Sign in to follow this  
ClericGunem

Heals may be getting a bit too much credit

I have not seen a topic on this, so here it is.  Ciceren is my Fo priest and i did not have time to get my main there so it was just 1 char and she is mediocre fighter and decent healer.  Those of us casting LoF...well sort of obvious.  Maybe this one was to catch the priests up, but i hope in the future it would be bit more even.  I think that we priests worked hard enough to be phenomenal ranking, but not 2x-5x higher than the guys fighting.  I would put my priest in top say 15 as i ran out of gems (had to sac for last 2-3) heals but was fighting too.  Maeili was running back ad forth whole time heal, sac, heal, sac....and thinking definite top 3 if not earned #1 (and i think he would agree, and said much the same as the rift defense disbanded).

jdq6lEQ.png

Edited by ClericGunem

At a guess, I would say the healers got credit for each person who healed some damage each time they cast LoF.  In a way, I don't mind the healers coming top - it certainly didn't seem to reduce my loot.  I see I was 5 from the top in that list, and I got 4 items at the end (lump, shoulder pad, 2x bracelets).  Given I just had to show up and beat on stuff whereas the healers had to bring a huge pile of pre-made cloth squares (or filled gems), it doesn't seem unreasonable.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Pandalet said:

At a guess, I would say the healers got credit for each person who healed some damage each time they cast LoF.  In a way, I don't mind the healers coming top - it certainly didn't seem to reduce my loot.  I see I was 5 from the top in that list, and I got 4 items at the end (lump, shoulder pad, 2x bracelets).  Given I just had to show up and beat on stuff whereas the healers had to bring a huge pile of pre-made cloth squares (or filled gems), it doesn't seem unreasonable.

That is fair.  i got the glimmer, a bracelet, and a shoulder so it sounds fair no matter the numbers

Where you place in the top ranks or not at all seems to have no bearing on the lump type you get at the end. So I don't think it is a big deal if someone casting light of fo on a large group gets decent credit for the efforts.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Where you place in the top ranks or not at all seems to have no bearing on the lump type you get at the end. So I don't think it is a big deal if someone casting light of fo on a large group gets decent credit for the efforts.

Agreed.  

Unless someone disagrees i withdraw my "bug report" and suggest this be closed.  I am sure the devs have better things to do then to chase what boils down to scoring semantics.  The loot distribution seems significantly better now (thank you Budda and others who fixed it)

Hi,

I know it's OT here, but here might be the knowledge:

Wurmpedia says for Light of Fo: " It has a chance to heal a certain amount of wounds to all allies ..."

This was changed some time ago. Has it been reverted again (so that it heals all players again), or you all were allies?

Thx, and have fun!