Sign in to follow this  
Wort

Lead a Large Cart

I would like to be able to lead my large cart by clicking on one the draft animals with a rope activated. I like having the large cart with me as I go out gathering resources, but sometimes it's a pain to embark every few minutes to move a few tiles.

• Like 1

Interesting suggestion indeed

embark keybinds would help too (you know, those ones that we have but they don't work)

Edited by asdf
  • Like 1

The keybinds wouldn't hurt, but they wouldn't solve the issue of being repositioned every few minutes and having to regain your bearings every time you disembark.

Not a bad idea, although I'd suggest making it slower than actually driving the thing (but still faster than dragging?), and use the same permissions and characteristic requirements as embarking.

All of those limitations seem reasonable.

saddle bags...

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 1

How many rock shards can possibly fit in saddle bags?

Isn't drag the same thing?

Sorry actually read thread this time +1

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wort said:

How many rock shards can possibly fit in saddle bags? Quite a lot! (formatting doesn't work in FF on Android)

1 hour ago, Wort said:

How many rock shards can possibly fit in saddle bags?

realistically 0

im just guessing our OP here is harvesting trees and sprouts and he has to embark/disembark alot during that, however i think it would be much more easyer to implement so that you can harvest trees and sprouts while on cart?

Seems much more logical since we can already pave from a cart so why not this aswell.

• Like 2

+1

would also be amazing to be able to do a few limited things while Embarked on the cart - such as Pick sprouts/Harvest??

there are quite a few things you can do from cart and horseback.  I think the devs don't want people to be permanently glued to a horse or cart

Peculiarity is that if the cart driving speed is less than your walking speed, you'd keep unleading it when just running for long enough.

But it would be awesome for "digsite diggedy" where you just do 20 slopes down on alot of corners, alot of repositioning yourself. If you wanna drop all the dirt into a cart directly and not accumulate piles to haul later... this would be fantastic.

And with proper gears one could make cart able to keep up with nekkid runner without enchantment on runningspeed.