Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

How long in advance do you pay deed upkeep?

How long in advance do you pay deed upkeep?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. How long in advance do you pay deed upkeep?

• Month by month
    • Two to three months
    • More than three months but less than a year
    • A year or more
    • I live in someone else's settlement so just add coins when I can
    • I will never live on a deed!
    • It depends on how I feel about Wurm at the time I have to pay the upkeep, so changes

Do people pay for long periods or just month by month? 

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

i normaly pay by how inportant its deed,  so from half of year up to 2 years

• Like 1

Depends on how much it is per month.

I had a smallish deed before and I just threw a years upkeep on it.

Larger deed, I didn't feel like putting in so much upfront so only did 3 months.

I've seen deeds with multi-year upkeep in them, especially some smaller ones...they're probably still active :P

• Like 1

Depends on the deed but always 3-6 months unless it's one I really want to keep which stays 1 year or more.

• Like 1

I have a lot of deeds and pay them once a month when the traders reset and keep them all over 30days so pay them up to 60days on the days i pay the upkeeps. 

• Like 1

I would have atleast 2+ years on upkeep

That was primarily just incase some strange occurrence were to happen that would prevent me from playing the game for an undetermined amount of time 

• Like 2

I keep all of my deeds at 5 months. Don't ask why 5 months just out of habit now.

• Like 2

about a year or so, never know when the other game strikes you. What is it  called again... oh yeah life. :)

Edited by hoof2000
  • Like 1

I just toss the small change (irons and coppers) from my bank into the deed coffers occasionally, usually keeps the deed upkeep at 40-60 days. :)

• Like 1

Since I have 3 deeds I keep them around 200 days, in case I take a break for a few weeks or so.

• Like 1

Mostly on pvp servers when I did deeds, so usually the bare minimum to 2-3 months.

Having too much silver can be like painting a target, even with the current drain caps and limits.

playing on a pvp server, we just put everything we get into upkeep because we dont really have anything else to spend it on outside the occasional res stone. so years+ id guess.

3 hours ago, Klaa said:

Mostly on pvp servers when I did deeds, so usually the bare minimum to 2-3 months.

Having too much silver can be like painting a target, even with the current drain caps and limits.

no its not, it does nothing, the only time this would even remotely be an issue is if you dropped your deed, slammed five gold into upkeep and never attempted to defend it or placed it in an awful spot.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

6 months to 1 year max range for me. I count that time range on a month being 30 days in contrast to the Wurm deed upkeep month being shortchanged down to 28 days. Anyway, yea I mainly look at days left in upkeep and not really consider it in terms months, other than for this polling post response.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

6-9 month's. My less then 2 silver I do 1 year on and top off on a 3 month cycle. 

• Like 1

3months to a year for most of mine 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Propheteer said:

playing on a pvp server, we just put everything we get into upkeep because we dont really have anything else to spend it on outside the occasional res stone. so years+ id guess.

no its not, it does nothing, the only time this would even remotely be an issue is if you dropped your deed, slammed five gold into upkeep and never attempted to defend it or placed it in an awful spot.

Once again your level of reading comprehension never fails to amaze.

Then again that kind of upkeep strategy was what allowed LO to rarely personally invest much in our own upkeep (Even after Rolf started adding the current limitations on draining, booo), so I shouldn't argue when an opponent makes a mistake... bad manners.

Edited by Klaa

I usually keep them at 3 - 4 months minimum out of habit. You never know when you need a few weeks break. :)

On 8/7/2016 at 9:22 AM, Klaa said:

Once again your level of reading comprehension never fails to amaze.

Then again that kind of upkeep strategy was what allowed LO to rarely personally invest much in our own upkeep (Even after Rolf started adding the current limitations on draining, booo), so I shouldn't argue when an opponent makes a mistake... bad manners.

Proph read your post just fine, but I'm afraid you might not understand how the drain amount is determined.

The drain amount is based on upkeep cost, not the amount you deposited in the coffers, so unless you let your deed get drained repeatedly without defending for a years worth of upkeep, it doesn't hurt to put extra money in it.  If you can no longer defend your deed to the point where the remainder of your coffers is at risk, then just disband it to get your money back to deny your opponents from draining it empty.

1 hour ago, Alexgopen said:

Proph read your post just fine, but I'm afraid you might not understand how the drain amount is determined.

The drain amount is based on upkeep cost, not the amount you deposited in the coffers, so unless you let your deed get drained repeatedly without defending for a years worth of upkeep, it doesn't hurt to put extra money in it.  If you can no longer defend your deed to the point where the remainder of your coffers is at risk, then just disband it to get your money back to deny your opponents from draining it empty.

Again, Reading Comprehension. Here's a little help... the part I mentioned current drain limitations, which incidentally were added in response to intense whining and QQ during a period of Chaos's history when certain BL villages were using JK deeds like their personal piggie banks.

Granted I'm uncertain if you were even playing Wurm then, or were snuggled up on a non-PvP Home server.

26 minutes ago, Klaa said:

Again, Reading Comprehension. Here's a little help... the part I mentioned current drain limitations, which incidentally were added in response to intense whining and QQ during a period of Chaos's history when certain BL villages were using JK deeds like their personal piggie banks.

Granted I'm uncertain if you were even playing Wurm then, or were snuggled up on a non-PvP Home server.

So I'm meant to comprehend that you're talking about something that I never knew existed because it came before I ever joined this game and understand the implications of how putting money in a token worked in the past based on your use of the word current?

You're reaching pretty far for an excuse here

I am a peasant and never pay upkeep I'd probably just live in a tent if not for group deeds. I guess I do paying in charm and good looks.

• Like 3