Sign in to follow this  
Army

Speed Server (instant timers, rift invasions, better digging and much more)

This PvE server is designed for ultra fast gameplay.

The minimum action timers (1,5 seconds) for almost all actions are removed, so everything is instant at all.

Since it could get boring after a while with this speed, I made a simple rift invasion mod that spawns rift creatures. The rift creatures are attacking deeds and will try to steal upkeep. If you successfully defend the deed against them, you can get random rewards like rare/supreme/fantastic tools, weapons or bones, masks or other items you can't craft like a spyglass.

Traps work against mobs and archery towers/magical turrets are shooting at aggressive creatures, that should help to defend your deed.

Some other features are faster boats, horses and carts, all actions (except crafting) are possible from cart, 10x bigger inventory (weight only), no priest restrictions, easier transmutation liquids, raw meat and filets in FSB or some other mods that are public.

Map:

WN5ibW5.jpg

Server name: Speed Server (instant timers)

Skill rate: x150

Action rate: x500

Server IP: 185.101.92.184

Live Map: http://bit.ly/29VgV1t

• Like 3

Some screenshots of a rift invasion:

Spoiler

3iQS09a.png

Spoiler

qsJF9dF.png

Spoiler

ujLqtfO.png

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 2:10 PM, Army said:

Since it could get boring after a while with this speed, I made a simple rift invasion mod that spawns rift creatures. The rift creatures are attacking deeds and will try to steal upkeep.

Essentially you are creating a building/crafting type of server with very fast timers and then will harass the inhabitants with these Rift creatures, turning the game play on the server into one of constant battle. I wouldn't even classify this as a hunting type server since this concept goes beyond that into more like what I mentioned.

I enjoy servers with these fast timers and skill gains because they enable players who enjoy building and crafting to accomplish things much faster but when later they change the game there into "challenging" unavoidable excessive mob fighting I find that they quickly become pointless for getting anything accomplished along the building and crafting lines. The end result is to move on to another server.

At least you are giving fair warning ahead of time that fighting off these deed destructive Rift mobs will be the unavoidable main feature. So at least those who prefer to build and craft in peace will know best to avoid this situation. Your server and your choice on how to arrange the functions but I thought I would just give you another viewpoint of what is boring to some and what is not. Who knows, some might find this just what they would be interested in.

=Ayes=

This is a good point, and I'm already working on improvements for the rift invasion feature.

Once I'm done with this, invasion wave strength will be based on the target deed - counting guards and archery towers for a defense value and general buildings and walls for a village progress value.

This means that unprepared villages or villages that just got founded will have weaker invasions or even no invasions.

I'm currently thinking about giving mayors the option to totally disable invasions for their village too, this would give back the choice of building a war deed or building a normal PvE deed back to the village owner. 

The invasions are not there to annoy people, they should add some fun to the end game when there is not much to do anymore, but maybe it was too early to add it to the server.

1 hour ago, Army said:

I'm currently thinking about giving mayors the option to totally disable invasions for their village too, this would give back the choice of building a war deed or building a normal PvE deed back to the village owner. 

This seems a great idea to me, giving Mayors the option to opt in or out of these invasions. It would also give you an accurate idea of how popular this feature actually is with the player base. Those who might be interested in them when their Village is completed will then have the opportunity to initially build it undisturbed as well. Good to see that you are taking these points into consideration as I would think that it will contribute to a more satisfied player population.

=Ayes=

Invasions only happen at deeds with more than 2 templars now. So if you don't want to get invaded, just don't hire more than 2 templars.

I just removed the characteristics divider and added the bag of holding spell too.

• Like 1

Hey awesome Army, glad to see you working on a project, look forward to seeing what you come up with man! I won't be playing, don't have time, but  may pop in for a visit/tour one day. Keep up the good work bud!

Army - do you have a plan on how long the server plans to be up?

3 hours ago, Nedochris said:

What's the port? please even if default

Default port, 3724

8 hours ago, MootRed said:

Army - do you have a plan on how long the server plans to be up?

No fixed plan for this yet. It's running on a server that I'm using for other smaller projects anyway, so bills and payments wont be a problem.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:50 AM, Army said:

No fixed plan for this yet. It's running on a server that I'm using for other smaller projects anyway, so bills and payments wont be a problem.

One suggestion I would make is to have a Portal to and from the White Light at the Spawn deed as it would be very helpful rather than the long run and then swim to the island location.

Also, either a gold or silver vein created in the public mine on the south side would be of good use to make a Statuette for then casting priest spells. Maybe I will mine around in there more searching for one if not created. Thanks.

Never mind above on Silver/Gold as I found a Silver ore vein in the Public Mine for everyone to use.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

On 7/24/2016 at 11:52 PM, Army said:

This is a good point, and I'm already working on improvements for the rift invasion feature.

Once I'm done with this, invasion wave strength will be based on the target deed - counting guards and archery towers for a defense value and general buildings and walls for a village progress value.

This means that unprepared villages or villages that just got founded will have weaker invasions or even no invasions.

The invasions are not there to annoy people, they should add some fun to the end game when there is not much to do anymore, but maybe it was too early to add it to the server.

is that a mod that you use ? how you make this invasions work ?

On 6.8.2016 at 2:19 AM, traveler said:

is that a mod that you use ? how you make this invasions work ?

It's a custom mod thats not public.

The mod is generating invasions using the rift creatures that will attack a deed, if thats what you wanted to know.

hi army i had my first invasion today and just got some hearts....maybe we can make it so saccing hearts would have a chance to spawn an item.... just an idea...

Sorry for the delay, been busy the last days.

The server is updated now and I increased the crop growth speed. It's not instant but shouldn't take longer than 1 minute until it's ripe.

• Like 2

Is it just me or is the server having issues? Did the port change affect it?

Changed the default internal server port due to nVidia reserving it. 

I wonder if that's to do with it.

If you are having trouble feel free to reach out on Steam to me Army, glad to help fix it up if I can. I have messed up about everything possible in one way or another and fixed it, glad to share the knowledge :)