Sign in to follow this  
TradingAlt

Disable No Characteristic loss for non prems on pvp

so this got put in.

Non premium changes

One of the suggestions raised in Factional Fights' video was how returning players struggle due to characteristics being reduced to 20, after a discussion among the dev team, we've decided to remove the reduction of characteristics! This means a player who has previously been premium, but since lost premium does not have their characteristics capped at 20, just their skills. This means they may pilot a boat, ride a horse, and carry their tools (provided they could before!). This will go live in the next update, and hopefully make returning to Wurm that little bit easier to get back into.

what needs to be done is this needs to be disabled on PVP servers or it will be abused by people. 

Problems that incur because of this are:

1. scout alts on horses

2. non prem alts bashing towers.

3. non prem alts catapulting deeds.

4. general griefing that accounts with stats can do.

Please remove this from pvp servers.

• Like 11

+1 just so many ways this will go wrong...I don't even want to list my thoughts to give anyone ideas

+1 f2p on epic has been seemingly ok, very little abuse.  This however opens the door for something probably very bad

Nothing good comes of having this able to be done on PvP...

+1

+1 this is asking for far more trouble on PvP servers

There are issues with behaviour on alts and while there have been limitations in the past (Such as the no local) I think that more needs to be done to address them as a whole rather than limiting this. Allowing older players who return to move, sail and have some form of easing back in is handy and this may be an opportunity to address other concerns raised too.

It should be fairly evident, but I will raise this with the development team and see if we can identify a solution that benefits both returning players, and PvPers.

• Like 1

I expected the self proclaimed "PvP expert" developer to have at least noticed the impact on PvP from this change, lol.

Edited by Redd

+1 MR and JK finally agree on something after 10 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

There are issues with behaviour on alts and while there have been limitations in the past (Such as the no local) I think that more needs to be done to address them as a whole rather than limiting this. Allowing older players who return to move, sail and have some form of easing back in is handy and this may be an opportunity to address other concerns raised too.

It should be fairly evident, but I will raise this with the development team and see if we can identify a solution that benefits both returning players, and PvPers.

Great.  Until a better solution is reached, put a hold on the implementation of no characteristic loss.  You have acknowledged and agreed that this is an issue, so there is no reason the devs should move forward with the proposal.

Compromise isn't going to work easily on this one.  While you may come up with some form of "compromise" to disallow an alt from being able to embark on a horse/wagon on Chaos, said alt may be able to command a knarr on Freedom, sail it to Chaos and still be in the driver's seat.  While I know this is trivial compared to the other potential forms of abuse that this ridiculous idea brings, it still bears mentioning.

How often do both clusters and all Kingdoms agree!? This is clearly an obviously easily ah usable change that we should avoid allowing people to abuse, it easily subverts several previous changes meant to keep non premium accounts from grieving. 

• Like 2

Or you know.. Add the old system back where sub 20fs drop affinities, fs and rank... 

5 hours ago, Redd said:

Or you know.. Add the old system back where sub 20fs drop affinities, fs and rank... 

While this could be helpful... it's easy to abuse in many ways

Add a new way to pop tabs giving the same rewards as a 20fs tab kill.  How?  Well this change wants to let people ride horses and stuff..... so

IF you have 20.00fs, death tab

IF you have 21.00 body control, death tab

IF you have 21.00 body strength, death tab

This way even an alt with 1.00 fs riding a horse can still suffer the same penalties as dying with 20fs, while also not really encouraging camping day old noobs.  Edit: added 21 body strength for those that bash

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 5

I don't believe alts going in death tabs is going to stop people from exploiting them in substitution of risking their mains for it.

Fundamentally, this change furthers the use for alts on PvP servers, which I am 110% against.  You shouldn't even be able to log in on Chaos if you are non-premium, but I feel more strongly about this than most.

well guess its time to load the carts up and start bashing towers!

+1 I don't like cheapskates.

Edited by Shamgar

I find it strange that people post cool ideals everyday in the suggested thread and these 2 guys (FF Brothers) make a 1hour show and their opinions are more relevant than all the suggestions here. Slightly disappointed.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Shamgar said:

I find it strange that people post cool ideals everyday in the suggested thread and these 2 guys (FF Brothers) make a 1hour show and their opinions are more relevant than all the suggestions here. Slightly disappointed.

Preach!

• Like 2

I agree with this for Chaos and Elevation, though I feel like it may have a place on the homeservers.