Sign in to follow this  
Baddbob

Enhanced Smelting / Refining

8 minutes ago, armyskin said:

I like the idea of a bonus that scales with faith

I personally think all abilities should be in proportion to skills.  Just like the anything else it is related to the level of skills required to obtain the ability

• Like 2

Maybe we can add a small thing to the process.

Imping 1kg of low ql steel with metallurgy could require the expenditure of a higher ql 1kg iron (or whichever material is appropriate) in the process.

-> imped steel ql max = max ql of iron

This would protect the mining part of it.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:49 AM, griper said:

Maybe we can add a small thing to the process.

Imping 1kg of low ql steel with metallurgy could require the expenditure of a higher ql 1kg iron (or whichever material is appropriate) in the process.

-> imped steel ql max = max ql of iron

This would protect the mining part of it.

This wouldn't be a bad idea, steel lump capped by iron lump ql used to improve the steel, mining and metallurgy skill comes into effect. Capped by metallurgy skill as well?

+1 as a plate armour smith myself having thousands of lower ql lumps is annoying when you are serious about spamming the steel.  even if it was a 10-1 conversion ratio the ability to reclaim some utility from those lumps would be great.

• Like 2

Any change of dev commentary on whether this is a workable idea?

16 hours ago, Dalvin said:

Any change of dev commentary on whether this is a workable idea?

One does not simply get comments from the devs.

34 minutes ago, griper said:

One does not simply get comments from the devs.

Given there's a lot of suggestions out there all wanting comments, it's very hard to get responses for each and every one.

Seeing how metallurgy and steel creation is relatively important to pvp life addressing this as part of the pvp revamp would be beneficial if it was a workable idea, as such a comment by the devs as to whether this is feasible would be very useful and more appropriate than a response to every suggestion which I would never ask for in any case.

While it's an interesting suggestion,between balance issues, affecting mining in general, and other development work, It's not something likely to happen.

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

While it's an interesting suggestion,between balance issues, affecting mining in general, and other development work, It's not something likely to happen.

should of thought about that b4 mining potions trolololool

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Thanks for the comment!

2 hours ago, TradingAlt said:

should of thought about that b4 mining potions trolololool

Thought the same :) Mining/WC potions have made those skills pretty much pointless to skill after certain point.

On 29-7-2016 at 2:52 AM, Oreo said:

Whats the point of finding a legit vein that is 90+ql then?

You could mine 20ql veins all day and then just refine the thousands of ore down into 90ql and never have to actually find a vein that is of utmost quality.

Opportunity cost. (The following assumes the difficulty and timers are balanced correctly) One person uses 20ql veins to refine several hundred ores to 90ql. In the same time another person mined 90ql veins and produced more 90ql ore than the person who was refining lower ql ore, and he produced ores below ql 90 which he can refine later.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2016 at 3:52 AM, Oreo said:

Whats the point of finding a legit vein that is 90+ql then?

You could mine 20ql veins all day and then just refine the thousands of ore down into 90ql and never have to actually find a vein that is of utmost quality.

-1 where do we draw the line with the enhancing of the ore - ql100? supply coming from thousands of ql20s mined with alt bot army?

how's this not op?

I do see the use for this as some deeds have trouble with finding a decent iron vein etc.. but.. how's this new idea balanced?

On 8/7/2016 at 1:21 AM, armyskin said:
On 8/5/2016 at 10:58 PM, Tallios said:
On 8/5/2016 at 9:51 PM, Etherdrifter said:

+1 if priests can do it and +2 if mag priests get a bonus to this skill (10% higher QL for the same weight loss)

I would actually agree if Mag followers could get a "deity bonus" for this. of 1% improvement bonus for every 10 faith?

Definitely a priest bonus for Mag, 

I like the idea of a bonus that scales with faith

Faith is the easiest thing to get as long you have people to listen to your blabbering about your deity every few hours, it's not even a skill which you need to level 'alone', rewarding that is a bit weird :rolleyes:.

On 7/29/2016 at 4:09 AM, Oreo said:

but what if someone skills up metallurgy.. and just totally negates mining because 'lol i can just smelt all of this down anyway'

also, your numbers have really exaggerated since the first post 1k loss from 5ql to 15ql as opposed to 500 loss from 70 > 90

you'd think it'd be the other way around

Badd, refine your idea first.

This can already be done, you can imp past the ql of your iron and smelt it.  I think it should stay the way it is, no magic "refine" option on smelting pots.

+1

This is one of the best ideas I have seen on this forum.  With the right amount of balance this would give low level miners something to do with all of the low ql lumps.  It should never be more profitable than having a high skill miner and a high ql vein but with the right conversion ratio it could be a valid alternative if one is willing to invest the time.  

• Like 1