Sign in to follow this  
Pashka

Fountain pan Replacements

Well.....right around 4 months left on the rifts.  I haven't seen or heard anything mentioned that will be a replacement for them.  Any news?  Care to let us know what kind of ideas are being kicked around?  Any eta on any implementation of this?

• Like 6

Smelters & Some pottery containers i cant remember the name of. This was discussed awhile back iirc

I thought that amphoras were the replacement for them no? Fairly certain that since they were a bugged item, no direct replacement for such mass storing was going to be offered.

Bugged item which was said to remain because they were "legacy" items. No need to twist it :P

• Like 5

Bugged or not is not the issue anymore.  They were supposed to be working on a replacement item for them.  The amphoras only replace their ability to hold large amounts of liquid.  They do not replace the ability for me to store large amounts of items inside.  Nor do they replace the ability for me to store those items that hold large amounts of items inside a magic chest for storage.  We could put containers inside the fountains to hold even more items inside each fountain pan.  They were also able to be used for large storage inside a forge for smithing.  The liquid replacement was only a very small part for many of us.

• Like 2

Suck it up, and enjoy what you have for the few months remaining.

I'd simply love to see no decay on items, which can't be used in a crafting recipe, while they are on deed. It would improve the game so much, as those are the types of items which people generally spend time on to repair and repairing isn't exactly the most exciting feature ever...

• Like 4

Bad business to say something is going to stay in game then go back on their word. Also part of the discussion was giving compensation to those currently holding them. I didn't buy one until after legacy items were said to be left in game.

A suggestion made by the dev team was to give large magic chests to those currently holding these containers. I for one wouldn't mind that as compensation.

• Like 4

Anyone in need of about 25 unstable source rifts?

Hopefully when the rifts break all the items will just drop into the container they are already in, in which case please continue, my items will forever be in my magical chest.

• Like 1

According to what I saw in the WU code items will drop on ground if they don't fit

At least everyone online will get a refresh and a full heal... What a fair compensation

We need better storage still, coffins are not that great.

you know i dont care about the functionality more than i care about the fact that i bought this item and im now going to lose out. How can you let a glitched items be sold on this website then turn around and take them away. If it was such a bad item then it should have been deemed an exploit 9 years ago. When is the hammer going to come down on all the other items in game that are different than the items that are currently attainable?

I dont know, i think what burns me the most is the fact they wont fess up and admit they told everyone "legacy" items would stay in the game.

• Like 1

Well.....They called them legacy too.  So you never know when they will be taken out.  Just enjoy them while you can.  I do care about the functionality.  Just hope that all the talk about something to replace them wasn't smoke.

Iirc, there was the promise to make all items on deed without decay. Can't find the old thread saying that at this time, but I hope this is being worked on.

There was also the promise to enlarge magic chests to hold more items. Again a half hearted "fix" we seens with amphoras and large barrels enabled to pickup.  Skewed viewpoint here I've also bought one for quite a pile of silvers when these were considered as legacies yet... then flipped to trash a few days later.

The talk of replacing them was in terms of the functionality that isn't available by other means (such as painting the largest boats), not the functionality that adds a tardis effect to any container. We'll be looking into some more things to replace their useful (and not broken) functionality before we take them out, but don't expect to keep the ability of expanding any container to stupidly huge storage.

• Like 11

I did expect to not be able to store as much as I have in there but I did expect something.  There was talk about no decay on deeds for some items (it would be nice for it to include any item like tools and such). There was talk of expanding the magic chests.  There was talk of several things.  I think we have all seen the neat item on WU.....   I do understand that painting the boats was what most people wanted to do with them that didn't have one although I'm still not seeing or hearing of alot of painted boats.  The liquid side was just not what I used mine for.  Some help please?

21 hours ago, JudusX said:

Bad business to say something is going to stay in game then go back on their word. Also part of the discussion was giving compensation to those currently holding them. I didn't buy one until after legacy items were said to be left in game.

A suggestion made by the dev team was to give large magic chests to those currently holding these containers. I for one wouldn't mind that as compensation.

I keep hearing people say that Rolf promised never to remove fountain pans, but I've never seen one bit of evidence at all. Not a forum post, not some old thing from Google's cache, nothing.

Just saying.

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

I keep hearing people say that Rolf promised never to remove fountain pans, but I've never seen one bit of evidence at all. Not a forum post, not some old thing from Google's cache, nothing.

Just saying.

I don't think it even matters whether he said. What matters is what he didn't say. He left the item in game for almost 10 years, while people often traded them for large amounts of silver. This started soon after it wasn't possible to make them any more, yet as far as I know he didn't state that they would be removed at some point, even after several years had already past. He could have warned the players at any time that these items aren't such a good investment because they might be removed at some point. People who weren't around back when you could still make the fountain pans likely didn't even know all that much about their history and might have bought some simply for the advantages they offered. Rolf should simply have removed them right away, yet he didn't.

I'd just like to see the decay on deed improved, with less items decaying (like fences and walls) so people can spend less time on maintenance and more time on actually playing the game. Then I won't at all mind losing mine.

It's like buying something and then some time later the seller informs you that you can use the item for one more year before he will come to take it back. And of course you're not getting your money back because it's already gone. How'd you like that?

• Like 2

It doesn't even matter if he said it or didn't at this point.  This isn't a topic to rehash what has been done.  It is to find out what is going to be done.  I could give a ###### about all the folks that are pissed they didn't have one.  They are all going away. 

• Like 2

What was going to be done was done, enough of this nonsense, they were killed and replaced with larger containers for liquids/solids.

Don't need a new topic each time the expiry date kicks over.

• Like 1