Sign in to follow this  
TradingAlt

PUBLIC PVP CHANGES THREAD (BY THE REAL PVPERS)

Post here what you think about current game mechanics and what you'd like to see changed, or even post if you'd prefer nothing be touched at all.

BTW POSTS WILL NOT BE REMOVED (unless of course you annoy some moderator or post some offensive stuff)

• Like 1

Imo, they should push back time to the point where farwalkers amulets just got disabled (and make sure they remove the source salt wall thing) and everything will be honky dory!

• Like 1

remove hota (play date to pvp, stale)

remove hell horses (seriously)

remove rare/supreme/fantastic (3 speed horse? NO PROBLEM)

remove glimmer/addy/seryll (more items to collect instead of playing game)

remove multi tiered buildings (lol lets go siege a deed and fire 500 shots to get through the first layer xd)

remove cave dwellings (if thats a thing yet, if not, oh well.. still remove it)

remove player gods (###### spell lists)

remove valrei items (###### items)

remove valrei missions (more ###### items to collect)

remove rifts (more ###### items to collect)

remove tower capping altogether (inb4 "you dont 'own' that territory if you can't protect it" arguement.. sure yeah.. but bashing also fixes that)

revert archery debuff

revert minedoor change

revert backup horse CR nerf

most likely more, ill think of them while i finish this movie :v

inb4 "oreo the title says 'real pvpers' " meme

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Oreo said:

remove multi tiered buildings (lol lets go siege a deed and fire 500 shots to get through the first layer xd)

remove tower capping altogether (inb4 "you dont 'own' that territory if you can't protect it" arguement.. sure yeah.. but bashing also fixes that)

revert archery debuff

revert minedoor change

+1 to all EXCEPT "revert backup horse CR nerf"

you only get a cr nerf if leading more than 1 thing, and it only results in crap where people lead 4 horses around all the time like we used to have

i say no leading anything while mounted, because honestly riding full speed into battle while dragging another horse behind you is kinda laughable

also only allow equipping/unequipping armor if you have nothing equipped in your hands and you arent moving, because how are you gonna put your pants on while simultaneously running and holding a sword and shield. please post a video if you can do this

• Like 1

Don't mind me... I'm just here to be entertained.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Oreo said:

revert archery debuff

revert minedoor change

this would be good, but 2 things I would disagree with. 

1: the backup horse cr nerf thing is needed, having like 3 backup barded horses is just silly...

2: to remove hellhorses we need a smaller map then the current chaos size..

I say that land control needs to be changed.  In order to control an area there has to be a presence in that area.  For example a deed with # of players that actively play in it.  The more players the deed has, the biger the area of influence.  Tower should only be built within that influence.  This way it will be a lot more challenging to just take over the entire server.

Just now, Puertorro said:

I say that land control needs to be changed.  In order to control an area there has to be a presence in that area.  For example a deed with # of players that actively play in it.  The more players the deed has, the biger the area of influence.  Tower should only be built within that influence.  This way it will be a lot more challenging to just take over the entire server.

tower chaining like oreo suggested fixes this problem. You can only expand by building towers in your own influence range, and inorder to push enemy influence you have to bash their towers

2 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

this would be good, but 2 things I would disagree with. 

1: the backup horse cr nerf thing is needed, having like 3 backup barded horses is just silly...

2: to remove hellhorses we need a smaller map then the current chaos size..

old ele 2048x2048 worked out very well

new ele we got a 4096x4096 like chaos and we all think its too big

• Like 2

yeah ill agree that the horses cr nerf was probably a good change, my b

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

tower chaining like oreo suggested fixes this problem. You can only expand by building towers in your own influence range, and inorder to push enemy influence you have to bash their towers

Yes, but that doesnt stop a kingdom from just building towers in line accross the whole server.  If land control is affected by the number of people you have it will reflect a more realistic land control this way.  Think of it like civilization, a city covers an area depending on pop.

Edited by Puertorro

Why reduce chaos size, was fine way before horses were ingame.

After meditation got introduced, pvp slowly went down hill imo.. to much commitment, make pvp fast and fun again.. not this 12month grind we currently have.. or buy accounts.. by passes the grind :)

Just now, Puertorro said:

Yes, but that doesnt stop a kingdom from just building towers in line accross the whole server.

thats what tower chaining is

thats what bashing is for

1 minute ago, Puertorro said:

Yes, but that doesnt stop a kingdom from just building towers in line accross the whole server.

in that case u gotta bash 2 towers and build one on the edge of your influence in the middle of the gap between to push into their territory

2 minutes ago, Oreo said:

thats what tower chaining is

thats what bashing is for

Yeah I agree, but it doesnt really make much difference to what we currently have.  if we do this: If land control is affected by the number of people you have it will reflect a more realistic land control this way.  Think of it like civilization, a city covers an area depending on pop. It would spark a lot more competition since no kingdom will be able to take over the server.  Unles they get 1000 people that is.

Edited by Puertorro

MAP reset is needed before any changes are applied.

Deeds/Towers can only be built in a 300 x 300 tile radius of the capitol City "Capitol cannot be changed" stop deed spam / land grabbing.

rotating Hota - randomly spawns around the map with a 1 hours  light notification. can be Sea or Land Hota or both.

once a deed is Drained you can attack the token 12 hours later and destroy it removing the deed.

Oh and MERGE those who want it from Epic to Freedom cluster :)

Let me take premium rewards to freedom. We earn these from loyalty. The cluster is so dead I can't even sell my sleep powders anymore. Let me leave this dead cluster.

Edited by Morrowen
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Oreo said:

revert archery debuff

revert minedoor change

I like all of this, but i believe there is a real solution to multi-tiered houses and cave-dwellings and bridge abuse in raids that will let us still use them. They are nice features.

I'd also like to add to remove meditation benefits in their entirety and merge the already small, dwindling, and divded PvP population. The meditation benefits have done nothing but cause problems since its introduction, and dividing the PvP population was just dumb.

Chaos size was fine before horses, as others have already said. With that in mind, id like those who did not play back then to hold off speaking an opinion about a theory related to bringing back old features such as removing towercapping. Trust me, it wasn't bad at all and the game was in a much better state.

2 hours ago, Puertorro said:

Yeah I agree, but it doesnt really make much difference to what we currently have.  if we do this: If land control is affected by the number of people you have it will reflect a more realistic land control this way.  Think of it like civilization, a city covers an area depending on pop. It would spark a lot more competition since no kingdom will be able to take over the server.  Unles they get 1000 people that is.

It does, you can see how the map was shaped in the past. A group of 15 smart people held off two larger kingdoms for the longest time. It also removes a lot of the need for towercapping deeds, combine that with making deeds more expensive to encourage people to only drop deeds in really important spots or to live in.

@TradingAltI personally think in regards to map size, if something was possible between old elevation size and new chaos size on a multicluster map it would be cool. Preferably MRH and JKH and then the PvP map. BLH was never really needed.

I also wish i cared enough to help out Buddha with his thread. I put so much time and effort into testing things and putting those in past suggestion threads just to have it completely ignored despite its support and reported so many bugs that were never handled that I just can't be bothered to play the game again, much less test things anymore.

I really think im done with Wurm for the forseeable future. This is the longest i've gone by a landslide without even having a premium account or having not logged in. It's going to take something huge to get my friends and I back to the game and I just dont see that happening for a few years at the least. I wish things were changed when they were first reported usually the day they were added, but they weren't and can't change that.

Join me in Path for the race season. Play HC.

Edited by Propheteer

3 hours ago, Oreo said:

revert archery debuff

revert minedoor change

these are all gud, i'd shorten local to maybe 40-45 tiles, put a cap on either deeds per kingdom or deeds per kingdom per sqmiles, widen hota range so that hota deeds won't be a thing, entirely reset epic and have it reset every 3-4 years or so and all characters are then teleported to freedom after each round, new maps every cycle.

have missions on homeservers give no scenario points + it doesn't affect the timers on the valrei board, remove all "craft x, build x" missions and every other mission that wouldn't make you go into enemy lands

just disable underwater building entirely, balance the valrei items so that some aren't crazy op and some aren't 100% useless, first item goes to the person with the most scenario points, secondth item goes to the one which has the secondth most, third goes to rng like the current system, scrap player gods entirely

also old elevation map should be max size, anything bigger than that and it might provoke deed cancer

Edited by changer

first, nice avatar

second, nobody would play epic after the first reset if everyone's characters got dumped to freedom

9 minutes ago, Oreo said:

first, nice avatar

second, nobody would play epic after the first reset if everyone's characters got dumped to freedom

remove them entirely then, wurm just doesn't work in the long run as the depth between new and old characters widen and the amount of resources that is available after years of playing/can be created which makes it too easy and too quick to build up again on new maps, not to mention having 12952995 backup sets of equipment 

20 minutes ago, Oreo said:

first, nice avatar

TBH, if they merge the pops into a new server then I really would have no problem if skills werent affected at all.  Maybe give a boost to the people coming from freedom to make it more balanced.  But I definitely agree that pops need to be merged in order for PVP to survive.  Its not about "reigniting" PVP at this point.  If changes are not made im afraid the entire PVP structure will collapse and freedom will be the only surviving thin in WO.

I'd honestly be ok with not having horses anymore. It would allow more strategic gameplay instead of the current meta of rush on hellhorses and gank people. (for the open field aspect)

as long as its not a map with rivers everywhere making everyone constantly using sailboats..

Edited by TradingAlt
  • Like 4

Currently sailboat PvP is as low end as it gets. Hope the new changes make a meaningful difference for boat PvP.