Sign in to follow this  
Evening

[FIXED] Incomplete fence on deed - bashing timer and damage on weapons

Soo .. I made some incomplete woven fences on deed, to mark places for pens I was planning to build; I used one wooden scrap for each border, they are all at 1.12ql.

Today when I started to bash and replace them, I noticed the timer was 40 seconds/action - compared to 30 seconds/action for complete fences.

I used 83-90ql huge axes and large mauls; on a 1.12ql incomplete fence, the damage was between 0.45 and 0.65/action, which is huge for such a low ql fence.

The issue still persisting, 40 seconds to one bashing action, instead of 30 seconds for an action on complete fences, and damage on weapons still insane.

Hoping the issue doesn't get buried and forgotten :)

If you activate your hammer and remove it instead of using the destroy option.  Does the tool still take massive damage?

Is fence, not house wall or fence_in_an_arched_wall, doesn't work to just remove it. And the timer is wrong too, not only the damage on weapons.

I can remove a incomplete fence plan by activating my hammer: Iron fence 40 sec timer, 68ql hammer, .06 damage to hammer.

Works for Iron Fence, I seem to remember that some types of fencing it is broken on Rope and it looks like woven. Not sure what others.

Might be that it works on iron/stone but not wood type. I will test round pole and low stone wall types later.

It works with a carving knife, very little damage on it, but still the timer and the damage a 1ql incomplete fence on deed do to a 90ish ql weapon seem to be very wrong.

The 40 second timer seems to be consistent between types when removing incomplete/unfinished fencing.

Activating the hammer on low stone gives the same results as the iron fence: Low stone wall: 40 second, 68ql hammer, .05 damage to hammer 

For rope and woven it's a 40 second timer, high damage to activated tool with a activated hammer or other maul type item. .03 damage on a 58ql activated craving knife.

For a wooden fence I had slightly different results. 40 second timer, .14 damage on a 58ql craving knife,  .23 damage on a 68ql hammer.

Yes, using a not  hammer/craving(tool) knife on unfinished fences seems to do damage to activated item like hedges do.

Testing in progress.  Need data for all types of fences, finished and unfinished with various tools.

Alectrys  that is not same bug... this apply to fances  my apply to walls,  this make   0.45 and 0.65/action  DMG     bashing unfinished walls make     18 DMG /action   that is huge difrence and i still wana refound for 90ql maul and 80ql one

this bug started at same time as crafting window dont work anymore on roofs and floors so 8th sep. 2016

Edited by Sila

Are you saying that extra queued bash actions will still occur, even after the wall is destroyed?

Yes, queued up actions will continue when bashing a wall after the wall is destroyed and if a wall plan remains. The bashing on the wall plan or carving it for that matter will accumulate massive damage. I have noticed this on upper plans where they are needed for support of an adjacent wall plan.

I have noticed that bashing walls with nothing more than one brick/motor added seems to do greater damage to a tool than bashing a completed wall, but not the same amount as bashing wall plans does. 

So on a unfinished timberframe wall, one timber in it only my huge axe took 21 damage taking it out in one hit. I was thinking fix this bug and it will solve the problem of catapulting unfinished parapets which only have one brick in them, as those can not be catapulted. Also comes to mind a building I destroyed a few months back that had several walls with just one brick in them where I took a maul to them, I remember the maul taking a lot of damage one each unfinished plan I smashed out.

Edited by JakeRivers