Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Mail Limitations

+1 to remove mail limit

Edited by Neville

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:06 AM, Cista said:

-1, I would like to see more restrictions on the mail system, not less.

All the Quality of Life "improvements" like cheap mailing or teleporting ships, have so far only led to more players leaving Wurm.  

So reducing the cost to mail items from 10 copper to 1 copper has led to players leaving Wurm? People don't like spending less to mail items back and forth? The lowered mailing cost has not encouraged more trade by mail? This is a very significant savings of 18 copper to send just one item back and forth, much less several or more. The removal of the 10 mailing limit per item fits right in with this concept to make it even more player friendly and less expensive. Strange thinking process you have there.

I can agree though that if player ships teleport away when players try to board them it can be frustrating. Not too sure why Devs thought this teleporting ships away from you was a good thing, so you got a good point on that one.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

So I really would like to get my rare huge axed imp'd up for a spare, since I bought a new one recently. I have heard that in some cases even though the counter is a big red zero people can still mail that item, in my case it is not like that. Be nice to see the counter removed from the game.

When I recive a mail, can I see how many sends the item has before I accept it?

13 minutes ago, Cecci said:

When I recive a mail, can I see how many sends the item has before I accept it?

As far as I know only way to check is to receive the item then put it in the mailbox and hit send to see the counter. So that new sword you bought may of been around the block a time or two and you just bought something with a Zero counter if they sold it off with one mailing left.

Noobs like me had absolutely no idea about this limitation. I only played about three years.

Do I really have to read every single topic in forums to discover this, how about some text in the mail that informs us non-merchants?

This also means that my ten toons can't share that great tool/weapon/armour I have any longer. (yep I had yet not discovered some are no longer mailable)

Like the armour I use at rifts and hunts for example, that Pingvinen lent me. I used up his ten sends...

I feel ripped off somehow. :(

I can't even get the enchantment redone on my hammer, unless I hand deliver it to my favorite vyn priest, which I really don't have the time to deal with.

WDjAT4X.jpg?1

Take this mailing limit off already! Leave it on PvP if it's so damn important there. And let us mail everything. If a person thinks mailing is too easy or unrealistic, then don't use the mailbox and feel free to spend a few hours delivering stuff all over the place. I'm so tired of people worrying about how other people play. The only reasons off PvP for this are damn selfish. Look what the the selfish PvP individuals of the PvP crowd did to their own community. Do you want 24 players on PvP and 24 on PvE?

Waaaa I don't have enough people to bully or sell things to, FORCE other servers to be open to my abuse, and make people interact with me. *I* want this so *you* have to play this way. *I* enjoy making people feel like crap so I want the facility to abuse others, and I always want to carry my selfishness as far as I can. I'm killing a farm full of horses on PvE, owned by a person who's never engaged in "warfare" with me. Shall I kill a few? Many? All but two so they can operate a cart? Leave one as a mount? NO. I'll kill every single one. Some of these people don't know when to stop, and when you're playing on PvP with them, you're stuck with them forever because they come to know your team's "secrets."

Selfish people don't build a community. Learn from it. You can't profit from making people do boring and useless stuff in a game they are playing to entertain themselves.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LorraineJ said:

Take this mailing limit off already! Leave it on PvP if it's so damn important there. And let us mail everything. If a person thinks mailing is too easy or unrealistic, then don't use the mailbox and feel free to spend a few hours delivering stuff all over the place. I'm so tired of people worrying about how other people play. The only reasons off PvP for this are damn selfish. Look what the the selfish PvP individuals of the PvP crowd did to their own community. Do you want 24 players on PvP and 24 on PvE?

Waaaa I don't have enough people to bully or sell things to, FORCE other servers to be open to my abuse, and make people interact with me. *I* want this so *you* have to play this way. *I* enjoy making people feel like crap so I want the facility to abuse others, and I always want to carry my selfishness as far as I can. I'm killing a farm full of horses on PvE, owned by a person who's never engaged in "warfare" with me. Shall I kill a few? Many? All but two so they can operate a cart? Leave one as a mount? NO. I'll kill every single one. Some of these people don't know when to stop, and when you're playing on PvP with them, you're stuck with them forever because they come to know your team's "secrets."

Selfish people don't build a community. Learn from it. You can't profit from making people do boring and useless stuff in a game they are playing to entertain themselves.

Jesus christ where did this rant even come from

I don't know a single pvp player that gives a damn about the mailing limits

• Like 4

Think it came from the memory of Sirlaw and what he did to her horses. She should realise most pvpers were disgusted by his behaviour.

• Like 2