Sign in to follow this  
LordDan

Mission Ruler Tutorials

Hello everyone,

I've been playing around with the Mission Ruler a bit this week as I wanted my server to have a little extra content. I've managed to come up with a few things and I'm starting to get a grasp of what it can do. As the Mission Ruler appears to have very little information about it I thought I'd share a couple video tutorials in hopes more people begin to figure out everything this tool can do.

I've put everything into a playlist and will continue to add to it as I have more ideas and learn new things.

Hope someone finds it useful!

Regards,

Lord Dan

• Like 3

i made some mission now and tested with my players, that works fine but then i created a new player and try to talk to the npc, but there was no option, have you an idea?

3 hours ago, Lolabelle said:

please be sure to put this on Steam in the guides also.

Good idea, I will do this shortly. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Eject said:

i made some mission now and tested with my players, that works fine but then i created a new player and try to talk to the npc, but there was no option, have you an idea?

Actually yes, I noticed this once so I think I may know the issue. Try activating something, anything. I noticed that when you first log in, new player or no, you have nothing activated; this seems to cause the 'talk' action to not show. I have no idea why you'd need anything activated to Talk, I guess it's just another Wogic. Anyway, hope that helps.

I've done quite a lot of missions on my server and I know it pretty well. Here are some tips:

1. When doing some quest updates, it's a good idea to dismount. Not all quest updates will work when mounted. It's a game mechanics issue sometimes.
2. You must have some item activated when you wish to talk to an NPCs. Any will do, shovel, knife...whatever.
3. If you wish to give an item to an NPC, you must activate the item and rightclick the NPC -> Give. This does not work on players, only NPCs (unless you're a GM).
4. If a quest calls for the use of a tool - crude tools does not always work. Real tools needed.
5. Progression between quests is a pain. Basically avoid Activate/Decativate.

Edited by Jukken

talk on a "human" npc seems dont work, because human will fight against guide npc lol

4 minutes ago, Jukken said:

I've done quite a lot of missions on my server and I know it pretty well. Here are some tips:

1. When doing some quest updates, it's a good idea to dismount. Not all quest updates will work when mounted. It's a game mechanics issue sometimes.
2. You must have some item activated when you wish to talk to an NPCs. Any will do, shovel, knife...whatever.
3. If you wish to give an item to an NPC, you must activate the item and rightclick the NPC -> Give. This does not work on players, only NPCs (unless you're a GM).
4. If a quest calls for the use of a tool - crude tools does not always work. Real tools needed.
5. Progression between quests is a pain. Basically avoid Activate/Decativate.

Good advice, thanks for the contribution.

Just now, Eject said:

talk on a "human" npc seems dont work, because human will fight against guide npc lol

How strange, both should be friendly. I'll do a little experimenting on that when i get some free time.

Human's work ok. Make sure they are in the same kingdom and preferably citizens in the same settlement or they will sometime start fighting.

There is also a rare problem where tower guards may start attacking a Human NPC, and you can't make them citizens...so I just set all fighting skills of the human to 90+ and that solves the quest NPCs issues :)

Edited by Jukken

9 hours ago, Jukken said:

Human's work ok. Make sure they are in the same kingdom and preferably citizens in the same settlement or they will sometime start fighting.

There is also a rare problem where tower guards may start attacking a Human NPC, and you can't make them citizens...so I just set all fighting skills of the human to 90+ and that solves the quest NPCs issues :)

I've never had a fighting problem. My personal problem is Humans always have free will and eventually wonder off into the Wilderness. Does making them a Citizen of the Deed stop this?

2 hours ago, LordDan said:

I've never had a fighting problem.

It's very rare, but it does happen that they start fighting.

My personal problem is Humans always have free will and eventually wonder off into the Wilderness. Does making them a Citizen of the Deed stop this?

No, but you can lock them in somewhere. That's what I always do. In a fenced in area or a house workes fine.

Do not put them upstairs though, usually when the server restarts, they end up at bottom floor anyway...and may escape.

Edited by Jukken
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2016 at 8:53 PM, Jukken said:

It's very rare, but it does happen that they start fighting.

No, but you can lock them in somewhere. That's what I always do. In a fenced in area or a house workes fine.

Do not put them upstairs though, usually when the server restarts, they end up at bottom floor anyway...and may escape.

Learned that the hard way when my Human was upstairs; I used a ladder thinking they wouldn't be able to get down. Wroooong.

On 07/26/2016 at 1:34 PM, LordDan said:

I've never had a fighting problem. My personal problem is Humans always have free will and eventually wonder off into the Wilderness. Does making them a Citizen of the Deed stop this?

Give them the "malformed hind legs" trait. That usually stops them from meandering about.

that dont work, i have tested this option very often

please pin this =)

LordDan could you inform us here if you have uploaded a new tutorial? would be better as always looking in the youtube-channel ;)

Edited by Eject

11 hours ago, Eject said:

please pin this =)

LordDan could you inform us here if you have uploaded a new tutorial? would be better as always looking in the youtube-channel ;)

I will do :3 I'm half way through a 6 day work week plus overtime at the moment so content is a little slow, but I am messing around with a few things. Hopefully have something new in a couple days.

On 7/30/2016 at 3:36 AM, Eject said:

that dont work, i have tested this option very often

Odd. I'll have to have another look at this, aside from occasionally shifting a tile on server restart the NPC sat still.