Sign in to follow this  
Clywde

Little bugs ruins everything (and gets my stuff lost)

I'm making a nice and relaxing exploring trip around Xanadu with my new corbita. I keep a horse with me, so that I can run around the abandoned deeds and find cool stuff.

And then bamm.. My horse gets stuck on a building. I led it too close around the corner. I contacted GM and he couldnt do anything about it. I had moved on by the time GM responded.

2nd horse: I found a new one. Yay. And when I embark to my ship. I can't move my look. I contacted /support again. He told me to log out for 1m+30s. I told him that I would lose the horse. He told me that there is nothing else to do.

Yep.. I'm paying for this game. I use some time to workaround some bugs, but if these kind of bugs happens in a row and I lose some important tools/animals/material, I get angry.

Dear Code Club, What are you gonna do to keep me as a happy customer?

Answer:  not a damn thing.  If you are going to make a forum post crying about something so simple as you neglecting to brand your horse, then there's really nothing else that can be done.   I'll also give you another piece of advice... Wurm is NOT a game I recommend for those that seek entitlement.

58 minutes ago, Clywde said:

Dear Code Club, What are you gonna do to keep me as a happy customer?

Absolutely nothing. Look at Epic Cluster: Dead. Look at PvP as a whole: Dead. Look at the numbers dropping. Hell they even took away the one thing that drew a size-able crowd, Challenge. Challenge may have had low numbers in later rounds, But they could'v been far higher if they let us take our main accounts there, That by far was the biggest issue i heard about challenge is they couldn't use there mains to play. That and it becomes a little too one sided later on. 

Don't use a single horse, use a cart with hitched horses. You can literally make your cart as fast as a horse with the right gear. Seriously though that's the safest way to play this game atm to avoid some of the annoyances.

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Wurm is NOT a game I recommend for those that seek entitlement.

I think you need to check into the meaning of "entitlement." It's not entitlement that makes you think a game you're paying to play should have basic working mechanics.

You are learning valuable lessons at this stage; just have the patience to keep them for future use. You will become wary of the pitfalls, then you will easily avoid them. Don't expect anything except that those issues will prevail.

• Like 1

I just want to say to all of you: I KNOW :)

I know how to prevent horses from roaming, I know that using cart would be wise. I'm also willing to accept if my horse roams away in a normal situation. But if I lose my time or equipment because of some stupid bugs, it will be different story. I except that something I pay for would be worth of something. That something could be someone here making an apology and saying: "we are working on it". That's all. It's simple to keep a customer happy if you try :) It's all about a principle, especially when it's about my moneyz!

Edited by Clywde

Guess what happens when you get the embark bug and a troll is approaching you.... Devs, is there a way to get some payback for having extra trouble?

Wurm rolls nice on 64bit java. I'm still having the embark bug and Xanadu often seems quite laggy.

Sorry about your stuff but part of any game is learning to deal with "bugs and features". The first rule of exploring hostile and unknown territory is to brand and saddle your horse and have a tent ready.

Keep with it and you'll put these losses behind you and you'll be finding supremes in no time.

This "bug and feature" is a really tough one. I tried playing on Xanadu with my old mayor, both as brand-newbs, and we finally gave up on it the second time we lost our pets/meals/defenders when trying to escape hell hounds. They scraped off when we ran around buildings, and we both know to loop wide when running around buildings. It's not fun, and when you're new and struggling just to survive, losing your animals through no fault of your own is quit-worthy. If a new player has been trying long enough to find and maybe tame some animals, why put them off in this way?

5 hours ago, Aeryck said:

Sorry about your stuff but part of any game is learning to deal with "bugs and features". The first rule of exploring hostile and unknown territory is to brand and saddle your horse and have a tent ready.

Keep with it and you'll put these losses behind you and you'll be finding supremes in no time.

Is the embark bug also a feature? It's a really nice one when a troll is killing you when you can't move.. It's ok for a free game that everything is not so shiny. BUT if I put my moneys on a game, I expect that some basic stuff works!!

P.S. And about the explorer tent.. :)) Guess what I was doing when I died that way. I had just picked the tent from ground and was leaving from the island.

Edited by Clywde

Again, not saying it should work this way, just that since you now know it does there are way to avoid it happening again. I always moor my ships several tiles away from the shore so that most creatures cant follow me into the water. And I dont moor my ship unless I am logging out because you wont be able to raise anchor if you are being attached. Just disembark while you are exploring and leave the anchor in the ship.

I agree that everything should work correctly, but for whatever reason we have some bugs that just cant seem to be fixed but the game is quite fun even with them, imo.

The embarking bug is godawful and really should be fixed. It's existed for years now and affects both carts and boats, both as captain and passenger. I believe it has something to do with how far away you click embark from, because usually if you do it while standing closer to the vehicle the bug doesn't happen. 

Aeryck, thanks for the tips  I try to live with the little ones (i call them 'bugs' here ;)).
Edited by Clywde

On 7/24/2016 at 7:05 AM, Wargasm said:

Answer:  not a damn thing.  If you are going to make a forum post crying about something so simple as you neglecting to brand your horse, then there's really nothing else that can be done.   I'll also give you another piece of advice... Wurm is NOT a game I recommend for those that seek entitlement.

Sounds like it got stuck in a locked house not inside a deed.  "My horse gets stuck on a building. I led it too close around the corner" k

2 far too common and sometimes really annoying bugs, I think hes got a right to be mad.