Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #29 Quivering with Excitement

Hi Everyone!
It feels like this week has flown past! I’ve been busy working on social media, and I’m here to share what’s been going on for the dev team this week, but first….

Patch Notes

Spoiler
  • Source crystal drop rate from cave walls was increased.
  • Rift loot chances increased slightly.
  • Permissions change:  Attaching a lock to an on deed gate used to automatically give citizens of that deed May Pass permission, even of the deed role did not allow citizens to pass gates. It will now only give the person placing the lock permission to pass, and sets the controlled by deed flag.
    • If you restrict access to gates to citizens, please check individual gates to ensure the correct permissions are set.
  • Bugfix:  Rift altars should no longer decay if the rift is still active.
  • Bugfix:  You can no longer lock an unlocked gate for which you have no permissions.

PvP changes
The discussion for PvP changes continues, with the feedback threads being used to adjust and tweak the current values. There’s plenty more to come, but we need to ensure that all changes are tested and balanced accurately, so jump on, try out the mechanics and let us know what you think.

Starter deed updates
As you all know, the starter deed competition has had some pretty amazing entries, with Green Dog, The Howl, and Esteron completed, and Glasshollow well on it’s way to completion. We’re still open to suggestions for other starter deeds, both on Xanadu and others, so if you’re interested, get a design together and we’ll check it out!

Spoiler

GreenDog.jpg

Howl.jpg

Esteron.jpgGlasshollow.jpg

Damnit Berris
I’d like to congratulate Berris on hitting 100 fletching, the title Quivering with Excitement is extremely fitting, and we all hope the incoming nerf doesn’t hurt him more than he deserves.

WU update
There is a new WU beta in the works, with Keenan working hard on addressing some annoying bugs within the server admin side, as well as shoulder pads! When the beta goes out we’ll add the patch notes to the thread.

Community Content
This week's Community Content is a video series called Shady Vale, by The forums Wulfrock and Kaylie. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed catching up with what they’re up to, and always enjoy seeing a new episode.

That's it from us this week, may your weekend be full of Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Damnit Berris
I’d like to congratulate Berris on hitting 100 fletching, the title Quivering with Excitement is extremely fitting, and we all hope the incoming nerf doesn’t hurt him more than he deserves.

More proof that Berris is OP!! :lol:

• Like 4

Damnit Berris, The Fletch Prince would totally have been cooler.

• Like 5

congratulations Berris.. ...  may we bow down to thee . you one notch above us  that we may quiver as you draw breath.....

• Like 1

Well done Berris! And been watching the progress of Shady Vale, reaaaaaallly curious to see the end result!

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

WU update
There is a new WU beta in the works, with Keenan working hard on addressing some annoying bugs within the server admin side, as well as shoulder pads! When the beta goes out we’ll add the patch notes to the thread.

Any idea of whats currently in the works as far as server-side bugs go? Are hellhorse spawns finally being fixed?

I can't believe the Berris nerf patch was over looked and this is the result, congrats Berris!

1 hour ago, Zakalwe said:

Yes, it would have!

But seriously, congratulations, Berris! Well done!

Wurm hands down has the stupidest titles...

Grats Berris.

Any chance that "authentication duplicate" error being fixed? WU

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Damnit Berris

Congrats, Berris!!!!!

P.S.  I'm also "quivering with excitement" !  That's my house in the startup!!! :D  *Is all giddy to be on "tv"*

Edit: No one in my rl will understand my joy...

Edited by Hannaliese

Is the new WU update going to fix the no spawn problems of  Hell hound,hell Horse and a few other mobs

Edited by enoofu

Wow, thanks very much for highlighting our video's, we certainly did not expect this ! 

We are glad to see people enjoy them :)

Congratulations Berris :)

Valiance and Kaylie

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Huntar said:

Any idea of whats currently in the works as far as server-side bugs go? Are hellhorse spawns finally being fixed?

Yes.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, enoofu said:

Is the new WU update going to fix the no spawn problems of  Hell hound,hell Horse and a few other mobs

Also Yes.

• Like 4

A great big congrats Berris!

Well done.

please please if you would be so kind as to fix up the mission ruler lists for creatures and items x) <3 lots of things missing and would love more control!

On 2016-07-22 at 1:56 PM, Zakalwe said:

I don't think he got to choose because the title was already there once he reached 100 if I understood it correctly. Which is strange since I don't there was anyone who'd reached 100 prior to the suggestion popping up here:

But I'm hoping that if he wants to he'll get an opportunity to choose a title once he logs in, if he doesn't like it. :P It's after all not every day a person reaches 100. Except Berris since he's so #### OP. BERRIS WHY

• Like 1