Sign in to follow this  
Qdlaty

Xanadu sermon at H17 Maes Knoll

Ok I I've just spent exactly 2 weeks here. Started with 30 faith and no experience as a priest. Today ended at my goal of 70 faith so I can cast genesis and with a great understanding of how sermons are run. 

Qdlaty I've now left with Malena and Shalestina. Thank you so much for everything and good luck with all of your goals and happy sermoning till the end!

• Like 1

So, Sirene is now fit to get priested, so make me on the way to your Sermon place now.

Edited by Sirene
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Malena said:

Ok I I've just spent exactly 2 weeks here. Started with 30 faith and no experience as a priest. Today ended at my goal of 70 faith so I can cast genesis and with a great understanding of how sermons are run. 

Qdlaty I've now left with Malena and Shalestina. Thank you so much for everything and good luck with all of your goals and happy sermoning till the end!

Thank You for coming and staying with us for that time and  ...i can promise i won't be killing horses ...so often hehe

• Like 1

This instruction was made by Malena, but i've bought copy right for it :)

This is for new priests, followers at our place or willing to come over

Original link is here http://andrea.net/wurm/docs/sermon_rules.html

How sermons work

Why should I join a Sermon Group?

Without a sermon group, you can only pray 5 times per day, but with a sermon group you get 2 amazing benefits:

1. Every time you do a sermon, in other words every time you "preach" to the group, you will reset the daily prayer counter and get to do 5 more prayers!
  2. You will also gain quite a bit of faith when preaching (the more premium followers and priests around the more faith you get)
  • The best case scenario would be that you could do many sermons a day, resetting your daily prayers each time, resulting in tons of prayers/faith gains per day instead of just 5.
  • What would have taken you months to do normally, with a sermon group you can get done in weeks.

How can I participate in the sermon queue?

1. When you log on or arrive to the group, ask if there are any free spots in the queue. Never start preaching on your own.
  2. Priests are usually added to the queue according to how long they've been waiting for a chance to preach, so that's why you will be put to the end of the queue unless there happened to be a free slot in the middle
  3. If there is room in the queue, a spot will be assigned to you and whoever is taking care of the queue will post when your turn is
  4. Try and stick around for other people so they get better gains, and they will stick around for you to get better gains. It's all teamwork!
  5. Once your turn comes up, be attentive and vigilant. Make sure you are around to do your sermon.
  6. If you are AFK when it's your turn, others will attempt to "wake you up" by doing voice emotes or sending PMs, if you don't wake up - your turn will be given to the next in line and you will go to the end of the queue. We must keep the queue rolling for it to be fair for everyone.

When it's my turn, how do I preach / conduct a sermon?

• Make sure you have premium time
  • Make sure it is your turn in the queue, never do a sermon without asking first whose turn it is
  • Make sure your alignment timer is up (use Wurm Assistant to check)
  • Make sure you are standing within 4 tiles of the altar and the rest of the priests
  • Make sure you have a Statuette in your inventory
  • Activate the statuette and right click the altar of your god > Choose "Preach"
  • Once you have finished preaching, check your Event tab and copy paste your Faith skill result into the local chat with the /me command so it will stand out.
    Like so:
    /me [23:06:12] Faith increased by 0,1400 to 64,0621

Once pasted, it should be a yellow color and look something like this:

Mary [23:06:12] Faith increased by 0,1400 to 64,0621

• After you've posted your faith gain, you can immediately start to use the first out of the five new prayers you have and can continue praying every 20 minutes until they've been used up

How often can I do a sermon?

• An individual priest can do a sermon once every 3 hours, however the group as a whole, can conduct sermons every 30 minutes, each time by a different priest.
  • Priests take turns doing sermons, one at a time, 30 minutes apart until the 3-hour cycle is up and they start the queue chain all over again
  • A queue looks something like this:
    Next David at xx:04:29 > Susan > John > Louise > Jack > Mary

How many priests/followers can participate and how does this affect the sermon?

• The optimal size of a group is 6 priests (+ as many followers/listeners as possible), because it allows exactly 30min+30min+30min+30min+30min+30min = 3 hours. However if there are more than 6 priests active, a few more can still be squeezed in without it impacting the queue too badly. Obviously the longer the queue of priests wishing to sermon, the more others have to wait for their turn.
  • There are three different states/ tiers a sermon group can have:
    1. If there are less than 5 priests/listeners total, priests will not get a reset from doing a sermon, nor will they get faith. However they can gain a little religion and preaching skills, but most priests do not bother and would rather wait for more people to show up
    2. If there are 5-6, a priest will gain a little bit of faith, but will not reset their prayer timer
    3. If there are 7 or more, they will both reset and gain faith. Again, the more premium:ed priests/listeners around, the more faith the priest will get when they do the sermon

How can I keep track of my timers?

It is warmly recommended to install Wurm Assistant, as it will help you follow the timers for your sermons, prayers and alignment. Here is also a video that shows how to set up the timers for your priest.

What can go wrong?

For sermons to work properly, you should avoid all actions that cause alignmment gains.
Do not:

• Sacrifice
  • Cast the Bless spell.
  • For a full list of things that cause alignment, see here: Alignment

What can I do while I'm waiting my turn to preach?

• Pray
  • Cast safe spells like "Light token" or "Dirt" or "Vessel". Spells that do not cause alignment issues.

Help! No-one is pasting the queue, how can I take care of it?

The most convenient way is to create a text file and keep track by adding one row per turn with the following format. There should be 6 "slots" in total. If there are less than 6 priests, assign some slots to be "free", but keep them still in the queue:

/me Next David at xx:00:10 > Susan > John > Louise > Jack > Mary

When the next sermon faith gain has been posted, check the time and add 30 minutes + 1 minute buffer to it. So for instance, the next row in the queue would look like this:

/me Next Susan at xx:31:10 > John > Louise > Jack > Mary > David

The reason the xx format is used for hours is since we are all in different timezones.

Edited by Qdlaty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Qdlaty said:

This instruction was made by Malena, but i've bought copy right for it :)

Heheh it was a pleasure to help. Besides, it saved me from having to explain things over and over again to newcomers while you were away :). No "copyrights" needed here haha!

• Like 1

2 spots free, 0.180gains, come and upgrade your priests:D

I recently converted my mag priest to Nahjo.  I think I will send him over.  His name is Warmag.

13 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

I recently converted my mag priest to Nahjo.  I think I will send him over.  His name is Warmag.

Food, bed and water awaiting :)

Due too crazy huge amount of people at some hours priority in queue is given to

1 - permanent preachers

2 - priests with extra premium char for sermon

3 - players staying afk overnight for others

4 - people who helped start and running this sermon

Please remember, we are not able to put everyone coming in into queue, it's very time limited

You can be removed/got less chances if you :

1 - are constantly going afk for over 5mins when you supposed to preach

2 - switching off after your sermon/sermons

3 - rude attitude - will result in KOS with 4mins timer to leave, after which you will be removed by templars/guards

urQwN65.jpg

Foureyes [17:24:23] Faith increased by 0.3200 to 61.2762

Edited by Qdlaty
  • Like 2

daily bump

we are talking here about making 2nd sermon group, but for this we would need few more souls to keep it going 24/7 , so move your priests and listeners and lets rock and roll :D

Edited by Qdlaty

daily bump [23:24:38] Buddha [23:24:29] Faith increased by 0.3400 to 66.1611

• Like 1

uhm to guys at the sermon my computer just melted down and got no graphic card, i will be back tomorrow when i'll get new one

Yikes Sorry to hear that we will keep group running. Thanks for letting us know.

That's what happened when you pour beer on your mobo.

Better drink it next time :P

Hope you come back soon

Edited by Zahl
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Zahl said:

That's what happened when you pour bear on your mobo.

Better drink it next time :P

Hope you come back soon

will be back tonight..hopefully...got small problem with cash its 5 days to payment lol im trying to use my old comp graphic card if not i will take my laptop back from one "woman" ;p

back to the business, not best solution but playable on old comp :D

Edited by Qdlaty

Maybe you know, maybe not...

How far apart do priests have to be to sermon at the same time?

Foureyes hit 70 faith this morning.  Thinking to stay for a cheeky 80...

• Like 1

Good Group of people got some good faith gains and made some new friends if your looking to get some Faith gains this is the place to be. Thanks for everything Qdlaty.

11 minutes ago, Muhyul said:

Good Group of people got some good faith gains and made some new friends if your looking to get some Faith gains this is the place to be. Thanks for everything Qdlaty.

Thanks for nice words and for coming over:)

btw Muhyul rebuilding this terrible wooden construction, all wooden walls gone, will post pictures later:)

Edited by Qdlaty
  • Like 1

New place looks great.

Thanks for the endless 78ql+ meals, water and beds to sleep in for the few weeks I was there.  Went from 30 faith to 56 in a week and a half.  Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

New place looks great.

Thanks for the endless 78ql+ meals, water and beds to sleep in for the few weeks I was there.  Went from 30 faith to 56 in a week and a half.  Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Thanks Nicedreams for such nice words, was hoping for sermons to last longer, but like they saying good things can't last forever, but i'm sure we all will have nice memories :)

Well...sadly but i'm calling sermons off for now, maybe one day we will repeat it, it were nice 7 weeks, took my priests to 1x 100 and 2x70 in faith, i hope we will keep only good memories, perhaps it could last longer, but cannot make everyone happy, i hope everyone reached his/her minimum goals and won't blame me too much, we start with Jumias and 0.08gains but we finished with 0.340 :)

Thanks everyone for coming

Llynx, Wyczesanymieczyslaw, Alla, Heinzgotze, Shalestina, Traubon, Radrohn, Foureyes, Andrzej, Kasimir, Khalifa, Maulvik, Mewantcookie, Renset, Vila, Rhaine, Zana, Jumias, Warmag, ...i hope i didn't forgot anyone :)

Good luck guys and let's hope see you in future:)

Place will be open for everyone who want to come and pray, and will provide tasty meals for lost travelers:)

Edited by Qdlaty

I want to thank you Q very very much :) I create there two nice priests in such a short time, thanks to your kindness, patience and great place you made there. Church is gorgeous atm, with beds, free food and nice presence of the host :) Funny, intelligent , full of sense of humor and very hospitable :P I had great time there, lots of fun and hard work too..sleepless nights and jokes :P Hope I can get there again with another priest, when I create one :D good job, Q, I'm impressed :D