Sign in to follow this  

I have just started playing Wurm Online and I am enjoying every minute of it. My long term goal is to have tamed my very own dragon. And i am having trouble finding information on this. Can anyone tell me what skills i need. I've noticed there is some debate between having the taming skill at 100% or becoming a priest and using the spell Dominate. I am hoping it is taming at 100% because i saw that dominating only lasts for 3 days. I am also on Freedom Isles so i dont know if that helps or not.  Any other information on taming would be helpful. And i apologize if this is in the wrong thred or if a thred exists taht covers this. Thanks.

Taming or dominating a dragon isn't possible any more (after a couple of issues arose with artifacts...). Best you can do is pen one up somewhere. Still quite a mission though if you don't happen to get lucky with one spawning near you.

As Horden said, dominating a dragon is no longer possible. However, the main issue is finding one. Dragons in Wurm online, and uniques (rare creatures like dragons, forest giants, kyklopses, and the goblin leader) only spawn once a month randomly over any server. (Note: This is not once per month per server, this is once per month with all the servers in consideration for one spawn. I.e. when it comes time to spawn a unique it wont spawn 9 of them with one on each server, it will spawn one of them on a random server. And iirc Epic is not considered in this chance as it has its own chance separate from that of Freedom). 

Now with that being said, I love to see the goals and aspirations of the new players and see their enthusiasm (even if they do seem far fetched). Someone once told me (an old friend back when I first started playing) "Your goals, to others, may seem like you are reaching for the stars, however, your ability to do something is only hindered by your determination and drive to do said thing. So reach for the stars, have goals that seem far fetched to others; because even if they seem out of this world to the peers around you, to you they seem like just another check mark on your mental list of things to accomplish." 

So I leave you with this. Even though dominating or taming a dragon is no longer possible you still have the ability to find and pen one. Weather you pen it as a pet or you pen it and hold a public fight for people to come and help you kill it (they give fun items ;) ) is up to you. But don't let a long since removed game mechanic hinder you from accomplishing your dream. 

And........ Welcome to Wurm Online!!! May you find peace and prosper in these rich resource and dream bearing lands and I hope one day to hear of your great adventures and see what you bring to this world. 

--Zachariah

1 hour ago, Hordern said:

Taming or dominating a dragon isn't possible any more (after a couple of issues arose with artifacts...). Best you can do is pen one up somewhere. Still quite a mission though if you don't happen to get lucky with one spawning near you.

I thought long-term penning wasn't legal?

10 minutes ago, Chimerical said:

I thought long-term penning wasn't legal?

There is nothing about it being legal versus non-legal. There is currently a black dragon hathling penned somewhere in the south of Independence. 

Its that it is not possible (not at least in a house, as the unique will just bash the walls and fences.)

Edited by Zachariah

well in wurm unlimited you can dominate white dragons fairly easily with 99 souls stats and channeling n such plus a 10+ cr boost probably helps keep you alive, if there was a way in wo i bet that would be it. but gl getting high soul stats in any amount of time before they change that you will also need others to heal u n such if your attempting it in wo with good shield skills and good armor etc

Just fyi, people enjoy killing dragons for their armor producing scale/hide.  If you were ever to pen one, you'd have many upset people on that server... it'd start to be very lonely there for you.