Sign in to follow this  
Scadouge

Del

Do not be fooled, mudcrabs are deadly!

Played few days and helped to test some stuff. Here's my experience so far :

Started a game, had to choose race. All of them have different statistics ( body/mind ) and many have resist bonus, but there are some weaknesses. Although bonuses are nice you have to consider characteristics becouse there are which start with as low as 16.

Haven't touched magic system, basic tomes ( circle 1 ) starts from 18s in starting town. Magic seems viable at higher levels ( was testing object for shooting fireballs :D)

Beware that you can learn 1 type of magic each 10INT. For example if you learn at least one restoration spell you cannot learn any other spells like destruction until you have 10 more INT.

Alchemy system looks great, you need ingredients to craft potions, same ingredients have few effects. Personally haven't crafted so far, ingredients droped only from new creatures.

New creatures are dangerious, better stay away from them as new player. After fighting 5lv mudcrabs i recommend to have fine set of armor (30+ql), had 13FS(now ~14).

Starter town is build, there are few merchants with magic tomes and other items just make sure you search all houses to find them.

TLRD : 11 races to choose, promising magic and alchemy system, new creatures and levels, maybe more in future.

I do not know everything, but if you will need some help feel free to ask in game. Name is Martynas.

• Like 1

just an FYI.   A custom client violates the EULA from Steam.   Be careful. 

6 minutes ago, razoreqx said:

just an FYI.   A custom client violates the EULA from Steam.   Be careful. 

ex: all skyrim players use custom client and?

3 hours ago, Scadouge said:

ex: all skyrim players use custom client and?

Im not saying others don't do it.. but I looked into running a baked client with 2.6GB of graphics and client side assets and checked with Steam and was informed it violated the EULA to distribute a complete fully rebuilt client.   

I had run into trouble in the past using NWN client many years ago and ended up in legal litigation with Bioware.   I didn't want to run into the same situation here.   

Just saying I did the homework and found frustration I was unable to distribute a modified client, which would remove the need to distribute 2.6Gb of graphics via a modloader. 

Direct connect does seem to work without any issues, pretty cool setup in game. Mobs are deadly. level 31 fog spider 3 hits templars

10 minutes ago, Chefric said:

Sooooo, need a password now to connect? 

i update server, just wait

Update:

+bags no longer drop from "butchering". Now need right click on corpse and choose "Pick up award". You have a few minutes on this after mob die.

+Added bags for WO mobs(coins and no alchemy items) (alch ingredients later)

+Added orbs for enchanting;

+Orbs for Enchanter can drop from bags with low chance;

+Tomes (Circle 1) can drop from bags with low chance;

+Additional bag for every 7 creature level;

Many good stuff on server, but few people. Anyone who starting and looking for trade pm me.

Circle 1 spells can be obtained just by regular aggro hunt. Swamps filled with rats make it easier, but sometimes it's difficult if you come from afar.

Now you regain 1 mana each 5 minutes.

Alchemy will be easier once ingredients from botanizing or other easy obtainable way will be added. ( it is being worked on as far as i know )

Deeds weren't mentioned, you only need unkeep for it, also for guards.

• Like 1

Im still hoping that scadouge will host a high rate server sometimes for people who cant spend to much time on Wurm ;) 

On 06.08.2016 at 10:05 PM, Biervampyr said:

Im still hoping that scadouge will host a high rate server sometimes for people who cant spend to much time on Wurm ;) 

I don't have resources to afford it

Some days ago i was able to get orbs ( for enchanting ). Those were sun and sparkling. Sun orb for strengthening enchant and sparkling gives air damage ( shows as burn wounds ).

For enchanting you need enchanter ( elemental sphere (sphere +50mana ) and enchanted log (same way as sphere) for starting building it ),

Enchanting order

put weapon(s) ( enchanter chooses one random weapon to enchant )

put orbs , you cannot strengthen enchant later so you have to put them ( though i made mistake by not putting it )

transfer mana ( 100, it is for all enchants so far)

enchant

Enchant has 60% chance + 1-40% depending on enchanter QL.

Enchant was pretty weak but helped me to kill 15lv wolf , didn't even need to back away and heal.

One weird or not thing is that enchant gives phy dmg bonus too, though it is great becouse actual air damage was really low.

Currently few players are playing. [20:56:39] 5 other players are online. You are on Dark winter server [dw mod v0.3] (6 totally in Wurm).

Update:

+changed to PVE

+add lesser ingredients(drop from farming) with weak effects.

+add tomes and few new skills for magic;

Planned:
-new orbs for enchant ring, armor, weapon, staff;

-new magic tomes;

-finish quest system;

-add player level system(ex: increase dex/int/vit for choice)

Edited by Scadouge

Last updates:
+Add new orbs for rings, armor, tools.
+Add Player level system(kill agr creatures and finish quests for experience).(menu: Body->info->Level)
+Add Daily quests.(max 3 quests at same time)

+Enchanter: item level now has random value (1 to itemLevel)

+Mechanics: if the guard will help to kill creature, you can only get (1/2) coins(without experience and loot bag)
+Mechanics: Every 20 int +1 mana regeneration
Planned:

-Update server 1.1.1.1+(soon).

-Blueprints for unique items.
-Event maps.
-Random dungeons generator.

Edited by Scadouge
  • Like 1

Interesting server.

Out of a desire for something different, I decided to check this server out.  Any notes or observations may be wrong and are simply based on my interpretations

Combat:

Traditional WO/WU mobs drop coin.

Server specific mobs drop alchemy reagents and enchanting items (thus far).  Server specific mobs range from variations on WO/WU mobs such as forest spider, dark spider, swamp spider, direwold, cliff racer (mini dragon type mob) etc.  The server specific mobs are visually different in terms of color.  Mobs also vary on size based upon their "level"

Mobs (and players) have traditional MMO levels.  The levels seem on par so far as far as combat goes.  A level 37 wildcat does seem to hit harder than a level 1.  Attempts to fight mobs much higher than my level never seems to go well.  Armor seems a must compared to WO/WU even fighting low level mobs.  That may also be due to my lower Body Stamina having chosen a Khajit race for movement speed bonus.

Alchemy:

The alchemy system is involved and almost overwhelming at first.  It seems to utilize drops from server specific mobs and also as a by product of farming.  You have to have a glass flask to pour your mixtures into.  The glass flask can be purchased from a vendor in the spawn area or made using a consumable pottery glass form and sand.  A spreadsheet was shared with me showing all the alchemy ingredients and their properties.  I have not yet made a potion that was actually useful and the ones I have made basically put a slow effect on myself (note to self, don't drink potions that start with SL)

Enchanting:

Someone else covered the mechanism behind that above.  It seems to work, though 100 mana takes a LONG time to recover (1 mana recovered/5 minute interval iirc

Magic:

Seems well done, but i havent' actually used it.  The Circle 1 spells cost more silver than I currently have and given mana recovery rates, I can't see using it that often.

Mods:

The server does not seem to feature any of the traditional par for course mods such as dig to dirt, bulk transfer, crop mod etc

Religion:

Does not seem to exist.  No priest spells (replaced with magic and enchanting)

Personal thoughts:  I have quit playing a few times now in frustration.  I'm sure there are good reasons for slow mana recovery, but if it was 5 mana every 1 minute, that would make a huge difference to me in terms of making magic more useful.  The ability to mix something normal together such as wemp and water to make "mana juice" would remove the reliance on finding alchemy reagents to make mana potions.

Even with 30ql plate (I found some on an abandoned deed and a 20QL large maul, mobs equal to my level kick my butt.  Simple wild cats and wolves.  It could be my imagination but medium wounds at 20 or 30 damage always seem to worsen even after bandaging.

Some good concepts, a bit too hard core.  Action timers and skill rate seems slower than what is advertised, but that is just a subjective observation.

• Like 1

Is there a way to run it from linux? WurmLauncher.exe obviously not my way :D

Good server. Most beautiful card. I play recently, until all the rules. True strong monsters.
Edited by Haridjay

On 03.10.2016 at 0:19 AM, Jaz said:

Is there a way to run it from linux? WurmLauncher.exe obviously not my way :D

I think not, only way to find 1.0.0.7 linux client, if linux version exist

Edited by Scadouge

If anyone needs deed for free tell me, giving my old one :

30+days unkeep, has clay by the water, few iron veins and copper vein.

located I3

Also looking for people to join me in my new deed.

GMT+3 here, usually online 6pm-1am.

EDIT:

There is summoner tome seller in starting town.

Also you can buy enchanted touch ( courier) from illusion tome seller ( druid )

Edited by Martynas5
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Martynas5 said:

If anyone needs deed for free tell me, giving my old one :

30+days unkeep, has clay by the water, few iron veins and copper vein.

located I3

Also looking for people to join me in my new deed.

GMT+3 here, usually online 6pm-1am.

EDIT:

There is summoner tome seller in starting town.

Also you can buy enchanted touch ( courier) from illusion tome seller ( druid )

Oh, is that Southpoint or something like that?  I rode past that out on a long ride the other day.  VERY nice deed!