Sign in to follow this  
polarbear

Fixed::: WU sound is much louder than WO sound volume

Note: This might be considered a client bug, if so it can be moved over... 

Not sure if this constitutes a bug, but mind as well speak up. I have noticed that when playing WU with my headset, I can not turn the volume up in settings past 20-30% without "blowing my ear drums out". With WO I have the volume set at 100% and can barely hear a thing. This just may be the difference on how steam runs sounds and is not a bug, but I thought I bring it up. 

Edited by polarbear

In case this is still an issue:

Dumb question, but you're sure the Windows volume mixer doesn't have the volume turned down for one, but not the other?

I'd run WO, check the mixer, then do the same with WU, to see if there's any difference.

One sound in particular is extra loud in WU, the farmed tile grow to next stage sound. It's a bird chirp, in WO it's probably considered background noise. In WU, crop timers are fixed, not random, so all crops grow at once. So that means WU plays the sound for every tile planted at the same time all at once. It is so loud I actually went and figured out what was causing the sound. It also helped me realize how fast the crop timers I set was (crops went from seedling to ruined in a day).

Edited by Kelody