Sign in to follow this  
Tuga

[ Failed fix] 56 Km per hour BUG

Second time it happen with me, 4 peeps in my sailboat, I cross a server and the boat starts sailing at 56km per hour.

If the captain disembarques and embarques again, the boat keep moving at the same speed, If the passengers leave the boat, the boat gets back to normal.

Now dont get me wrong, moving at those speeds would be really great. But that would be messed up in Chaos unless every1 can achive those speeds.

Posting a screen thats in my other pc in a sec...

For some reason Im not abe to make the screen appear with the new Imgur system.

This is the link: http://imgur.com/n2HJmV0

All other passengers in the boat noticed we were sailing really fast.

Was one of the passengers actually sitting in the commander seat along with you? I had a bug before where two players were commanding a boat at the same time, causing it to go double speed.

It also happened after crossing servers, where I was the captain and got disconnected, it automatically placed another player as captain when it crossed servers, and I logged back in as captain as well.

Edited by Alexgopen

Nope, that is my rare sailboat with me driving and more 3 passengers. And at least that I could see they were all sitting in front of me on the passenger seats :s

Maybe would help if add more details: what ql is the sailboat, what server borders you were crossing, if you tried it again (on purpose) and could reproduce it, or just occurs randomly.

The first time this happen with me, I crossed from Pris. to Release to cut track to get to Xanadu.

Be4 my toon would always get stuck in the limbo crossing servers, now it just acts weird and stays below the boat after I cross. I start moving and its like Im dragging the sailboat with me. Usually I just click disembarq on the boat, it lifts me up and drops me in the same place where I was, below it. Then I embarq again and its working.

Beats the relog :)

This 2 times the bug happen tough, seems I was in a standing up position cause the view from my toon was really high driving the boat.

Both times I had more 3 passengers online with me on the boat. It is a rare 82ql walnut sailboat.

Seems it only occurs when I cross servers. First time was in Release and sec time in Pristine.

To be honest didnt retryed to hop servers with passengers to try to recreate the bug again.

Also got a screen from the first time it happen.

I was in TS with my passengers yesterday on the boat and we were just having fun seeing everything pass by really fast calling it a sonic boat lol. They all noticed we were sailing really fast.

Edited by Tuga
Alsothe direction I took did not matter, the 56km were constant.

peZXUyJ.jpg         

Yeah i just love the "Tuga" bug :ph34r:

Edited by Ninjarubberduck
  • Like 1

I've made note of this along with other odd sailing bugs.  Please let me know if this happens when not crossing server borders and if so, was there any lag and/or disconnect/reconnect issues at the time.

Thanks!

Good Evening,

Occasionally when I cross servers, my knarr goes max speed (56 km/h and change) regardless of wind speed and direction.  It only goes max speed when I press W or S.

Seems to happen when I am on a knarr, and I cross while i am on autorun (x), about 5% of the time.  Fixes when I disembark/reembark.

Photo attached:

Spoiler

This happened to me one time in a rowboat.  What I noticed was unusual that seemed to trigger it was that when I crossed the server, I was immediately kicked off the boat.  After I re-embarked, I was able to travel at the increased speed.

So this bug is still happening. Crossed the server border and was going 56km/h.

We tried having everybody disembark or having the commander embark as passenger and various combinations of players as passengers but none of that worked.

What fixed it was the commander disembarking, logging off and leaving world. Logged back in and I was going normal speed.

I have no idea what caused it but I suspect something caused me to become haunted on the transfer between servers.

Edited by Fabricant
  • Like 1

Hello. This bug is still happening. I have a bit more information this time.

I was crossing the server on my knarr with the autorun on because I wasn't paying attention. I try to stop to regain stamina since it tends to disembark me after crossing.

After I crossed the border, I appeared under the boat but was still embarked. When I disembarked and reembarked as commander, the boat was sailing at 56km/h.

I reached the shore and disembarked. Even after reembarking, the boat still sailed at 56km/h. However, when I embarked as commander on a different boat, which sailed at the normal speed, and then reembarked as commander on the original superspeed boat, it sailed at normal speed.

I don't know if this information changes anything. Is it possible the boat is counting the player as the commander twice? Did embarking on a different boat clear it or reset it?

Edited by Fabricant

wish I could of gotten my knarr to sail at those speeds yesterday, all those light breezes, it still happens on occasion but I can never see an obvious way to reproduce it, certainly needs passengers though

• Like 1