Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Who wants to Beta Test Rifts for No Reward?

On 6/24/2016 at 9:01 PM, madnezz said:

The rift's have been designed based on the premise that no one should be able to figure out an easy way to enjoy them.  As soon as someone does find a way an immediate change is made to counteract the method regardless of how much fun is sacrificed in the process.

Ideally the shoulder armor should be craftable and the items needed to make them magical should be a random drop from killing a mob in the rift area.  But this idea isn't cruel enough, obviously.

I wonder if those responsible will figure out in time they are in the entertainment business and making things fun for their audience and rewarding for time spent should be the only goal.

are you part of the jakerivers fan club... whine a little louder and maybe the devs will wipe your bottom..

On 6/24/2016 at 9:01 PM, madnezz said:

The rift's have been designed based on the premise that no one should be able to figure out an easy way to enjoy them.  As soon as someone does find a way an immediate change is made to counteract the method regardless of how much fun is sacrificed in the process.

What do you mean by this, specifically? We asked for rift mob scaling, and we got it. We asked for better loot chance and and participation for healing, and we got it (actually it existed anyways, it was just clarified). And they're still improving the rifts, so I really don't understand what you mean.

Personally I think you should get moon metals and special items (rings, bracelents) and things to enchant the shoulder pads with.

The shoulder pads themselves should just be high end craftable items...

48 minutes ago, Bittereinder said:

Personally I think you should get moon metals and special items (rings, bracelents) and things to enchant the shoulder pads with.

The shoulder pads themselves should just be high end craftable items...

You could even attach the ability to craft them to rifts, something like:

* Attend 1 rift to craft wooden shoulder pads

* Attend 2 rifts to craft chain shoulder pads

* Hit every type of rift monster once to craft steel shoulder pads

Just to have it connected to rifts in a basic way (offcourse with some high end skill in chain/plate/carpentry).

Special abilites could come from potions dropping in the rift that you can apply to a certain type of shoulder pads.

Anyways, I havent seen any improvement on the loot dropping, I was almost on top of every agro I helped kill, reach phenomonal, yet zero loot dropped (aside from the basic seryll lump at the end).

Only got 1 shoulder pad so far from the 4 rifts I fought in (all 4 phenomonal, and in all 4 I kept fighting each agro I engaged till it died).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lycanthropic said:

You could even attach the ability to craft them to rifts, something like:

* Attend 1 rift to craft wooden shoulder pads

* Attend 2 rifts to craft chain shoulder pads

* Hit every type of rift monster once to craft steel shoulder pads

Just to have it connected to rifts in a basic way (offcourse with some high end skill in chain/plate/carpentry).

Special abilites could come from potions dropping in the rift that you can apply to a certain type of shoulder pads.

Anyways, I havent seen any improvement on the loot dropping, I was almost on top of every agro I helped kill, reach phenomonal, yet zero loot dropped (aside from the basic seryll lump at the end).

Only got 1 shoulder pad so far from the 4 rifts I fought in (all 4 phenomonal, and in all 4 I kept fighting each agro I engaged till it died).

I agree 100%

Edited by Bittereinder
  • Like 1