Sign in to follow this  
Sirene

Secure the loot of branded horses

I know that people that like to steal horse equipments on rifts will scream at me probably, but why are branded horses lootable for everyone? You can not steal a branded horse, so wouldnt it make sense to also make the loot of the dead corpse secure for some time/ 1 hour or so too? That would prevent the stealing of horse equipment on the rifts, people had the chance to get the stuff back at least for the time the rift is on. As it is now, people will use their horses without any good gear, or with none. Thats ok, but why are peoples corpses secure then? For me its not logical. Either we want people to be able to loot other peoples stuff, like in many other MMOs and on PVP server, or PVE will not allow it, then why horse equipment? I know, people that like stealing will now say: Its good to have the thrill you could loose something, but hey there is enough thrill in the fact that loosing skills from dying is there. And for more of that everyone could go to PVP if they like to loot others and to be looted? The thing is, that I only find it not so great to be able to put on high quality gear on a person, but to ride a crappy horse with no gear into the battle on the other hand.

Also it makes no sense to put some protection on the horse because, you will probably loose it. Horse armour makes nearly no sense on PVE at the moment because it will only slow the horse down. Here it could be cool to make and use it, but only a view people would take the risk to do so, most people will have stuff stolen sometimes and only use horses with bad gear in the battle. For my taste eigher both (people and horses) are lootable, or none. What do you think?

Edited by Sirene
  • Like 21

I suggest any rift where something like this happens everyone should check their event logs and find the thief, confront and post their names here so we can KoS the thief.  Anyone who would steal someones equipment at a community event deserves nothing less than shame and to be shunned.

• Like 8

yeah our ally lost 4 rare horseshoes yesterday, something should be changed

• Like 2

I go to the point that I lead a separate low trait horse to the rifts as I would also be sad to lose my primary 5 speeders. I go into the battles with a saddle only. First step is that every participant must be aware horse and gear can be lost, and to bring a disposable mount until the equipment is safe. At least proximity protection should work - like when you drop an item and stay near to it.

• Like 2

A big +1 from me. I had know idea you could do that.

• Like 1

I was actually just going to bump an old post about this the other day. Protected corpses for horses would be great!

• Like 3

+1 because of freedom reasons. most people dont seem to like to interact with any kind of person who'd join them for the rift and could grab their corpse/horse corpse in case of death.

-1 because i got a feeling this would be pushed without proper testing and would give a new bunch of horse-permission problems on pvp servers. (we can still not start leading horses on enemy deeds except our own, the manage>animals option is still completely disabled because of permission problems in the past. just to give some examples)

+1 since I know a lot of people who lost items to rift horse looters

• Like 1

You have the most amazing system for horses on freedom, chaos does not get this option.

When your horse is branded you can remove the gear at will, yes amazing isn't it. No more need to tame your horse to remove the gear to repair it.

If you can't remember to remove the gear from your horse for a rift event, or swap out for a disposable horse you deserve to loose your gear. (especially when you are at a public event with dozens of strangers in attendance)

This is no different than wheeling up to a unique kill in a cart which you stashed all your gear in and also forgot to put a lock on it.

Edited by JakeRivers

57 minutes ago, Arium said:

most people dont seem to like to interact with any kind of person who'd join them for the rift and could grab their corpse/horse corpse in case of death.

I dont see any interaction between me and a person that while I died and was running back to my horse, grabs the saddle and dissapeared. People actually want and enjoy to do stuff with other people other then against other people... there is a difference and the reason why one or another chooses PVE or PVP. Of course people are like they are and for some a saddle in good quality or rare horseshoes might be the best loot of a rift they could get... .

But thats not the point, everyone could live with the situation. But, because no one is stupid more than the first time, most people after such an experience will come with a bare horse next time. And that is what is a bit of a wast of the nice possibilities the game offers with all that available barding and other nice items that could horses be equipped with. For what else is barding for example useful in PvE? Nothing. Here it could serve a purpose. 

Edited by Sirene
  • Like 2

It has to be implemented on PvE. And add protection from accidental "Bury All" on the horse corpse.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sirene said:

People actually want and enjoy to do stuff with other people other then against other people... there is a difference and the reason why one or another chooses PVE or PVP.

8 minutes ago, Sirene said:

And that is what is a bit of a wast of the nice possibilities the game offers with all that available barding and other nice items that could horses be equipped with. For what else is barding for example useful in PvE? Nothing. Here it could serve a purpose. 

+1.  And these are two excellent reasons (among others). 

I hadn't thought about it, but that's a very good point about barding having a usefulness on pve.

And the fact that pve people generally play mmos to play with others rather than against and choose pve servers for that reason, is a fact that seems to escape some folks for some reason.  Theft and looting of other people's belongings belongs on pvp only, imo. 

• Like 3

seems like rifts events are too poor for looters and they take what they can

• Like 1

barding is not going to save your horse from a rift mob, maybe buy it some time for a friend to lead it out of the circle of doom

On 26.6.2016 at 4:23 PM, JakeRivers said:

If you can't remember to remove the gear from your horse for a rift event, or swap out for a disposable horse you deserve to loose your gear.

You can trust me, nobody is stupid. That happens once then everyone will go with a blank horse into the rift next time. But that is not what a lot of player (it seems) like. And I am not going even into argumenting about what people in your opinion "deserve". That would lead us to the point what those looters deserve in my opinion and you for shure dont want to read that ;-) .

Infact its not even possible to attack a looter of the corpse. In every MMO I know a looter of corpses would be able to get attacked. So here, someone can just loot your horse right before your eyes and you can nothing do about this. 

You could easily camp a rift with an alt-char that nobody can connect with your main, wait, loot and even when you die because you are weak... no problem you can collect your own corpses later because they are not lootable. This way you can rob all horses without a single risk for you, your reputation or your skills. Thats something that really is not in balance here.

Edited by Sirene
  • Like 3

+1.0007

I don't see any problem with securing branded or tamed animal corpses the same way player corpses are secured, at least on PvE.

+1 for PVE servers; branded horses should only be lootable by people in that village or who have manage equipment permissions on the horse.

On 6/27/2016 at 10:13 AM, Sirene said:

You can trust me, nobody is stupid. That happens once then everyone will go with a blank horse into the rift next time. But that is not what a lot of player (it seems) like. And I am not going even into argumenting about what people in your opinion "deserve". That would lead us to the point what those looters deserve in my opinion and you for shure dont want to read that ;-) .

Infact its not even possible to attack a looter of the corpse. In every MMO I know a looter of corpses would be able to get attacked. So here, someone can just loot your horse right before your eyes and you can nothing do about this. 

You could easily camp a rift with an alt-char that nobody can connect with your main, wait, loot and even when you die because you are weak... no problem you can collect your own corpses later because they are not lootable. This way you can rob all horses without a single risk for you, your reputation or your skills. Thats something that really is not in balance here.

Yeah, looter free for all with no repercussions. PvP can kill them and rarely consider that our only option is to nicely call them nice things in local because cussing them is a worse punishment than being a thief.

Thievery can be a part of many games but in this instance thieving is a win-win action with no come back as there would potentially be on PvP servers or on-deed. This surely cannot have been part of the plan? It seems that many players come to their end against the Rift creatures, they do not deserve to have additional, sometimes significant extra losses

I like the idea of branded horses being loot-secured, regardless of Rifts or any other place they might die.

A owned (similar to branded) cart/wagon/ship etc. cannot be looted by others if properly secured, why shouldn't horses (at least on PvE servers) follow the same rule? It goes the same for a player's corpse too, on PvE, only those allowed can loot it.

Has a big +1 from me.

• Like 1

If possible it might be helpful to have an option in friends list, or somewhere to allow someone(s) of your choosing to loot your horse?

Granted everyone probably respawns close to where their horse died but just thinking if you want someone else to grab your stuff.

Otherwise, yes, +1.  Freedom should have protections.  Unsavory characters should bring that to Chaos and/or Epic.  That's the kind of behavior those realms are made for as having something stolen will foster more murder-death-kill-pvp.

Yepper, I also went to a Rift event recently and was under the false impression, as I found out, that when you die and your horse gets killed that others somehow are able to steal everything off your horse. I came back to find Nothing on my horse, no saddle, no shoes and I had branded the horse too. They need to fix permissions to at least act as a corpse since the horse is the only animal that uses equipment.