Sign in to follow this  
LordDan

Randomly Spawning Boulders (Adamantine, Glimmersteel)

Introduction

I was playing around in single player using the Ebony Wand. Specifically Specials->Create. I noticed within this list there are two objects entitled "boulder". Upon placing these objects I learned they are Adamantine and Glimmersteel boulders respectively to the list.

What I'd like

I have never seen these spawn naturally within any world, so I would like to see a mod that will spawn these in naturally around the world (assuming they don't already and I've just never been lucky enough to find them.) From what I can tell they drop a single, random QL (probably based on mine skill?) ore of 5 weight and then the boulder vanishes. Being able to have these randomly spawn around the world in the same way as Spawners and Source Wells would be an interesting addition to the exploration value of our worlds; if of course it's doable. 

Fair use

I have no interest in paying for exclusivity of any mods. If you wish to develop on this idea I'd like to see it publicly for all to use should to choose to release it.

Edited by LordDan

they usually spawn around volcanoes on pvp servers

but i agree a simple mod that makes em spawn like treasure chests around the world would be nice

btw there is a mod that lets you get some of this metal randomly while mining and also you can generate those metals in the underground layer in the form of veins

1 hour ago, Aum said:

they usually spawn around volcanoes on pvp servers

but i agree a simple mod that makes em spawn like treasure chests around the world would be nice

btw there is a mod that lets you get some of this metal randomly while mining and also you can generate those metals in the underground layer in the form of veins

I have the mod that drops them randomly already. I believe if was Moon Metal Mining or something? I'd happily use the boulders alongside it though as I think anything that makes exploring the world more interesting is a bonus.