Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Dear Keenan

6df59495b9f002eddbedee2aa2fb6377.png

1)

Ya the fact that you guys waited over a year till after you reset the server to even attempt balance changes had nothing to do with it right?

The fact that we had 4 new player gods throw into an already unbalanced system priest system had nothing to do with it right?

The total lack of any real Dev attention on pvp for years before that had nothing to do with the population numbers that forced the elevation reset to start? Right? Right?!

2)

So we want to let the pvp server decay to nothing because of the small group of players who have no ambition to pvp and have sat on deed since the map reset treating epic as a freedom server? Ok how about we just give them a free transfer to freedom where they want to be anyways...

3)

Oh you mean those changes that after people tested them and commented on them the comments where deleted as "Go actually try the update first" after we spend over 4 hours doing just that before replying?  Those small changes are sure going to bring back the 300 people who left after you guys ignored them for 3 years right? Because ignoring them when you ask for feedback is sure going to give them the confidence that you guys are listening for once? Right?

Not saying we had nothing to do with it as players because we did to an extent and we sure didn't help the situation the devs left the game in, but a complete and total lack of some one to give this project a vision to move forward is sadly missing from your team.

https://i.gyazo.com/faf896644e96392cc4137d6a6199a36e.png

This is the epic I remember when I started 300 people on at 5pm est sunday night 2 years ago and I miss it.

• Like 24

Retrograde can you come put your boy in place, devs don't decide why something will happen or not, the paying customer/community does.
If a dev can't code what the community wants then step down, I got the small step ladder for you to get off that high horse.

why we sitting/waiting/paying for a server which a dev calls a disaster

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 7

I actually agree entirely, and as these features get even talked about i'm going to go out of my way to post the mountains of suggestions related to them that were just blatantly ignored or told they outright were not an issue.

A reply like that, filled with sweeping generalizations and a snarky comment to boot actually makes me lose any respect i had left for the WO Development team. And to those who think well its his opinion, yes, it is, but its his opinion under the premise of a developer that resulted in a suggestion getting no lee-way because he is a developer. It was clear his intent was to speak as one and i really don't think someone like that should retain that title.

That's all from me.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 10

Sad that I can only like this post once. 

• Like 1

I've never seen a game that ignores the desires of its player base as much as wurm. You've (devs/rolf/staff) been running the game for years based off of what you think is best for the game, and look where that got it. It's about damn time you start running the game based off of what the players suggest. You know, the ones who actually play the game and have a clue what needs to be done.

To keep it clear, i am not bashing staff, I am simply suggesting a new way of doing things based off of games infinitely more successful than wurm. The game is a great idea ill give you that rolf/staff, but the way you manage it and its updates needs to be changed

Edited by Josh
  • Like 2

e3c8196a54bd149957d843fdf34afa01.png <- from my top picture

I hope this reply was mature enough for Keenan this time, and I hope he didn't mind me digging out those flimsy nails he used to close my coffin.

Edited by Darklords

"Would hate to see mature answers from this lot. It would dull the fun"

Do devs want us to quit? I feel like they've margined us into the 'epic group' just because we want change - I feel like propheteer is on their staff room dart board....Can Retrograde or Rofl clear this up to us? We're being abused at best. We're being made "Fun off" whilst we sit and wait for real change? Is this true? Retro? Rofl? help us.

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

help us.

lol nice joke.

• Like 2

I think Keenan put forth some very honest answers and hit the nail on the head.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

+1

15 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

I never said that what he said didn't have some truth to it, in fact I ended it with

" Not saying we had nothing to do with it as players because we did to an extent and we sure didn't help the situation the devs left the game in, "

but for far to long, the developers have pretended they had no part in the poor position the pvp servers are in sure some people asked for a map reset, but we also asked for pvp balance changes that had been asked for for ages to come along with it so instead we got a rushed map that was generated 2 day before the server launched because we all hated the first one so much and no balance changes and a hand shake and a good luck for a year until the population fell to nothing because they cherry picked the issues the old ele map was part of the issue it needed a reset but beyond that things like the fact that it takes 6 months easy to get into pvp on a new account if you dont have 400 euros to shell out for a good account, the fact that SOTG was a mandatory entry requirement for pvp and still pretty much is. Sludge is still 6 shotting champions while stun locking them the entire time, ask pidgioni how that went for him yesterday on epic when he tried to raid our deed after he though we quit for good(we still got a few defenders left, about 7 or so of us who care enough our of the 40+ people you saw in the Worldstar build video from the news post).

The real issue with Wurm is that none of the developers play on the pvp servers anymore it seems, they have no idea what needs done and what does not need done because they have no reference besides tons of biased player comments which are helpful but can't be relied on fully to be fair, how about we just get some Developers to actually join and see what its like for them selves for once? That's a challenge to any Developers who wants to show they have the balls to stand up and do something about it instead of hiding behind deleted posts. Come play with some of the pvp groups for a week or 2 and see the issues for your self so you can start doing stuff about them.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

He hit the nail on the head about a community you never experienced, about a map you never experienced, in a server you never experienced, in situations you never experienced, and about people you never really met or played with and know nothing about?

I'm sure he did, but you and your friends haven't been able to stop trolling any and all suggestions that have ever been put forth by anyone outside your kingdom as further proved by your friends 180ing on anything the second they stop playing. Attitudes and false personas like that do nothing but create problem after problem right up there next to the developers themselves.

###### outta here with that, thanks.

13 minutes ago, Zachariah said:

+1

As for you, you just flipped your opinion entirely, the opinion put forth two posts earlier.

Edited by Propheteer

2 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

He hit the nail on the head about a community you never experienced, about a map you never experienced, in a server you never experienced, in situations you never experienced, and about people you never really met or played with and know nothing about?

I'm sure he did, but you and your friends haven't been able to stop trolling any and all suggestions that have ever been put forth by anyone outside your kingdom as further proved by your friends 180ing on anything the second they stop playing. Attitudes and false personas like that do nothing but create problem after problem right up there next to the developers themselves.

###### outta here with that, thanks.

As for you, you just flipped your opinion entirely, the opinion put forth two posts earlier.

That is were you are wrong. I did not say I am sad I cant like this post more than once because I agreed with it. Your implications to that were completely wrong. ##### outta here with that, thanks. 

You are right, I never spent time on epic, I picked the grind of the freedom servers. If I wanted it easy could of played wow. I don't know the players, well not the ones that stay on epic, but I have seen what you guys offer the few times you dabbled on chaos, you offer nothing for the chaos community but your trolling on skirmish's and failed empires on chaos, from those encounters I can very easily form my own opinions about you and I don't care for your instagratification playstyle. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

You are right, I never spent time on epic, I picked the grind of the freedom servers. If I wanted it easy could of played wow. I don't know the players, well not the ones that stay on epic, but I have seen what you guys offer the few times you dabbled on chaos, you offer nothing for the chaos community but your trolling on skirmish's and failed empires on chaos, from those encounters I can very easily form my own opinions about you and I don't care for your instagratification playstyle. 

Good to know what insight you really offered into the situation, thanks for playing.

I'd also like to think my trolling offered more to the community than a group of players who would steal accounts to landgrab real quick and wonder why with methods such as that they had anyone left to fight.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Ya because MR Chaos dominating the map almost completely and refusing to break up or do anything to make some more balanced kingdoms like the Mongols had to do on Epic is just the most non toxic play style you could imagine right guys lol right? Let's just keep the numbers to far in 1 direction that no one else has any hope of putting a foot down on the server else MR is going to come and non toxicly level your deed flat just to add a little more to chaos as a whole map.

Not saying you guys didn't win, congratulations you beat Wurm Chaos but to you guys need to break into a couple smaller kingdoms or not level every opponents deed into the ground whos not allied to you than maybe you can say you guys added something to chaos other than its low population.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1

mongol split is a pretty bad example because the pmk ended up reuniting anyway except as jk so it was an even larger group+anyone worthwhile from jkh could have joined

to combat tk because they were annoying

so i mean, say what you want  :lol:

and then guess what, they broke up again.. now theres players in every kingdom of epic from mongols (other than maybe bl) :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Edited by Oreo

31 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

First what have you done for chaos?

Besides attack people on the forums

Pretty sure no one even knew who you were until about 5 months ago :P

You were actually around when prohp was on chaos last?

News to me...

Edited by necroe
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

mongol split is a pretty bad example because the pmk ended up reuniting anyway except as jk so it was an even larger group+anyone worthwhile from jkh could have joined

and then split again, i don't think the majority of its roster resides in JK anymore either.

12 minutes ago, necroe said:

First what have you done for chaos?

Besides attack people on the forums

Pretty sure no one even knew who you were until about 5 months ago :P

You were actually around when prohp was on chaos last?

News to me...

You are only allowed to give 25 likes per day. You cannot give any more likes today.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

lol. says someone who joined after SotG and OP karma spells. someone who joined when a certain kingdom was running uncontested. someone who has never seen the game as an underdog. and that's just the basic requirements.

gtfo with your subpar standards and let the people who know the potential of this game talk. 

There is no game like WO. Believe that. 

The players are desperately wanting to make this game better.

Listen. 

Just now, Banzai said:

There is no game like WO. Believe that. 

The players are desperately wanting to make this game better.

Listen. 

Wurm is terrible.

But there is no game like it, in a good and bad way. The bad way is that the devs don't seem to pay much attention to the people that play it every single day. It's always been a "You have to know someone in a higher position to relay the argument and Rolf will have a look at it" kind of deal.

This game is good, this game is bad, I know I talk a lot of trash about how terrible it is, but there is truly no game like it, the problem is that it has the potential to be much more, but the only thing preventing that is the communication between players and devs.

• Like 4