Sign in to follow this  
Fizziepop

[Fixed] Fog spider inside my deed.

I had a fog spider on my deed, inside my farm, an enclosed outside area. There was one of the same name (Aged) that had set off the alarm of the neighboring village maybe 5-10 minutes before I saw it in my farm, so it could have teleported in rather than spawn there, though from a fair distance away (I didn't know that distance was possible). When I saw it in my farm it was full life.

When I mentioned it in Freedom chat, someone said they had a fog spider teleport inside their house. Rumor says it might be intentional that they are able to spawn inside deeds/houses, but I don't believe it.

Given the previous gameplay experience that Rolf has been happy with (to my knowledge), I highly doubt it was intentional that these things suddenly start spawning inside peoples deeds/houses. Rolf is a good guy, he wouldn't let these spiders terrorize our deeds intentionally.

Starting a new deed is nerve wracking until you get those walls up, which is why people buy the deed and then work so hard to get it done asap. Only once the walls are up can we relax and enjoy the scenery.

You pay the money and plant a deed for a safe zone. A little respite from the aggressive creatures to ensure you don't lose the skills you have gained for that day in an unnecessary death. You spend days to weeks building walls to make it safe from wandering aggressives, so that you can AFK safely when RL calls. It's a perfect balance, to allow for the unpredictability that is real life, and to allow people to choose their gameplay experience.

If these aggressive fog spiders can spawn inside deeded areas and even inside houses (or even teleport there), then why bother with building anything? Can you imagine a world with no safe zone? How is that playable? If I had to log out to afk and then log back in again, and be on the edge of my seat every moment I am in the game -- it would be an entirely different experience, and not one I'd have stuck with for more than 11 years. I have faith, it will be fixed eventually.

I don't think they spawn inside, but they happily teleport right in. I see their steaming bodies all the time inside my deed that has a templar. In other deeds too but IDK what killed them.

As I recall, it was entirely possible for mobs to actually spawn within a deed although extremely rare, though I've not heard of spawning in a house.

I've had numerous fog spiders spawn (or teleport) onto a 31x31 enclosed farm on my deed on Independence.  This is not rare, because I've seen at least half a dozen of them.

Yes the fog spiders on deed is common. In all the time I've played I think I've seen one creature appear on deed, but the fog spiders I see every week.

As several already said this can happen that you have spawns on deed.

But if you get it inside a house that not have arched walls , i mean with solid walls and having locked doors you should

post about it here in bug sections, not for on deed spawns though, because that can happen.

ps. Locked doors because humanoids is able to open doors and gates that not have a lock.

3 hours ago, moogien said:

But if you get it inside a house that not have arched walls , i mean with solid walls and having locked doors you should post about it here in bug sections, not for on deed spawns though, because that can happen.

ps. Locked doors because humanoids is able to open doors and gates that not have a lock.

Wait, spiders are not humanoid.

3 hours ago, LorraineJ said:

Wait, spiders are not humanoid.

Correct, i said that if there is humanoid spawns on a deed, not often it happens though, and have entered the house.

Locked doors and gates to be sure that any kind havent followed you inside a house, without noticing. :)

Edited by moogien

Oooh I thought you meant don't bother reporting a spider in the house.

I'll never forget when I was a newbie, a troll was after me and I ran up a hill into a gate and turned around all happy because I thought I'd escaped, and I wanted to see the troll looking sad behind the gate, and it walked right through! That, plus the first time I saw a lava fiend (busting out of a cave) were my biggest Wurm shocks.