Sign in to follow this  
Sila

UPDATE 1.3 Diging same way as mining

nothing new on WU  but lets bring this to WO already!

When you mine shards pop out infront of you...  lets make same way diging!  No more inventory needed and so many actions for stupid moving dirt all the time...

Make it same as mining!

Edited by Sila
  • Like 6

+1

Also, how about being able to offload and activate a container, selected container becomes the spot where dirt is being captured?  Instead of going into your inventory or the ground, make the dirt go directly into a container like a crate, instead.  Will also solve the issue of only having 100 dirt on a tile then you have to do silly movement stuff to next tiles...

• Like 1

Sounds reasonable to me.... I have holes in my pockets anyway

+1

i agree but i think this is intentionally left to slow down excavators.

• Like 2

Add dredging to this also , dirt goes into boat or ship.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Add dredging to this also , dirt goes into boat or ship.

Amen to this, into a two slot dredge is really annoying,  i mean at least make it like a shovel

Ya ... pretty sure no one is mentioned lately becuase we are all still waiting...

0N5ejjs.png

Just in case not clear it say on December 4th 2015:
>>

Digging!

Another upcoming change will be that digging will now work similar to mining, with the dirt appearing on the tile, as opposed to into your inventory. This will only be for digging, and levelling/flattening will continue to work as it does currently.

<<

... just saying this one went beyond a suggestion and .... nothing

• Like 8

it is apparently very hard to code, since it took someone on WU a week to make the mod ;)

well is already on WU....   not hard...

On 6/22/2016 at 9:55 PM, ClericGunem said:

Ya ... pretty sure no one is mentioned lately becuase we are all still waiting...

0N5ejjs.png

Just in case not clear it say on December 4th 2015:
>>

Digging!

Another upcoming change will be that digging will now work similar to mining, with the dirt appearing on the tile, as opposed to into your inventory. This will only be for digging, and levelling/flattening will continue to work as it does currently.

<<

... just saying this one went beyond a suggestion and .... nothing

not to quote myself or anything

Had a good laugh back then when the change mentioned in the news was still not live a week later. This doesn't belong to suggestions and is obviously a bug :D

• Like 1

Right, I remember reading that news and I was applauding for awesome upcoming change.

Then I forgot I think.

I would more prefer this with leveling. Digging is limited to queue size so unless your digging in plate, unlikely to run out of space for a few. Leveling in a mine does it. Also leveling in a mine gets rare rocks, while digging doesn't. #diggersunite

Dredge changes would be welcome too, even if only to make it hold 3 or 4 dirt, it's not so easy to keep a fast dredge empty.

I made this suggestion a few weeks back and got mixed feedback then.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2016 at 11:05 PM, Wurmhole said:

it is apparently very hard to code, since it took someone on WU a week to make the mod ;)

Lol I made it first for wu. Had never modded anything before and it took less than 30 mins from my first look at the code to figure it out, implement it, and post it on the forums as the first WU mod

It's a change of like 2 lines of code and I had in an old post an explanation of exactly which lines needed to be changed and to what 

Sad that WO still doesn't have it 

• Like 2

+1 to thing that was already supposed to have happened

Got answer from Retrograde:

30 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Long story short, it's in the works. A lot of what gets delayed, or what takes time through to being implemented isnt so much the technical aspects, but sheer time we can allot. Many projects are in the works, and we cant drop them all to attend to others, so changes such as that, plus seemingly small suggestions take time.

As for digging to work similar to mining, I'll see about giving the devs a poke and find out whats happening, obviously digging is an integral part of the game, so we need to ensure that this change works smoothly, it may wait a little longer to come out though.

/Retro

23 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

As long as its clear nothing is set in concrete yet, there's still a lot to look at and assess prior to throwing new digging actions in

Here we go, gentlemen. Wait and we shall receive.

give this a toggle to be disabled if wished for. having to look for a little clay or tar pile on the ground between bsbs is gonna be a pain!

3 hours ago, Arium said:

give this a toggle to be disabled if wished for. having to look for a little clay or tar pile on the ground between bsbs is gonna be a pain!

toggles?

drop-> on ground / in pile [+ keybinds]

dig-> dig / dig pile [+ keybinds]

profit-> submenu-> profit

• Like 1