Sign in to follow this  
Benie

Heavy studdering when looking at Release's Northeast island

Ok, so I had this happen to me a week ago. I had to go to Release to meet a friend of mine. I'm circling the Northeast island and my FPS tanks to below 20FPS. No one else is having an issue with this, so it's obvious that there's a video setting in Wurm that I might be able to set to fix this.

When looking away from the island (and from other servers), I get a pretty smooth over 60FPS with everything maxed out.

Here's my current graphic settings;

Spoiler

0b441a9057.png

3b5d5ea2e7.png

fb934958df.png

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX 4350

GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Can this be fixed, or is it better to simply buy more RAM? Right now I cannot afford to get a GPU/CPU/Motherboard replacement.

It's probably a structure render distance/creature render distance issue.

Try lowering this.

You might be on to something. The deed my friend was at had a lot of animals. I will try this and post results tomorrow.

There are a lot of lights, structures, and animals on that island. The lag is bad there for me on lesser-performing computers. I turn my graphics to lower settings.

I passed by after setting structure/creature render distance to Far, and set texture filtering and antialazing to a lower level. Not as bad of an FPS drop as before, but still noticeable. Was getting around 15-17FPS, and it was on the East side of the island with the most stuff on it. Lots of boats. Lights. Animals. Makes me wish the game was more optimized.

@Verotika: What do you typically set your settings to? And also, what other areas on the Freedom Isles would be trouble on framerates (as I'm planning to visit all the islands)?

Also, would more RAM help.. at all with this?

Edited by Benie

Mostly raw CPU power helps.

Places with huge deeds (lots of houses and lights) and lots of people makes lag. Things like render distance and shadow detail usually have the biggest impact.

Posting in the WO section for WO issues is cool too.

12 hours ago, Xyp said:

Posting in the WO section for WO issues is cool too.

Quite right. Mods, please move this to the proper section? Thanks.

Honestly I wasn't even paying attention. My bad.

Edited by Benie