Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Allow Village Mayors Option to Take Ownership of On Deed Buildings

very good thing to help all players in wurm an unowned building yes can cause major obstacles for players... I agree the mayor should have the option to correct a building that is no longer active say 2 months or something like that or set it to default to the mayor after a certain period of time. I believe yes this would make things more enjoyable...

+1, I hate the when people leave off to freedom and never come back that i can not do anything with their house, yes i can bash it, but it sucks to have to bash like half the houses on your deed because you were not the one who is the "owner" of the writs and do not have manage. IF you own the deed you should be about to manage the houses, and do what you need for them.

On 8/23/2016 at 1:50 PM, KillerSpike said:

Yes Please +1. if someone left the village or has not logged in for xx (90) days the mayor can take over ownership of all things on deed belonging to that citizen

Yes. This needs to be if the owner did not have settings proper.  If it is not set right, you cannot make any changes to the deed size I do not think. 

On 8/24/2016 at 9:12 PM, Alexgopen said:

"hey there bud come move into my deed! thats it move in all your belongings. nice house you build there, i hope it keeps your stuff safe. *kicks villager, claims ownership, KOS's villager*  thanks for the stuff"

This a PVP type of problem. Most people here invite people on their deeds that they trust and want those people ther not to steal from them.  If you live with people you think would steal from you I would move. 

53 minutes ago, Lolabelle said:

This a PVP type of problem. Most people here invite people on their deeds that they trust and want those people ther not to steal from them.  If you live with people you think would steal from you I would move. 

That can happen regardless if you boot the guy, no need to take the house even, bash a wall and steal all there stuff, nothing to do with PvP it is the current mechanic for freedom.

• Like 1

I like some of the ideas in this thread.  I've been thinking about a good way to incorporate both deed owners deed management and individual house owner securing their items. 

My suggestion:

- Deed owners can now claim ownership of any building of their deed.  It takes 2 weeks to a month for this action to complete.  The building owner would be alerted multiple times that their building is being claimed. 

- building permissions supersede deed permissions.  No one can bash or take items from the building, the deed owner must claim ownership instead.

- Unowned buildings already inside the deed should not block a deed from being resized.  

This would allow people to feel like their items are secure on someone else's deed.  Obviously you should never join a village of someone you don't trust, but owning your own house on deed would ensure that if something fishy did happen, you would have time to get your things and leave, even if kicked out of the village or whatever.  On the other hand, deed owners should be happy because they can give their villagers privacy and security over their own things, without worrying about issues should they leave the game or move on. 

Edit:. Some additional ideas

- if a deed owner should begin claiming ownership of a building then attempt to block the owner from getting their things from their building with a gate or such, gm support could help the player get their things (this would be against the rules and perhaps bannable)

- Add a permission to structures that allows a deed to expand over it.  (Default turned off)

Edited by Toma

+1 more power to deed owners.

You wanted it, so you put a deed on it!

Now you cant do, what you wanna do on it!

Oh, oh oh... oh oh.....

Edited by Amadee

On 12/8/2016 at 0:35 PM, JakeRivers said:

This is a important issue, fences and mine doors have this already, make it a thing for buildings too.

Fences and minedoors do not hoard other people's stuff.. it's not the same

There must be a better solution.. than claiming things on a whim.

It's enough that currently houses could be bashed, this idea only gets situation into deeper darker places..

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

Fences and minedoors do not hoard other people's stuff.. it's not the same

There must be a better solution.. than claiming things on a whim.

It's enough that currently houses could be bashed, this idea only gets situation into deeper darker places..

Nice troll fin, but this is about mayors having control of all buildings on deed.

Most deeds on freedom are set to non-democratic, the mayor holds all the cards.

Even in the case of a democracy there is still one person in complete control who could do whatever they wished without recourse.

1) Members/villagers of a deed do not have any security what soever of there possessions left on said deed. No matter how locked up and controlled a house they have is. At any time a house can be easily bashed into with 1 or 2 pokes from a battering ram.

2) At any time the villager can be expelled and set kos, banning them from accessing the same deed and what ever possessions they may have on the same deed.

If someone does not like these terms they really should look into getting there own deed.

So all arguments that people should have exclusive ownership of a building they are allowed to build on a deed they do not have ownership of is moot.

Buildings of old players sitting around my deed's in need of proper ownership.

Sure I can bash them away, but if the player returns he will be sad, as well I would rather keep some buildings simply because they look good.

Edited by JakeRivers

This is great for PvP.  Someone builds a house on PvP deed and leaves the game.  Never changed ownership so now can't resize deed and other issues.  When you plan a house a window should pop up a message saying (deed owner has full access to your house for management reasons).  They still can't unlock your stuff inside though like chests and what not.

Edited by nicedreams

The effort that goes into some buildings is exceptional, and a sad thing to waste. 

For some, small buildings are a monumental task and they can become quite proud of them. 

You cannot expand a deed, or deed over an existing building you do not own already. So nothing wrong with being able to take ownership of buildings ON deed. What is the difference between that and destroying it? The only real difference is the effort and time to destroy away the whole building, and the loss of precious accomplishments. In the past I’ve planned and helped build (or almost built entirely) buildings for citizens which I gave them the writs for after. 

Perhaps require the building owner to no longer be a citizen, or have been an inactive citizen for x amount of time before a mayor can assume ownership. 

Edited by Xor

I just want the option that I can take over the building at any time, or better yet default the mayor joint manage roles from the start.

I want my villagers to have the option to freely build, but it always comes down to a liability should they move on. A disaster in the making should your deed disband, it happens often enough people forget upkeep on occasion, there is no way to re-deed if you have a building in the middle without management.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

I just want the option that I can take over the building at any time, or better yet default the mayor joint manage roles from the start.

I want my villagers to have the option to freely build, but it always comes down to a liability should they move on. A disaster in the making should your deed disband, it happens often enough people forget upkeep on occasion, there is no way to re-deed if you have a building in the middle without management.

I agree with you. 

I like the security for a villager to be able to own their home and not have to have something go missing and then always wonder if the mayor swiped it in the back of their head (since the mayor would have access always in the case of shared management role). 

Whereas as in the suggestion I mentioned they would have to be kicked or inactive for an extended period of time for the mayor to have access so they wouldn’t have to even stress (if they were the absent minded or paranoid type lol). 

I had a deed I was entrusted with. I wanted to expand it, but could not because one wall of a building I did not own was on the deed / perimeter line. in order to expand it, I was going to have to cut the size of my deed in half, wait for the buildings to fall on their own & then expand my deed. Since I did not have ownership, I could bash all of the walls except the ones on the deed / perimeter line since they were considered to be in the perimeter & I could not do anything with them.

7 hours ago, zethreal said:

I had a deed I was entrusted with. I wanted to expand it, but could not because one wall of a building I did not own was on the deed / perimeter line. in order to expand it, I was going to have to cut the size of my deed in half, wait for the buildings to fall on their own & then expand my deed. Since I did not have ownership, I could bash all of the walls except the ones on the deed / perimeter line since they were considered to be in the perimeter & I could not do anything with them.

This is a perfect example of building ownership problems.

+1

A mayor is paying for the whole deed. He's paying upkeep for every single tile, every month, including the ones under buildings owned by players who no longer play.  Does he have to bash or wait years for them to return? It's a generosity tax.

+1 to the idea of an Eviction Notice.  This 'notice to quit the property' is more than generous, and transfer to the mayor could also be automatic if the player has not logged in for 3 months.

+1 to the idea of 'Salvage rights' on any boats, carts and wagons left abandoned on someone else's deed.  If the vehicle owner has not logged in for 3 months, ownership is automatically transferred to the mayor.  If it's left on one of their own or their alliance deeds, it's not activated. 

Edited by Muse