • Like 9

Yeah I agree, jeez in Guildwars2, if your account gets hacked they reset it straight away without any hesitation.

Surely the team can do more to help out when this happens

Considering what he did in BL it's clear nothing has changed. Pretty sad how he's getting away with it again.

I don't see much difference between this and that guy who was banned last year for buying a character and breaking into the deed of which he was still a member.

A thorough GM investigation is required.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Odynn said:

Dat

Don't forget his buddy in crime Aetherwalker (the original) with who he fooled Rosedragon, stripped the char from all assets and sold them (pulled the same thing on her original village on chaos as well iirc).

(ownership of those accounts tend to be shaddy as hell anyway.)

He attempted to. We caught on quick and were able to kill him off before he ran off with items that were not sold with the account. He threatened to revoke the money he sent to her, BUT we made a deal with him to give him the items that WERE promised. Several of the ones he tried to take were mine.

But since it ended with a neutral resolution I do not hold any grudges for that act.

Edited by Nicrolis

1 hour ago, Redd said:

Tbh the Wurm team should take more intrest into their players. Wurm is losing players at an astonishing amount (1k in the last 3 months alone...).

I get that it's not the teams "fault" but obvious unintended thefts like this due to a lapse of judgment should be helped with. 

Customer care are shouldn't be a matter of "who's fault it is" but rather, if you can help or not.

Been saying this for the last year or two. Theft is theft, doesn't matter if Jimmy managed to somehow get your account details by some mistake you made, this behaviour shouldn't be endorsed in Wurm.

As it is currently, where's the risk of getting nice and close with people in Wurm only to jack all their stuff and be protected by the Wurm staff?

That is weakest thing about Wurm's customer support. When they get a case like this, the staff can go on and on about what you did wrong and what you should've done to have prevented it. But how to solve the actual case, that is completely ignored. I have even had conversation with highest level of GMs, where they compared themselves with insurance, when it is your fault, they aren't obliged to help. 

Ruger/Aetherwalker are like friends who work together to rip people off. 

Btw sucks getting robbed, maybe you folks should work on your account security. (maybe less account sharing, etc etc) :^)

guess you folks need to also work on who you trust having around, (I remember in a certain epic kingdom when a certian someone in this thread let a certain someone talked about in this thread macro thousands of  mortar for a certain capital)

Edited by TradingAlt

2 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

Btw sucks getting robbed, maybe you folks should work on your account security. (maybe less account sharing, etc etc) :^)

Updating hashes after a couple of years is also a good measure for people who DO share accounts. Restricting permissions is also a good thing, like restricting shared-accounts access to certain buildings that may or may not contain valuable gear such as rares, supremes, and perhaps even HOTA statues!

I don't get how you can ever get your items stolen in this game. If you're on freedom and it's so valuable you absolutely can't lose it, put that ###### on an alt only you have access to. If it's a pvp server then that's pretty much the game.

leaving several drake sets lying around is just asking for it to be stolen, especially after all of the permission issues in the past.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rixk said:

That is weakest thing about Wurm's customer support. When they get a case like this, the staff can go on and on about what you did wrong and what you should've done to have prevented it. But how to solve the actual case, that is completely ignored. I have even had conversation with highest level of GMs, where they compared themselves with insurance, when it is your fault, they aren't obliged to help. 

And I completely agree with them that it's not their issue. 

That at alone isn't good enough for me. If I were the head GM I would not allow or endorse theft such as this and many others to happen. 

Wurm has a thief emdemic and that's because the staff allow it to happen. It's so easy to gain someone's trust (or to try steal back accounts you've sold) to steal people's stuff and then walk off Scott free knowing full well the GMs will just let it happen.

What happened to the good thing to do with the GM staff?

1 hour ago, TradingAlt said:

guess you folks need to also work on who you trust having around, (I remember in a certain epic kingdom when a certian someone in this thread let a certain someone talked about in this thread macro thousands of  mortar for a certain capital)

The account in question was never shared, the guy who bought it (who had access to MD's things) did not change the information that came with the account. When Ruger reclaimed the account, the guy who bought it was having and still is having a rough time IRL and is not around and likely will not be around to claim ownership, so Ruger was able to claim the account unopposed. With Ruger now being in control of that account, he was able to steal the items.

51 minutes ago, Elktazahjr said:

I don't get how you can ever get your items stolen in this game. If you're on freedom and it's so valuable you absolutely can't lose it, put that ###### on an alt only you have access to. If it's a pvp server then that's pretty much the game.

leaving several drake sets lying around is just asking for it to be stolen, especially after all of the permission issues in the past.

It wasn't a PvP server, how it was stolen had nothing to do with how his permissions were set up, it had to do with an account of a friends that was stolen and that account had access to some things.

I don't imagine its really about the items or the account anymore, sure i'm sure the owner of the account would like to have it back if he came back to the game, and i'm sure MD would like his items back (Even though i know most of these were pawned off already, such as the scale he was seen selling in trade at half market price), at this point its just letting people know who is a thief.

Edited by Propheteer