Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #26 Suggestions and Starter Deeds

header.png

Hi Everyone!

Another week down, and that means it's a weekend of Wurm! But also means it's news time!

But First...

Patch Notes

Spoiler
June 30, 2016 by Retrograde
  • New Domain system added!
    • Altars will now extend their domain depending on quality.
    • Underground and above ground zones are no longer separate, instead domains will have a 50% reduction in their power in the opposing layer.
    • Metal and wood altars may now be pushed/pulled.
    • Altar creation restrictions were removed.
  • Creature spawn counts altered
    • Bison,  dogs, roosters, pheasants and hens will be a smaller amount of the total population
    • Spawn cap for horses has been increased
  • Bred creatures now have a 1 in 20 chance of giving a rare coin when killed, as opposed to the former 1 in 50 chance.
  • A minimum cool down period of one hour was added to the meditation ability Final Breath.
  • Path of Insanity followers can change path one time with no penalty via an option on the meditation rug.
  • Reduced the amount of terrain variation caused by rifts, should now not occur on corners with fences, walls, etc.
  • Tile borders will now show slope information again when examined.
  • Non-premium characters that have previously been premium will now keep their characteristic stats up to 30 on PvE servers.
  • Enchanted grass chance of reverting to grass on deeds with good ratio has been halved to have a 1 in 240 chance when an animal grazes. If the deed has a bad ratio (less than 15 tiles per animal) it has the usual 1 in 120 chance of reverting to grass. Off deed enchanted grass now has a 1 in 80 chance to revert to grass when an animal grazes.
  • Bugfix: Boulders from volcanoes will no longer become part of an item pile.
  • Bugfix: Fixed text error for brass brass ribbon on unfinished birdcage examine.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a permission bug which allowed some paving without permissions set.
  • Bugfix: Corrected the fix for source crystals being removed from veins.
  • Bugfix: Focus icon mouseover text will now update properly when focus is lost during combat.
  • Bugfix: Text error for examine of rift beast heart was fixed.
  • Bugfix: You can no longer cast dirt on a smelter.
  • Bugfix: Pick up items and pick up planted permission are no longer needed in order to fill a lamp inside a building.
  • Bugfix: Plugged a few loopholes for trading new player tents.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a text error with socketed rings.
  • Bugfix: Traders and Merchants will once again stay on the the same story where placed instead of falling to the ground level.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a text error when burying a body at sea.
  • Bugfix: Attempting to send mail to a server that is offline will no longer attempt to send and then destroy your mail.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug with no drop items remaining in locked chests upon death.
  • Bugfix: Fix for cakes not cooling down when removed from a heat source.
  • Bugfix: Increased the tolerance for lag when moving on vehicles, random dismounts when riding on a horse or other vehicle should occur less often.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug to prevent rejected mail being auto-sent back to the person who rejected it if not picked up by the original sender. If the original sender does not retrieve the rejected mail, it will be deleted after 2 weeks.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a respawn issue on Deliverance and added code to prevent it from happening elsewhere. If a spawn point does not satisfy requirements (above water, not too steep, empty) It will not show.
  • Bugfix: Dirt spell will no longer terraform Rift terrain.
  • Bugfix: Can no longer cast dirt in a tent while in inventory.
  • Bugfix: Converting to HOTS only sets you to Libila and faith to 1 if you are coming from Fo, Magranon or Vynora.

The starter deed makeovers
The starter deed works on Green Dog, The Howl, and Esteron have been completed, with projects soon starting in Linton, and a Glasshollow design too! The completed deeds all look amazing, and I strongly advise checking them out if you live in the area, or just jump on an alt!

The green Dog redesign has been chronicled here:

Domains
Yesterday saw the new domain system go live. Unfortunately this caused some issues with Xanadu and led to horrendous lag. It took a little bit to identify the issue causing the lag, but in the end we managed to bring it down and revert to the old domain system. The new system should come back on Xanadu in next weeks update, and we'll be on hand to ensure it runs smoothly this time.

Suggestions & Ideas
Some may have noticed that a number of popular suggestions have been implemented this week and we'll continue to work on these, providing feedback when we can and also confirming when one will be included. Suggestions that include art changes or additions may be a little more difficult, as well as those which may touch on current projects, so please keep this in mind when making suggestions and wondering why there hasn't been any feedback or they haven't been implemented.

Epic HoTA Revamp.
We are in the process of sprucing up the Epic hota zone, clearing out a lot of the chestnut trees and bringing some life into the hunt. Our GM's are working on improving it to make it easier, and most importantly, more fun for those who take part.

Community Content

Deedplanner updates.
Warlander has updated Deedplanner once again, and now has the option of designing cave dwellings! While it is not possible to output the cave layer from the token, hopefully this feature helps you all design your dream underground homes.

Pavement Designs

One of our GM's, Jberg has designed an amazing heart or braided pavement, he's also included a handy little how to for those looking to recreate or emulate the design, I've always loved seeing pavement patterns and designs, and we want to hear about yours!

Check it out here:

That's it for this week, we'll be continuing to monitor the suggestions forum, as well as working on a lot of things in the background, a few projects are shaping up and nearing a time when we can begin to showcase them, so I'm really keen to see how they go!

• Like 7

Yay, an improved HotA on epic for the 3 people that use it.

Still no PvP updates?

• Like 7

Not to announce yet, as they come they'll come through the test server first

7 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Suggestions & Ideas
Some may have noticed that a number of popular suggestions have been implemented this week and we'll continue to work on these, providing feedback when we can and also confirming when one will be included. Suggestions that include art changes or additions may be a little more difficult, as well as those which may touch on current projects, so please keep this in mind when making suggestions and wondering why there hasn't been any feedback or they haven't been implemented.

What happen to the dozen or more suggestion made to PvP, supported by basically the whole pvp population ? 

9 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Epic HoTA Revamp.
We are in the process of sprucing up the Epic hota zone, clearing out a lot of the chestnut trees and bringing some life into the hunt. Our GM's are working on improving it to make it easier, and most importantly, more fun for those who take part.

11/10 update there, totally needed will completely revive epic and its population. 

Come on each update news is more of a joke, instead of addressing real deeming issues you keep looking for alternatives to try and appease people. Are you trying to make us forget about the hours we spent talking to you, thinking of balanced suggestions to make and improve a aspect of the game you guys seem content in just letting die ? Seriously I haven't posted in the last few news thread because you guys basically haven't said anything, and I am content with nothing being said. But this is a major slap in the face of all the people that remotely care about the pvp aspect and want it fixed. lts better to just not say anything since you arent really changing anything thats remotely close to what needs to be done, instead of insulting the pvp community with these pathetic changes and empty promises. 

• Like 6

A great change 100% needed done, but a little late to do much good unfortunately at this point.  Also anyone else remember the last HOTA fix hopefully your a little more careful this time no more box mountains =D?

7f49d5f16015f76e00257da23a7fe061.png

• Like 8

Thank you Egard.  I'm so irritated with this weeks news that I cannot yet make a politically correct post to convey my frustration.

• Like 1

thanks for the meditation fix even though as soon as i had done it i wondered if i had done the right thing.. hehehe.. aint that funny about hopes and all that./.

• Like 1

I don't understand why GMs are getting involved in the sandbox aspect of HoTA after almost a year and a half of it being considered acceptable. If the participants want less trees why don't they cut them down like all the other participants who came before them? It's not a case of unfixable terrain like HoTA on the old map, it's just trees which any player or alt can cut down and sand over. Removing trees from the area isn't going to magically bring any players back and currently there's no competition for HoTA as there's only one active kingdom and Elevation's population is at an all time low, unable to break 25 concurrent premium players online since March.

This just feels like the same problem that's existed for years of focusing on retaining the players who currently play with bandaid changes instead of trying to bring in new players or getting old players to return by fixing the problems that drove them away in the first place. There's been a pocket full of promised changes "coming soon" for the last few months but the rate at which they're being delivered compared to the rate at which Epic is hemorrhaging players doesn't bold well for anybody.

Also, what Darklords said.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Epic HoTA Revamp.

Wow, just wow

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Epic HoTA Revamp.

can i get gms to use enlightenment on me now because thats broken too? and the way it is its no fun either? brb, gotta file a ticket.

Edited by Arium

Guys... Just... Just... Wurm Unlimited already. It's obvious its gonna take CC another 6-24 month's to even consider pushing out a PvP fix since it took them what, a year+ now just to clean the hota a little bit. i can't even fathom what a pvp-overhaul would take. 

And since Deso is down as far as i know, go hop on Wyvern PvP as Kaen 1st seems pretty confident atm with there medium-large numbers(20-30 active players and several deeds). There ready to take on the world.

1 hour ago, akaedis said:

Guys... Just... Just... Wurm Unlimited already. It's obvious its gonna take CC another 6-24 month's to even consider pushing out a PvP fix since it took them what, a year+ now just to clean the hota a little bit. i can't even fathom what a pvp-overhaul would take. 

And since Deso is down as far as i know, go hop on Wyvern PvP as Kaen 1st seems pretty confident atm with there medium-large numbers(20-30 active players and several deeds). There ready to take on the world.

what happened to deso

So Gary and Sme do the HOTA Once and are like....

MAN that is a lot of trees.

Lets clear em

• Like 10

Lol, the timing is funny with MR doing the hotas xD but really they aren't going to clear cut on the word of three people...

We have threads dedicated to it - and if three people did somehow have a influence on that then so what, we all benefit and should bow to the tree-destroyers xD

Hota [on ele] and the Hota game in general being improved should be considered a short-time quick fix to go hand in hand with the new pvp updates, cause one wont work without the other, but glad you listened, +100

Edited by Mclovin

well hota is far from the only reason to go to the middle island but I voted against gm/dev intervention in the poll in epic section and still against it and still not interested in hota so

wtb chestnut sprouts

• Like 3

Stared my olive sprout farm and then I actually went and looked at HotA and I stopped farming sprouts because they changes seem pretty nice so far.

If we're getting a Glasshollow revamp, make sure to keep or upgrade the connecting roads and the sermon site.  My toons regularly visit the deed and would love to see Glasshollow have some actual glass though.

3 hours ago, Huntar said:

what happened to deso

it resets. im not sure if its back up yet or not, its been a little while since iv checked that server

Deso 4 will be out in around 6 weeks, Nappys extremely busy IRL atm

• Like 2

no tweak or small change will bring any large number of players back to epic, perhaps if it happened 1-2 years ago it might have been a different story, what is needed now in order to gain population is a full scale reset of the entire cluster which will give it life for another few years until we're at this same point

Edited by changer
  • Like 4

Can we get any info on new cloth items, please? The last time we got a picture was like 15 months ago! Seriously. I have been asking this for quite some time now, but never got any kind of response.

Since i didn't get any kind of response once again, i'll just ask, once more, for a statement about new cloth clothing items.

Cheers

On 7/1/2016 at 9:24 PM, JakeRivers said:

Wow, just wow

:)

Edited by Mclovin

21 hours ago, Rhianna said:

Deso 4 will be out in around 6 weeks, Nappys extremely busy IRL atm

Annnd! I am REALLY excited for DESO 4. There are some REALLY awesome ideas coming down the pipeline!

• Like 1